You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Loyola (Stritch)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! What a quick turnaround time, can I ask what day you interviewed? I also did in DecemberAlso got the call today and am super grateful!😭 OOS ORM, average stats, reapp, interviewed in December. The call was from a 708 number but not the admissions office number for anyone else who’s waiting
D
deleted1111835
Interviewed over three months ago no and still no decision has been given to me. This is so frustrating.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Didn't they say to call if it wasn't 6 weeks?Interviewed over three months ago no and still no decision has been given to me. This is so frustrating.
D
deleted1111835
lol i've called and each time they say "you'll hear something in a week or two." they've told me that three times 🙁Didn't they say to call if it wasn't 6 weeks?
That is frustrating im sorry - it IS a good sign you haven't been CC'ed yet- means youre probably in that need to discuss group. I was in that same group- interviewed October heard in January- and I got the acceptance.lol i've called and each time they say "you'll hear something in a week or two." they've told me that three times 🙁
CONGRATS too everyone im so excited and happy for y'all merry christmas and happy holidays! Early present.
D
deleted1111835
accepted interviewed 9/9 (like you guys didnt already know that hahahha)
Put on Continued Consideration this morning
When were you complete if you don’t mind sharing?
Interviewed on 11/02/21 complete late JulyWhen were you complete if you don’t mind sharing?
D
deleted1124197
Thank you so much! I just sent you a PM with more info🙂Congrats!! What a quick turnaround time, can I ask what day you interviewed? I also did in December
D
deleted1124197
Thank you❤️ I hope you hear good news soon🙂Interviewed in December! Wow! That's amazing. Congrats!
I interviewed in November and got placed on CC. Hoping I get taken off! Sent in updates.
Update: Anyone know if they take people off CC as the cycle goes on? Or if there's just a date or month they meet to look at the list?
@Talldoctor96
Does anyone know when Loyola SSOM's interview season runs to? Radio silence post-completion in early August, and am planning to submit an update letter once my transcript for this semester finalizes.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also been silence since early august, and did update sept 30. still nothing.Does anyone know when Loyola SSOM's interview season runs to? Radio silence post-completion in early August, and am planning to submit an update letter once my transcript for this semester finalizes.
Middle/ late FebDoes anyone know when Loyola SSOM's interview season runs to? Radio silence post-completion in early August, and am planning to submit an update letter once my transcript for this semester finalizes.
I’ve seen mention of this in the thread before but can anyone else chime in about the vibe and style of the interview? Of my interviews so far the ones I felt that I did best usually had a loose formal structure but had room to have conversation and ask specific question about my experiences (open file).
D
deleted1124197
I don’t think we’re allowed to say too much about interview content, but the style is a traditional one-on-one interview. One interview will be a partial file review, and the other will be a full file review (i.e. interviewer has access to your stats, etc.). I guess the vibe depends on who you get as your interviewers, but speaking from my own experience, the overall vibe was surprisingly relaxed and relatively low-stress for both. I also had time to ask questions with both interviewers. Hope this helps! Good luck to you🙂I’ve seen mention of this in the thread before but can anyone else chime in about the vibe and style of the interview? Of my interviews so far the ones I felt that I did best usually had a loose formal structure but had room to have conversation and ask specific question about my experiences (open file).
I appreciate the advice, thank you so much!I don’t think we’re allowed to say too much about interview content, but the style is a traditional one-on-one interview. One interview will be a partial file review, and the other will be a full file review (i.e. interviewer has access to your stats, etc.). I guess the vibe depends on who you get as your interviewers, but speaking from my own experience, the overall vibe was surprisingly relaxed and relatively low-stress for both. I also had time to ask questions with both interviewers. Hope this helps! Good luck to you🙂
Wow congrats! Mind sharing stats?Wow kind of unexpected for me, but just got an II right now!
Sure! ORM, 4.0 GPA, 504 MCATWow congrats! Mind sharing stats?
AssistantToTheRegManager
Full Member
Cancelled my II today. Good luck everyone and Merry Christmas! 🤍
Radio silence since early july, I submitted and still nothing. Should I upload a letter of interest or something?
In state btw.
In state btw.
Yes,
it’s winter break. I’m sure they’ll be back the 3rd. (Stop calling and emailing)Anyone know if the school is having a holiday break? Been trying to call since mid last week and always straight to voicemail. Have also emailed but have yet to hear back. 😭
On your main screen, after logging in, there is a box labeled "Something to update?" It has a link to upload things.Does Loyola accept update letters, I dont see a spot to upload them
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kardashians
New Member
Does Loyola send an acceptance package in the mail?
Yes? But I forget at which pointDoes Loyola send an acceptance package in the mail?
Does anyone know how to complete a background check for Loyola SSOM?
ice_cream_lover
Full Member
Has anyone filled out financial aid information for Loyola yet or received any instructions on how to do so? Thanks!
,
they will send it out in a couple months I believe I received mine on February 20th.Does anyone know how to complete a background check for Loyola SSOM?
Anyone know if the CC list/waitlist is ranked? If you are placed on it early in the cycle, does this theoretically confer any benefit? Thanks!
At most schools getting placed on a WL early just means that they haven't made a decision about you yet, and want to compare you to others who will be interviewed later.Anyone know if the CC list/waitlist is ranked? If you are placed on it early in the cycle, does this theoretically confer any benefit? Thanks!
Got the A. Interviewed on 12/2. OOS & URM.
Does anyone know if second look is virtual or in person?
Does anyone know if second look is virtual or in person?
Also got the A. Interviewed early December
Congratulations!! Did you just receive a phone call?Got the A. Interviewed on 12/2. OOS & URM.
Does anyone know if second look is virtual or in person?
Only got an email.Congratulations!! Did you just receive a phone call?
That has not been decided yet/will probably not be decided for a bit. CONGRATS! I recommend you come see it yourself. Its a beautiful campus and its nice to see if you'd like it or not.Got the A. Interviewed on 12/2. OOS & URM.
Does anyone know if second look is virtual or in person?
Do we think they are done with the calls for today? I interviewed mid December but am guessing I won’t hear today
I got my phone call at 6pm (2 years ago today). They give the calls to various people who do them at different times. Dont give up hope just yet.Do we think they are done with the calls for today? I interviewed mid December but am guessing I won’t hear today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many weeks they give to study for Step 1? Thanks!
adcomsplease
Full Member
Got the call this morning! Interviewed late Nov!
AgitatedSundae73
Full Member
II last night, IS. Wild surprise since my app has been complete since mid-July
depressedunicorn
Full Member
Husband and I both applied this cycle. He received II last night but I have yet to hear back. Anyone know if Loyola is good at considering couples? We have similar stats, he's ORM and I am URM. Just wondering! We already have a joint acceptance to another school together but it'd be nice to have more options. Thanks in advance!
adcomsplease
Full Member
Does anyone know how financial aid packages work here? Do we have to reach out post acceptance or do they reach out to applicants etc?