2021-2022 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an II! LM around 70 and WARS around 85. Complete mid-august and IS

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II! LM around 70 and WARS around 85. Complete mid-august and IS
+1, II today and I'm totally floored! Stats nowhere near that, OOS complete 09/06!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
anyone know when the next round of decisions will be released?

anyone know when the next round of decisions will be released?
Were approaching the dark period. I would imagine one more batch of decisions will be released but where in that weird like thanksgiving/christmas time frame.

I interviewed OCT 20th and heard back at the first meeting January 15th.

Executive committee may meet 1 more time, they may just take people off CC, they may not meet again until January.

Reactions: 1 users
For those who recently got IIs, I only saw one virtual date in January on the portal which I snagged, there was nothing earlier for anyone right?

For those who recently got IIs, I only saw one virtual date in January on the portal which I snagged, there was nothing earlier for anyone right?
When I recently rescheduled, December 7 was the last virtual date until January, so I guess that’s when they’ll break for the holidays.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Stritch has an internal ranking right, it's not true pass/fail? Does anyone know if they share that info with residencies or is it just used for like AOA?

Stritch has an internal ranking right, it's not true pass/fail? Does anyone know if they share that info with residencies or is it just used for like AOA?
Dirty little secret is that almost every med school in the country has some sort of internal ranking. And the reality is most schools keep it hush hush until you are actually in the school.

Your internal ranking will be in your deans letter.

The reality is the first two preclinical years account for like 20-30 percent of it. Its 3rd and 4th year that are worth 70-80 percent of it. So really your internal ranking is dictated by your performance in your 3rd and 4th clinical years. Internal ranking is not something we think about as students. Just gotta pass baby!

I personal view it as an advantage because it will look good in your deans letter if youre doing well especially for step 1 p/f.

TLDR: most schools have some sort of internal ranking, schools are usually very hush hush. its in your deans letter but mainly taken from clerkship years. Not something we really think about unless ur a gunner who wants AOA.

Dean on students talks every year how students get into high competitive specialties from the lowest rank.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if Loyola is prioritizing OOS applicants right now? I'm IS and haven't heard anything from Loyola yet. I submitted in July and just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same boat as me.

Does anyone know if Loyola is prioritizing OOS applicants right now? I'm IS and haven't heard anything from Loyola yet. I submitted in July and just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same boat as me.
I hope so it has been silence IS for me

Same situation here, submitted early July LM 70.

Anyone know when they'll start pulling from Continued Consideration? This is def my top choice

Well that’s a little reassuring to see there’s a few people in the same boat as me. Maybe there’s something to this observation. Either way best of luck everyone I hope we all get some love soon!

totally depends. could happen at christmas could happen in feb/march! depends on how many A have been sent out.
On a previous year's thread, you mentioned that Stritch accepts around 430 people out of 600-700 interviewed. Where did you get this stat from? Isn't that way more than the number of seats available?

On a previous year's thread, you mentioned that Stritch accepts around 430 people out of 600-700 interviewed. Where did you get this stat from? Isn't that way more than the number of seats available?
They told me that’s what they had done the year before. Every med school over accepts because people withdraw to go to other schools

They told me that’s what they had done the year before. Every med school over accepts because people withdraw to go to other schools
Sounds like just getting an interview here is the hard part and most people get accepted after unless they flunk it or never make it off the waitlist bc they interviewed too late.

Sounds like just getting an interview here is the hard part and most people get accepted after unless they flunk it or never make it off the waitlist bc they interviewed too late.
No that’s not true at all. Because u have to take into account those acceptances include people who got off continued consideration, and waitlist when it’s formed.

Sorry I’m don’t mean to be rude but that’s really not correct in anyway.

You don't not make it off a waitlist because you interview too late p sure. You may get less IIs if you submit your primary and secondaries too late but, if their post-II acceptance rate is 65ish%, an interview can't just be a formality where if you make it thru you get a guaranteed acceptance in chronological order of interview date. People get delayed acceptances even if they interviewed early in a cycle because they don't stand out of their fellow interviewees at first, but then become more attractive candidates as more people interview and possibly have a "stronger" holistic application than later interviewees.

You don't not make it off a waitlist because you interview too late p sure. You may get less IIs if you submit your primary and secondaries too late but, if their post-II acceptance rate is 65ish%, an interview can't just be a formality where if you make it thru you get a guaranteed acceptance in chronological order of interview date. People get delayed acceptances even if they interviewed early in a cycle because they don't stand out of their fellow interviewees at first, but then become more attractive candidates as more people interview and possibly have a "stronger" holistic application than later interviewees.
everything they said just was untrue. Its just not how our admissions process works.

everything they said just was untrue. Its just not how our admissions process works.
Do you know if they're reducing the number of interviews? MSAR said 584 last year which is substantially lower than in previous years of 650-700. Maybe this means the number of As are going down as well proportionally.

Do you know if they're reducing the number of interviews? MSAR said 584 last year which is substantially lower than in previous years of 650-700. Maybe this means the number of As are going down as well proportionally.
Thats not how it works, I would recommend you take your speculation to another thread. Thanks. Loyola typically accepts the same amount every year to fill the class. If they need to accept more they will, if they need to accept less they will. There are no over all trends. It depends on the candidates themselves.

Lets stop speculating.

Its this simple: if you get an interview, and we think you'll be a good fit for the school, you will get in.

Sounds like just getting an interview here is the hard part and most people get accepted after unless they flunk it or never make it off the waitlist bc they interviewed too late
This is kind of an inconsiderate statement to people who are on the CC list or have gotten rejected. We really don’t know how the admissions process works at any school. Every body is on their own path and it’s a sensitive time for a lot of people so let’s keep the conversation respectful.

do we think it's another decision day? last one was 11/20 and another 11/11 before then. 9/9 interviewee here lol

do we think it's another decision day? last one was 11/20 and another 11/11 before then. 9/9 interviewee here lol
Pretty sure they meet 2nd and 4th mondays then let ppl know the Tuesday after so next decision may be Dec 14th

Reactions: 1 users
For those who interviewed here already, did you fill out the check in form from the portal before you got there? Or is this something they want you to do there with them?

For those who interviewed here already, did you fill out the check in form from the portal before you got there? Or is this something they want you to do there with them?
We did it on interview day. They had a few minutes set to the side for it

Theres a good chance executive committee may not meet again until January- just FYI.
Pretty sure they meet 2nd and 4th mondays then let ppl know the Tuesday after so next decision may be Dec 14th

Would it be extra to do it before? Lol and how many people were there on your interview day?
I would just wait. They specifically had us all do it together on zoom. Idt doing it early will do you any favors. And sorry, I have no idea how many were there but I want to say it was a small group. Maybe 18-20

For in-person interviewees, did y’all have any issues getting to the airport after the day ends? I don’t know if I should try to reserve an Uber now or if I should just go for it day-of

For in-person interviewees, did y’all have any issues getting to the airport after the day ends? I don’t know if I should try to reserve an Uber now or if I should just go for it day-of
There were plenty around to call. Some of us even shared one back to the airport to save a few $$

Plenty of Ubers in the area. You can even schedule one day of for when you want to be picked up. Do recommend sharing if possible. When they know you're going to the airport the price gets kinda high

Plenty of Ubers in the area. You can even schedule one day of for when you want to be picked up. Do recommend sharing if possible. When they know you're going to the airport the price gets kinda high
I was thinking about reserving one but wasn’t entirely sure if it would be an issue if my timing was a little off. thank you so much!

Just got the call for acceptance! Couldn't be happier! Interviewed 11/2

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just got the call at 6pm ET😭😭 interviewed 10/26. Still shaking!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got the call 2 minutes ago. Saw Maywood, IL and thought it was a bill collector (used to live there) lol. Answered anyway and could only exhale out a shocked "oohhh" as the dean laughed. So grateful for this one!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users