2021-2022 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did not receive a call as an accepted student earlier this cycle. OOS, not sure if different for IS or different interviewers.
Well... now I feel special lmao. Who knows, just a very nice lady on the ADCOM called to congratulate me.

Members don't see this ad.

Got the A as well!!! My dream school for years. Was on delayed decision from 10/15. Good luck to everyone still in the grind, I hope you all get good news soon!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Got the A as well!!! My dream school for years. Was on delayed decision from 10/15. Good luck to everyone still in the grind, I hope you all get good news soon!
Did you just get the email? Just checking if they are still trickling in.

And congrats on the A!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you just get the email? Just checking if they are still trickling in.

And congrats on the A!!
Thank you! I got the email at 3pm central but I wasn’t able to check my email then.

This is agonizing :( I was put on DD 10/22 and thought I’d hear something back by today 😅

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just got put on delayed decision. Does this seem pretty common this year?
Welcome to the club. And yes haha I think so. Apparently they overfilled their class last year

Just got put on delayed decision. Does this seem pretty common this year?

Wait toll Monday - there were plenty of people who got a DD on Friday and got an A promptly on Monday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: 1 users
Still radio silence over here, interviewed on Dec 6th (MSTP applicant but I was told I might hear from the Med school first)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else had radio silence today? I got the DD email around 7:30 eastern last month, but nothing today.

DD. I’ll keep you posted on the ketchup if I hear anything.
Hopefully at their next meeting you'll get the A!

I'm confused about mine, because I have not heard anything back at all. Guessing it means the same, but not sure why I haven't received anything at all.

Has anyone else had radio silence today? I got the DD email around 7:30 eastern last month, but nothing today.
I was DD in October and got accepted earlier today. I sent in an update between then and now, so that may have influenced my decision, but you never really know.

Just a friendly reminder from a current UICOM student to update the school if you have significant changes or are holding other acceptances (but would rather attend UIC)! I sent a love letter to UICOM after getting an OOS acceptance and two weeks later there was an II in my email. It worked for me so just figured I would pass along the suggestion :)

Just a friendly reminder from a current UICOM student to update the school if you have significant changes or are holding other acceptances (but would rather attend UIC)! I sent a love letter to UICOM after getting an OOS acceptance and two weeks later there was an II in my email. It worked for me so just figured I would pass along the suggestion :)
I was wondering if this also works for cocurricular programs in any way? I applied through IMED and unfortunately got waitlisted there (which I'm seeing as an R given the size of the program), which is a huge bummer as this was one of the major reason for attending UIC for me.

As far as I understand the cocurricular programs used to be open after matriculation, but now they're part of the secondary so after like Dec 15 you cannot even apply to any other one :thinking:

I'm confused about mine, because I have not heard anything back at all. Guessing it means the same, but not sure why I haven't received anything at all.
Hmm that’s confusing yeah. Might be worth it to check in with them?

Wishing you luck!

Anyone interview near the end of last week (12/8-12/10) and not hear anything? I got no decision but the deans at my interview day said we would get a decision from this month's meeting.

Anyone interview near the end of last week (12/8-12/10) and not hear anything? I got no decision but the deans at my interview day said we would get a decision from this month's meeting.
That's pretty typical for them. Not all people get the decision at the earliest meeting despite their good plan to do so.

That's pretty typical for them. Not all people get the decision at the earliest meeting despite their good plan to do so.
Dang they got my anxiety up for nothing :cryi:, welp see yall next month then!

Dang they got my anxiety up for nothing :cryi:, welp see yall next month then!
It may be Monday actually ;) As the previous history of this thread showed they seem to send things to some people just after the weekend🤞

Anyone hear anything today that didn’t hear on Friday? My inbox is barren…. :(

I interviewed in October and got DD in November. So deferred applicants get an email if they are deferred again, or no email?

Anyone else think the holiday wishes email was an A? :/

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else think the holiday wishes email was an A? :/
ayo I have beef with UICOM :( high-key it was so unnerving the moment I opened my inbox and saw that holiday wishes email. Wishing for us all to get great II emails soon!

• Care
  • Angry
Reactions: 7 users

I also interviewed on 11/30 and didn't hear anything this past Friday or Monday. Not sure why especially since this interview was in November... does it just mean delayed decision?

Lmao the happy holidays e-mail went straight to my junk folder. Appropriate.

• Haha
I interviewed in October and got DD in November. So deferred applicants get an email if they are deferred again, or no email?

No email. Dr. Amiri specifically mentioned that during one of the sessions I attended

Radio silence since September and now a sudden holiday email 😣 I got too excited 🙃

Look on the bright side! At least the Happy Holidays email wasn't an R :) UICOM will string us along for at least a little while longer :')

Any idea when they will stop sending out IIs? IS and still radio silence (besides the Happy Holidays email lol).

Look on the bright side! At least the Happy Holidays email wasn't an R :) UICOM will string us along for at least a little while longer :')
They reject all at the end of their cycle. So no one will know till then lolol

As a medium-stat ORM I have pretty much given up on every IS illinois school this cycle lol

would this work if you don't have significant changes but you are holding another acceptance? I currently have an OOS acceptance but would love to come here instead, but I don't know how to word the letter without including any significant updates.

I was wondering if this also works for cocurricular programs in any way? I applied through IMED and unfortunately got waitlisted there (which I'm seeing as an R given the size of the program), which is a huge bummer as this was one of the major reason for attending UIC for me.

As far as I understand the cocurricular programs used to be open after matriculation, but now they're part of the secondary so after like Dec 15 you cannot even apply to any other one :thinking:
Sorry, I am not sure what like the cocurricular program waitlists are like so I can't be of much help here :(. I don't see why it would hurt though!

would this work if you don't have significant changes but you are holding another acceptance? I currently have an OOS acceptance but would love to come here instead, but I don't know how to word the letter without including any significant updates.
I think it could be worth a shot to send a love letter rather than an update letter. However, you need to be very explicit about your personal mission and why serving the people of Illinois is a part of that mission (and why you can't achieve this mission by going to an OOS school)!

I think it could be worth a shot to send a love letter rather than an update letter. However, you need to be very explicit about your personal mission and why serving the people of Illinois is a part of that mission (and why you can't achieve this mission by going to an OOS school)!
@Collbunny123
I agree with this considering their website encourages applicants to submit update or continued interest 6 weeks after application is complete. I did this and got interview a few weeks later. I was also very explicit on my commitment/connection to Illinois and interest in serving Illinois.