-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
medschoolhopeful1234
Full Member
Do you guys know if they send a decision to everyone at the same time or if they do it application by application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applicant by applicant - last time they were trickling slowly. I’ve got mine hours after the first ones.Do you guys know if they send a decision to everyone at the same time or if they do it application by application?
PlzLetMeIn155
Full Member
Got the A today!! DD 10/15, interviewed 9/28. Soooooo excited!!!!
Nothing yetHas anyone who interviewed on 10/19 heard anything?
Anybody who got DD on 10/22 hear back yet?
Anybody who got DD on 10/22 hear back yet?
I haven’t heard anything yet (10/22 DD)
nope, DD 10/22 as well...Anybody who got DD on 10/22 hear back yet?
Nope, DD 10/22 as wellAnybody who got DD on 10/22 hear back yet?
Also 10/22 DD with no news yet... I hope we hear something today and they don't hold it until next month (ugh)Anybody who got DD on 10/22 hear back yet?
Also 10/22 DD with no news yet... I hope we hear something today and they don't hold it until next month (ugh)
Me too!! It feels like Christmas when the third Friday of the month comes around lol
According to their website:Does anyone know when they will tell us the campus we’ve been assigned to after making our campus list?
Campus assignment will be shared no later than March 30th via the Secondary Applicant Portal
So seeing their slow rolling train it will probably be March.
D
deleted1119327
Must be a Chicago day for me lol. Second Chicago school A for the day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medschoolhopeful1234
Full Member
No decision or email yet ...I'm guessing I won't hear until next week or until the next meeting... anybody else who interviewed on 11/03 also not hear anything?
med2b3
Full Member
I'm wondering the same! same interview dayNo decision or email yet ...I'm guessing I won't hear until next week or until the next meeting... anybody else who interviewed on 11/03 also not hear anything?
Congrats on the A’s, you appear to be a desirable applicant!Must be a Chicago day for me lol. Second Chicago school A for the day.
In my opinion the not-so-subtle cavalier brag was not needed! Perhaps that is just how it came across to me, but that’s just my 2c.
same 🙁Just got delayed decision email, interviewed mid October
also interviewed then, also DD 🙁Just got delayed decision email, interviewed mid October
medschoolhopeful1234
Full Member
Got the acceptance around 6 p.m. today .... I wish everyone here good luck, the waiting can suck and I truly hope that all of you hear good news soon.
Anyone IS get an A that isn't URM also? I still haven't even gotten an interview when I was complete in early July, IS. Stats are good too.
I did - I’m probably the most ORM you can get (white male, late 20s). I’m from Chicagoland area. Completed somewhere around end of July.Anyone IS get an A that isn't URM also? I still haven't even gotten an interview when I was complete in early July, IS. Stats are good too.
PlzLetMeIn155
Full Member
I did- got the A 11/19 (friday), interviewed 9/28. White, 22F, IS (Chicagoland), 3.6x GPA, 515 MCAT. Complete in July.Anyone IS get an A that isn't URM also? I still haven't even gotten an interview when I was complete in early July, IS. Stats are good too.
really? follow your facebook page 'UICOM admissions'..... REALLY?! pls send II first....
My heart dropped I thought it was like an accepted student page 😭😅really? follow your facebook page 'UICOM admissions'..... REALLY?! pls send II first....
II today! OOS (TX) ORM, Completed 07/19. Available Date: Nov 30, Dec 1, Dec 3
LastSigFig
Full Member
stats pl?II today! OOS (TX) ORM, Completed 07/19. Available Date: Nov 30, Dec 1, Dec 3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NonTrad, ORM, LM 71.2. No tie to the Statestats pl?
+1 IS (Southside Chicago) URM, complete 7/22!! Same dates as above offeredII today! OOS (TX) ORM, Completed 07/19. Available Date: Nov 30, Dec 1, Dec 3
Last edited:
JohnJacobJingleheimer
Full Member
Congrats to all recent II’s and A’s!!
Quick question that maybe someone could provide some insight on. Does anyone know when scholarships are awarded? Is it at the time of an admission offer or does it come with your financial aid package later on?
Quick question that maybe someone could provide some insight on. Does anyone know when scholarships are awarded? Is it at the time of an admission offer or does it come with your financial aid package later on?
Congrats 😉II Invite today! Could I PM someone who's already interviewed?
If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
JohnJacobJingleheimer
Full Member
Congrats! Accepted a few weeks ago if I can offer any insightII Invite today! Could I PM someone who's already interviewed?
Readytogo8
Full Member
JohnJacobJingleheimer
Full Member
Give yourself the 65! hahaha congrats!II received yesterday! Complete 7/26, international, LizzyM 64.9
Any of my IS and alumni still silent? I do not understand lol, I have 6 interviews and none in the state.
Any of my IS and alumni still silent? I do not understand lol, I have 6 interviews and none
Seems like a disproportionate amount of OOS and International students reporting II and A on this thread for a school that is so expensive to attend OOS and that interviews more in state than out. Hopeful that there are more IS interviews to come but maybe UIC is really trying to get the bag from OOS tuition.
That is what I noticed lol. UIC interviews 1/3 of their IS applicants and it seems like there have not been that many reported here. I am not sure maybe they interview IS applicants later? It is disappointing, I have a lot of activities serving underserved communities in Chicago, went to UIC, did tons of research at UIC, and am having luck with OOS schools so what gives.Seems like a disproportionate amount of OOS and International students reporting II and A on this thread for a school that is so expensive to attend OOS and that interviews more in state than out. Hopeful that there are more IS interviews to come but maybe UIC is really trying to get the bag from OOS tuition.
They did overfill their class last year so I am sure that is going to be bad for us.
I think it's just the selection bias here. Last year, according to MSAR, they accepted 18% out of state and ~2.5% international. Also, last year they also lowered the tuition rates so I personally doubt it's about money. If they indeed make more OOS class it will be strange, as after all they're a public school.Seems like a disproportionate amount of OOS and International students reporting II and A on this thread for a school that is so expensive to attend OOS and that interviews more in state than out. Hopeful that there are more IS interviews to come but maybe UIC is really trying to get the bag from OOS tuition.
I think there is still time. Seem like many IS from last year thread felt similar. Think there are lots of IS ORM that hopefully will have some interviews coming in this winter.That is what I noticed lol. UIC interviews 1/3 of their IS applicants and it seems like there have not been that many reported here. I am not sure maybe they interview IS applicants later? It is disappointing, I have a lot of activities serving underserved communities in Chicago, went to UIC, did tons of research at UIC, and am having luck with OOS schools so what gives.
They did overfill their class last year so I am sure that is going to be bad for us.
Another interesting tidbit from MSAR: they seem to have earliest decisions sent on October 15 and evaluate OOS in the same way as IS, so it looks like there’s nothing to worry about yet as they’re not even a month into acceptances. I wish more schools published how many offers they had given…
D
deleted1079310
I think they have a real initiative to select URM's this cycle. Something like 40% URM class makeup last cycle...at least that's what I was told. I have absolutely no in-state love either. Finding it incredibly difficult to pick up interviews from any IS schools, and I am also an Illinois alum.Any of my IS and alumni still silent? I do not understand lol, I have 6 interviews and none in the state.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They officially re-evaluate every third Thursday of the month, and (from what we saw here) the Monday after the meeting. What they do in April is put everybody who wasn't accepted onto an official waitlist, but that's a separate thing.Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know the time range of when you could hear back if you were placed on Re-Review post-II ? Can your application truly be picked up and reevaluated at any point in the cycle or is it usually like a faux-waitlist thing they do at the end in late spring? Just tryna set my expectations in terms of time lol
Last edited:
May be a bias in the thread but it looks like the majority of acceptances given from last month’s meeting were given to people who were on placed on delayed decision from 10/15. This year specifically feels like more delayed decisions from IIs but also accepting more people from delayed decision. I also dont know if they truly re-review every file at every meeting since there were a bunch of people placed on delayed decision on 10/22 who didn’t hear anything from last months meeting. Hopefully next week’s meeting will give out As to some of those applicants. But I’m optimistic about this whole thing because I’m on delayed decision currently 🙂Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know the time range of when you could hear back if you were placed on Re-Review post-II ? Can your application truly be picked up and reevaluated at any point in the cycle or is it usually like a faux-waitlist thing they do at the end in late spring? Just tryna set my expectations in terms of time lol
impostor_syndrOhm
impostorsyndrOhm
Thanks! Glad to know so many are in the same boat this cycle! (or at least based on this thread haha)May be a bias in the thread but it looks like the majority of acceptances given from last month’s meeting were given to people who were on placed on delayed decision from 10/15. This year specifically feels like more delayed decisions from IIs but also accepting more people from delayed decision. I also dont know if they truly re-review every file at every meeting since there were a bunch of people placed on delayed decision on 10/22 who didn’t hear anything from last months meeting. Hopefully next week’s meeting will give out As to some of those applicants. But I’m optimistic about this whole thing because I’m on delayed decision currently 🙂