2021-2022 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone who was on DD never heard back and doesn't show they're on the alternate list? I also interviewed for a concentration program idk if there's a correlation
they said they will notify applicants after their comittee meeting on may 19

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how common it is for accepted students to be reassigned campuses ?

Got an email directly from IMED telling me I am on their "priority WL". Not really sure how much weight this holds given I have not heard anything from the main program itself

So just to clarify, we shouldn't be expecting WL movement to start until after committee meeting next week? Or has WL movement already started?

Got an email directly from IMED telling me I am on their "priority WL". Not really sure how much weight this holds given I have not heard anything from the main program itself

That's interesting actually since usually co-curricular programs hold any decisions until the medical school release their decision. I've got my info from the COM first and it was followed very promptly with the IMED decision (which means they probably made it before the medical school itself) :thinking:

GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE WL TODAY TOO (OOS)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So we all know medical schools over-accept individuals to fill their class size. Since WL movement has started would it be fair to say the class size is very close to their actual desired class size and every seat that is dropped from hear on would be required to be replaced by a person from the WL?

For the people who were taken off the waitlist, did they give you a site assignment already. If not, were you able to list the site preference?

just got off the waitlist! little confused by the wording though. it said We look forward to seeing you on our Rockford campus in August but then on my portal I was able to rank the campuses.

Reactions: 2 users
just got off the waitlist! little confused by the wording though. it said We look forward to seeing you on our Rockford campus in August but then on my portal I was able to rank the campuses.

Congratulations!!! The “site preference” page remains accessible even after site assignment is complete. Check out your “Site assignment” page on the portal to confirm it’s Rockford.

Congratulations! When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?

same for me! I got the same email for IMED and i hadn't even moved from DD to waitlist. anwyays since then, i withdrew anwyays (not even sure what status my app was lol) cos i CTE to another school

I was pulled off the WL today. According to the portal my site is TBD. With the CYMS deadlines, does anyone know if me accepting the offer then ranking campuses will affect other acceptances on CYMS?

Reactions: 1 users
Random question, but was anyone else during their interview asked about their stance on transgender athletes during the MMI?

Yeah, pretty obvious that question was a political litmus test. That’s why it’s bothering me

Yeah, pretty obvious that question was a political litmus test. That’s why it’s bothering me
I don't think it was as political as you believe, this is the kind of question that examines how you deal with and think about very complicated and controversial issues. Few (if any) MMI questions are "this is the right answer, did you get it." It may have been concerning to them if you came down so heavily on one side without acknowledging the merits of the other side. There's a lot of nuance in many MMI questions, just as there will be in medicine.

I don't know that talking about the specific questions they used in the interview is a good idea, by the way.

Reactions: 4 users
I just got pulled off the WL. I got 2 emails, one said I was assigned to the Peoria campus and another said I should rank my campuses. On my application portal, it stated my campus site is TBD. So is my campus assignment Peoria?

I just got pulled off the WL. I got 2 emails, one said I was assigned to the Peoria campus and another said I should rank my campuses. On my application portal, it stated my campus site is TBD. So is my campus assignment Peoria?
Are you international/OOS?

I had the same experience, despite my portal saying site is TBD, I emailed admissions and they said I was “accepted to the Peoria campus.” They also said to read the instructions, accept the offer/technical standards and rank the campuses still to move forward with placement. For what it’s worth I’m in state. I’m kind of confused how to move forward from here. I love UIC but I have an acceptance elsewhere, at a location that I prefer above Peoria, so I wasn’t sure how I was going to proceed from here as I am like 90% of accepted people that prefer Chicago. But I’m not convinced I can hold two acceptances post may 1st deadline even if one is from a waitlist, so I was going to wait until Monday to call AAMC for clarification.

Reactions: 1 users
I recently got off the WL this past Saturday but did not receive my email to check my financial aid. When should I expect this email?

Can someone explain how the average indebtedness of students here is 250K? I understand that a few students get full rides but isn't the cost for OOS is 400K and around 300k for IS

Is anyone WLed on April 21 still waiting for a response? I have lost hope :(

Don’t lose hope, more people will give up their seats if the students have multiple A’s. The OOS price tags of 409K is too steep. For a note, I got off the WL from the 04/21 but will most likely give up my seat to attend a lower ranked school to save 250K

Don’t lose hope, more people will give up their seats if the students have multiple A’s. The OOS price tags of 409K is too steep. For a note, I got off the WL from the 04/21 but will most likely give up my seat to attend a lower ranked school to save 250

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know the deadline to narrow down to one school with the AAMC? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I feel like most people don’t have more than 3 acceptances so the PTE deadline probably didnt free up as many spots as people hoped.

Does anyone know the deadline to narrow down to one school with the AAMC? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I feel like most people don’t have more than 3 acceptances so the PTE deadline probably didnt free up as many spots as people hoped.
I think it’s different for each school. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. For one of the schools I’m accepted to then CTE deadline is June 15th

I think it’s different for each school. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. For one of the schools I’m accepted to then CTE deadline is June 15th
You're absolutely right. It's different for each school. For UIC it's 7/1.

Has anybody seen seen the actual, up to date, academic calendar? Either I'm going crazy or finding any information not related to admission is extremely hard.

There's this page: Information for Prospective and Current Students which under Calendars has a link "COM Academic Calendar" which points to a 404 page. In the tail end of 2021 it used to show a draft calendar: UICOM at Chicago Academic Calendar - Key Dates Through some google-fu I was able to find this page: Registration and Key Dates but it doesn't seem to be up to date and actually very similar (if not identical) to the archived copy from the dead link 😵‍💫

Has anybody seen seen the actual, up to date, academic calendar? Either I'm going crazy or finding any information not related to admission is extremely hard.

There's this page: Information for Prospective and Current Students which under Calendars has a link "COM Academic Calendar" which points to a 404 page. In the tail end of 2021 it used to show a draft calendar: UICOM at Chicago Academic Calendar - Key Dates Through some google-fu I was able to find this page: Registration and Key Dates but it doesn't seem to be up to date and actually very similar (if not identical) to the archived copy from the dead link 😵‍💫
Under the same tab, there's an M1 block calender link. I think maybe that's the one? I don't know if they updated this for 2022 or this is from last year.

Under the same tab, there's an M1 block calender link. I think maybe that's the one? I don't know if they updated this for 2022 or this is from last year.
It seems like everything is marked as draft and just copied from the previous year, so maybe it’s not finalized yet 🤔

I just got accepted off the waitlist from April 21. Thanks for all the support here, as this was my only acceptance for the cycle. I just wanted to give hope to anyone in a similar situation (Canadian applicant here).

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
For OOS fingerprinting, it says to also mail "the Fingerprinting Authorization Form (that
says University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago)" along with the application. I wasn't sure what they are referring to here. I haven't yet received a separate email about the criminal fingerprinting requirements. I was just checking the pre-matriculation general documents.

For OOS fingerprinting, it says to also mail "the Fingerprinting Authorization Form (that
says University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago)" along with the application. I wasn't sure what they are referring to here.
There was a form in one of the emails which you need to fill in with name, SSN and such. You can find and fill-in that form here (it’s linked from Accepted Students page).