2021-2022 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on 10/19 heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys know if they send a decision to everyone at the same time or if they do it application by application?

interviewed Sept 8th, Delayed Decision 10/15, Accepted today!!!
Soooo happpyyyy

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if they send a decision to everyone at the same time or if they do it application by application?
Applicant by applicant - last time they were trickling slowly. I’ve got mine hours after the first ones.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the A today!! DD 10/15, interviewed 9/28. Soooooo excited!!!!

• Love
Does anyone know when they will tell us the campus we’ve been assigned to after making our campus list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they will tell us the campus we’ve been assigned to after making our campus list?
According to their website:

Campus assignment will be shared no later than March 30th via the Secondary Applicant Portal​

So seeing their slow rolling train it will probably be March.

Must be a Chicago day for me lol. Second Chicago school A for the day.

No decision or email yet ...I'm guessing I won't hear until next week or until the next meeting... anybody else who interviewed on 11/03 also not hear anything?

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who got in today! If we haven’t heard today is it safe to assume delayed decision?

Must be a Chicago day for me lol. Second Chicago school A for the day.
Congrats on the A’s, you appear to be a desirable applicant!

In my opinion the not-so-subtle cavalier brag was not needed! Perhaps that is just how it came across to me, but that’s just my 2c.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got delayed decision email, interviewed mid October

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Got the acceptance around 6 p.m. today .... I wish everyone here good luck, the waiting can suck and I truly hope that all of you hear good news soon.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone IS get an A that isn't URM also? I still haven't even gotten an interview when I was complete in early July, IS. Stats are good too.

Anyone IS get an A that isn't URM also? I still haven't even gotten an interview when I was complete in early July, IS. Stats are good too.
I did - I’m probably the most ORM you can get (white male, late 20s). I’m from Chicagoland area. Completed somewhere around end of July.

I did- got the A 11/19 (friday), interviewed 9/28. White, 22F, IS (Chicagoland), 3.6x GPA, 515 MCAT. Complete in July.

really? follow your facebook page 'UICOM admissions'..... REALLY?! pls send II first....

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 20 users
II today! OOS (TX) ORM, Completed 07/19. Available Date: Nov 30, Dec 1, Dec 3

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II today! OOS (TX) ORM, Completed 07/19. Available Date: Nov 30, Dec 1, Dec 3
+1 IS (Southside Chicago) URM, complete 7/22!! Same dates as above offered

Last edited:
Congrats to all recent II’s and A’s!!

Quick question that maybe someone could provide some insight on. Does anyone know when scholarships are awarded? Is it at the time of an admission offer or does it come with your financial aid package later on?

II Invite today! Could I PM someone who's already interviewed?

Any of my IS and alumni still silent? I do not understand lol, I have 6 interviews and none in the state.

Any of my IS and alumni still silent? I do not understand lol, I have 6 interviews and none

Seems like a disproportionate amount of OOS and International students reporting II and A on this thread for a school that is so expensive to attend OOS and that interviews more in state than out. Hopeful that there are more IS interviews to come but maybe UIC is really trying to get the bag from OOS tuition.

Seems like a disproportionate amount of OOS and International students reporting II and A on this thread for a school that is so expensive to attend OOS and that interviews more in state than out. Hopeful that there are more IS interviews to come but maybe UIC is really trying to get the bag from OOS tuition.
That is what I noticed lol. UIC interviews 1/3 of their IS applicants and it seems like there have not been that many reported here. I am not sure maybe they interview IS applicants later? It is disappointing, I have a lot of activities serving underserved communities in Chicago, went to UIC, did tons of research at UIC, and am having luck with OOS schools so what gives.

They did overfill their class last year so I am sure that is going to be bad for us.

I think it's just the selection bias here. Last year, according to MSAR, they accepted 18% out of state and ~2.5% international. Also, last year they also lowered the tuition rates so I personally doubt it's about money. If they indeed make more OOS class it will be strange, as after all they're a public school.

That is what I noticed lol. UIC interviews 1/3 of their IS applicants and it seems like there have not been that many reported here. I am not sure maybe they interview IS applicants later? It is disappointing, I have a lot of activities serving underserved communities in Chicago, went to UIC, did tons of research at UIC, and am having luck with OOS schools so what gives.

They did overfill their class last year so I am sure that is going to be bad for us.
I think there is still time. Seem like many IS from last year thread felt similar. Think there are lots of IS ORM that hopefully will have some interviews coming in this winter.

Another interesting tidbit from MSAR: they seem to have earliest decisions sent on October 15 and evaluate OOS in the same way as IS, so it looks like there’s nothing to worry about yet as they’re not even a month into acceptances. I wish more schools published how many offers they had given…

Any of my IS and alumni still silent? I do not understand lol, I have 6 interviews and none in the state.
I think they have a real initiative to select URM's this cycle. Something like 40% URM class makeup last cycle...at least that's what I was told. I have absolutely no in-state love either. Finding it incredibly difficult to pick up interviews from any IS schools, and I am also an Illinois alum.

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know the time range of when you could hear back if you were placed on Re-Review post-II ? Can your application truly be picked up and reevaluated at any point in the cycle or is it usually like a faux-waitlist thing they do at the end in late spring? Just tryna set my expectations in terms of time lol
They officially re-evaluate every third Thursday of the month, and (from what we saw here) the Monday after the meeting. What they do in April is put everybody who wasn't accepted onto an official waitlist, but that's a separate thing.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know the time range of when you could hear back if you were placed on Re-Review post-II ? Can your application truly be picked up and reevaluated at any point in the cycle or is it usually like a faux-waitlist thing they do at the end in late spring? Just tryna set my expectations in terms of time lol
May be a bias in the thread but it looks like the majority of acceptances given from last month’s meeting were given to people who were on placed on delayed decision from 10/15. This year specifically feels like more delayed decisions from IIs but also accepting more people from delayed decision. I also dont know if they truly re-review every file at every meeting since there were a bunch of people placed on delayed decision on 10/22 who didn’t hear anything from last months meeting. Hopefully next week’s meeting will give out As to some of those applicants. But I’m optimistic about this whole thing because I’m on delayed decision currently :)

May be a bias in the thread but it looks like the majority of acceptances given from last month’s meeting were given to people who were on placed on delayed decision from 10/15. This year specifically feels like more delayed decisions from IIs but also accepting more people from delayed decision. I also dont know if they truly re-review every file at every meeting since there were a bunch of people placed on delayed decision on 10/22 who didn’t hear anything from last months meeting. Hopefully next week’s meeting will give out As to some of those applicants. But I’m optimistic about this whole thing because I’m on delayed decision currently :)
Thanks! Glad to know so many are in the same boat this cycle! (or at least based on this thread haha)

Hi Everyone! I hope this is not out of place but I was curious if anyone had heard anything about institutional scholarships? Has anyone here been selected?

Anyone who interviewed late October know when decisions come out? I know they said sometime this week