2021-2022 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should be Friday!
Anyone who interviewed late October know when decisions come out? I know they said sometime this week

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who interviewed late October know when decisions come out? I know they said sometime this week
They always meet every third Thursday (this upcoming one being the one) of every month, with decisions being released the day after.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! I hope this is not out of place but I was curious if anyone had heard anything about institutional scholarships? Has anyone here been selected?
"The OSFA begins awarding aid to incoming students in mid-March. Continuing students are awarded starting in June. " Source

I'm assuming this also applied to awarded scholarships, but not certain.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has this school sent any pre-II rejections yet?

Anybody else just get an invitation to apply to the GMED program? I haven't heard anything from the school so far, no II or hold or anything. The email made me really excited until I realized it was probably just a reminder for something.

Anybody else just get an invitation to apply to the GMED program? I haven't heard anything from the school so far, no II or hold or anything. The email made me really excited until I realized it was probably just a reminder for something.
Yeah got one for the UMED program reminding me to submit my application for it... confused because I already have submitted it. I'm on DD rn so maybe that's why? Weird for sure.

Got reminders for two programs; also on DD. Seems like they were sent to anyone who ticked those boxes on the portal, regardless of II status.

I also got the email about umed saying to complete it, even though I've already done it. No II for the regular MD program yet though.

Edit: At least they finally put my first name in the email. I've been "Dear Preferred First Name" this whole cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah got one for the UMED program reminding me to submit my application for it... confused because I already have submitted it. I'm on DD rn so maybe that's why? Weird for sure.
I got the UMED email as well. Same boat as you @dr.donkey . On DD since 10/15. Assuming it just automatically sent to everyone.

I also got the UMED email and already submitted it, but was accepted. I emailed them back to see if there is some glitch or if we are all missing something. I'll keep you posted on their response.

I realized that for my IMED app, when I click "submit" the form actually doesn't submit and just saves. I wonder if this is what is causing the problem

I also got the UMED email and already submitted it, but was accepted. I emailed them back to see if there is some glitch or if we are all missing something. I'll keep you posted on their response.
They confirmed receiving my scholarly concentration applications and didn't indicate any glitches. I'd say if you're concerned if they received your app, email to be sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I was just curious if we should expect decisions tomorrow or Friday?
Most likely Friday - despite to what they were saying it looks like they meet on Thursdays but send emails on Fridays.

Reactions: 2 users
anyone know what time the emails usually get sent for decisions tmrw?

Make sure to refresh the communication page in the portal instead of the email as messages appear there faster ;)

Are we all still hitting refresh?

Did not receive a call as an accepted student earlier this cycle. OOS, not sure if different for IS or different interviewers.
I’m IS and I didn’t get a call. The acceptance came as an email + the portal had a copy of this email and the portal layout itself changed with extra things to fill in.

Got the A!!
Congratulations future doctor! :)

Congrats to all the As!

I definitely did not get a call with my acceptance on Oct. 15. Two emails and portal updates at the same time.

Congrats to all the A's!! I haven't received any news yet. I wonder what that means :unsure:

Got the A!!! This is my first A and one of my top choices!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
It seems like the decisions are trickling in over time. Hope that leads to some more As for everyone!

Reactions: 4 users