2021-2022 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did y’all get told that you were on delayed decision? Because today was the first time I found out I was in that categorization haha
Yes, from a previous decision email

Members don't see this ad.

What's actually the difference at UICOM between DD and WL? Some internal ranking?

What's actually the difference at UICOM between DD and WL? Some internal ranking?

I think that DD is just a more ‘active’ WL throughout the year that depends on factors beyond an open spot, where as WL depends on people dropping their acceptance and is given once the class is full. I don’t think anyone got WL after interview, which supports this. But this is all just my own speculation.

On their website it says that everyone who was DD will be moved to the WL on May 1.

My guess is that was a rough date, and because this was their last meeting before then (and they have made their final decisions before that date) they just moved everyone who was DD->WL now.

So, maybe the class is full and they will just wait for movement these next few weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So there were no acceptances today ?

Does anyone have the waitlist movement stats? I know the high post II acceptance rate but what about after being put on waitlist?

Does anyone have the waitlist movement stats? I know the high post II acceptance rate but what about after being put on waitlist?
I think there is a doc online which said that they WLed about 50-70 last cycle but the acceptance part was empty so you couldn't calculate any percentage.

I think there is a doc online which said that they WLed about 50-70 last cycle but the acceptance part was empty so you couldn't calculate any percentage.
This is actually exactly what MSAR lists for UIC: 50-70 waitlisted students and "Not Provided" for number of offers from WL.

Edit: Also, adding to that, the last year's thread/data isn't probably useful as they actually oversubscribed the last year's class.

Reactions: 1 users

I can’t answer your question specifically, but I recently learned that post-II acceptance rate (everywhere) generally includes those that are WL before acceptance. So the “high” post-II acceptance rate includes those with an initial acceptance + those who come off the WL. Good luck!

• Wow
Anybody hear about scholarships today ? At the tour yesterday Dr.Amiri mentioned she was reaching out to students today with awards.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will there be any more scholarships after today? Or this is it?

From the past 2 cycles WL transfer has been practically non existent. For last year no one reported getting off the waitlist

From the past 2 cycles WL transfer has been practically non existent. For last year no one reported getting off the waitlist
Although a small sample size, I agree that it is unlikely as well. I have a feeling they ended up over-accepting again.

I wonder if they will meet more often from now on? I can't imagine sticking to once a month during this end of season time
ya hopefully. it’s just weird how some ppl got the wl email but some didn’t. i also believe someone said all campuses were at capacity earlier in the thread.

ya hopefully. it’s just weird how some ppl got the wl email but some didn’t. i also believe someone said all campuses were at capacity earlier in the thread.
Yeah, they did say that during 2nd look day but this isn't really a good predictor imho. At this point of the cycle spots are being reshuffled at all schools (which we can even see in this thread) as people withdraw. AAMC traffic rules mandate issuing acceptances for all spots by March 15, so the fact all campuses are full for some time already isn't concerning.
I think they are actually more conservative (in terms of delaying it) in WL movement this year due to oversubscription last year.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. So looking at 2021 acceptance rate, if we look at the in-state applicants section for example, UIC interviewed 468 applicants and gave out 351 acceptances, and 236 in-state applicants ended up matriculating. This means that out of the 351 acceptance offers, which obviously include initial offers + from waitlist, 115 applicants decided to withdraw.
On the other hand, out of 468 interviewed people, UIC gave out 351 acceptances, it means they denied some and waitlisted in total of 117 applicants which is almost the same as number of people who decided to withdraw after receiving an offer.
Considering having to make up the void spots from withdraws, and assuming that UIC probably over accepted, my math is that they must have over accepted about 60 and accepted another 60 who were waitlisted because they could’ve not over accepted more than the number of WL people. So the chances of people in WL being accepted is VERY likely?!?!
Am i just going crazy with all the numbers? Any opinions will be appreciated!

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. So looking at 2021 acceptance rate, if we look at the in-state applicants section for example, UIC interviewed 468 applicants and gave out 351 acceptances, and 236 in-state applicants ended up matriculating. This means that out of the 351 acceptance offers, which obviously include initial offers + from waitlist, 115 applicants decided to withdraw.
On the other hand, out of 468 interviewed people, UIC gave out 351 acceptances, it means they denied some and waitlisted in total of 117 applicants which is almost the same as number of people who decided to withdraw after receiving an offer.
Considering having to make up the void spots from withdraws, and assuming that UIC probably over accepted, my math is that they must have over accepted about 60 and accepted another 60 who were waitlisted because they could’ve not over accepted more than the number of WL people. So the chances of people in WL being accepted is VERY likely?!?!
Am i just going crazy with all the numbers? Any opinions will be appreciated!
I thought this over, and strictly hypothetically say that out of 468 people, 351 people were accepted AND 115 people withdrew while the rest (236) commit to enroll before May 1 or before anyone was ever notified they were on the waitlist. Now the remaining 117 people are waitlisted only per protocol or denied, and they consider the class full. So, as you can't determine if people were waitlisted before they were accepted, you can't accurately determine the chances after being waitlisted, and can only generalize based on the overall acceptance rate. That's my thought but maybe I'm wrong. Btw i'm still DD so I do wish that were true

I thought this over, and strictly hypothetically say that out of 468 people, 351 people were accepted AND 115 people withdrew while the rest (236) commit to enroll before May 1 or before anyone was ever notified they were on the waitlist. Now the remaining 117 people are waitlisted only per protocol or denied, and they consider the class full. So, as you can't determine if people were waitlisted before they were accepted, you can't accurately determine the chances after being waitlisted, and can only generalize based on the overall acceptance rate. That's my thought but maybe I'm wrong. Btw i'm still DD so I do wish that were true
It’s true we can’t determine if people were waitlisted before they were accepted, but I just thought if people haven’t started withdrawing the acceptances before May 1, sending out 351 acceptances (in state only) doesn’t sound right considering the class size they are aiming is ~300. They number they are over accepting leaving behind the WL people just seems insane to me.

Following this conversation on numbers on the waitlist - im also confused given that their Post II acceptance rate is ~80% (WL + Prior). Clearly there is no way to tell how many people they've let in yet, but just from this page it doesn't seem like 80% of people here that have interviewed are in, which means there has to be SOME movement right?

Following this conversation on numbers on the waitlist - im also confused given that their Post II acceptance rate is ~80% (WL + Prior). Clearly there is no way to tell how many people they've let in yet, but just from this page it doesn't seem like 80% of people here that have interviewed are in, which means there has to be SOME movement right?
I expect that OOS tuition combined with limited aid results in plenty of movement. Perhaps, they’re being more cautious this year since they accepted too many last. WL is a nice tool to air the side of caution.

• Care
What in the world does it mean if I haven’t heard anything since my interview in February ???

What in the world does it mean if I haven’t heard anything since my interview in February ???
You should check your CYMS option on AMCAS and see whether you were placed on the alternate list. If there is not anything then you should contact the school to see if they forgot about you

withdrew my A here today! Hope it goes to one of you 💗

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone guesstimate how many people left the accepted Facebook group or group me today?

when do we think the campus assignment switches will be announced? starting this week?

Does anyone have experience with requesting a deferral? If so, could you PM me please? Thanks in advance!

when do we think the campus assignment switches will be announced? starting this week?
So I think people get reassigned starting this week. Most likely, we'll start hearing back on Friday throughout the month of May. After reassignments are done, people from the waitlist are accepted. A friend of mine was reassigned two cycles ago and heard back the second to third week of May.

Last year, nobody was reassigned, but Dean Amiri said she didn't want that happening again and she's making an effort to try and get everyone accepted reassigned to their campus of choice. So there WILL be reassignments happening, but I don't know if everyone is going to get the choice that they want.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So I think people get reassigned starting this week. Most likely, we'll start hearing back on Friday throughout the month of May. After reassignments are done, people from the waitlist are accepted. A friend of mine was reassigned two cycles ago and heard back the second to third week of May.

Last year, nobody was reassigned, but Dean Amiri said she didn't want that happening again and she's making an effort to try and get everyone accepted reassigned to their campus of choice. So there WILL be reassignments happening, but I don't know if everyone is going to get the choice that they want.
So do you think WL movement will towards the end of May?

So do you think WL movement will towards the end of May?
Honestly idk. I think best thing to do is expect WL movement in early June. If it happens earlier it's a pleasant surprise 😅

anyone who was on DD never heard back and doesn't show they're on the alternate list? I also interviewed for a concentration program idk if there's a correlation