You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Loyola (Stritch)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats when is your interview?!Just got an II! LM around 70 and WARS around 85. Complete mid-august and IS
They had openings in early and mid Jan!Congrats when is your interview?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1, II today and I'm totally floored! Stats nowhere near that, OOS complete 09/06!Just got an II! LM around 70 and WARS around 85. Complete mid-august and IS
mind sharing stats?+1, II today and I'm totally floored! Stats nowhere near that, OOS complete 09/06!
3.4X, 50X but 4.0 Post Bacc. I’m a non-trad and graduated 5 years ago. Sorry I can’t be more specific!mind sharing stats?
Nope! Sorry for the late replyWere you put on continued consideration before your acceptance?
anonymous tea
New Member
Does this school use NBME or in-house exams?
in-house.Does this school use NBME or in-house exams?
D
deleted1111835
anyone know when the next round of decisions will be released?
Were approaching the dark period. I would imagine one more batch of decisions will be released but where in that weird like thanksgiving/christmas time frame.anyone know when the next round of decisions will be released?
I interviewed OCT 20th and heard back at the first meeting January 15th.
Executive committee may meet 1 more time, they may just take people off CC, they may not meet again until January.
downwardbound26
Full Member
When I recently rescheduled, December 7 was the last virtual date until January, so I guess that’s when they’ll break for the holidays.For those who recently got IIs, I only saw one virtual date in January on the portal which I snagged, there was nothing earlier for anyone right?
Stritch has an internal ranking right, it's not true pass/fail? Does anyone know if they share that info with residencies or is it just used for like AOA?
Dirty little secret is that almost every med school in the country has some sort of internal ranking. And the reality is most schools keep it hush hush until you are actually in the school.Stritch has an internal ranking right, it's not true pass/fail? Does anyone know if they share that info with residencies or is it just used for like AOA?
Your internal ranking will be in your deans letter.
The reality is the first two preclinical years account for like 20-30 percent of it. Its 3rd and 4th year that are worth 70-80 percent of it. So really your internal ranking is dictated by your performance in your 3rd and 4th clinical years. Internal ranking is not something we think about as students. Just gotta pass baby!
I personal view it as an advantage because it will look good in your deans letter if youre doing well especially for step 1 p/f.
TLDR: most schools have some sort of internal ranking, schools are usually very hush hush. its in your deans letter but mainly taken from clerkship years. Not something we really think about unless ur a gunner who wants AOA.
Dean on students talks every year how students get into high competitive specialties from the lowest rank.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if Loyola is prioritizing OOS applicants right now? I'm IS and haven't heard anything from Loyola yet. I submitted in July and just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same boat as me.
I hope so it has been silence IS for meDoes anyone know if Loyola is prioritizing OOS applicants right now? I'm IS and haven't heard anything from Loyola yet. I submitted in July and just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same boat as me.
Same situation here, submitted early July LM 70.Does anyone know if Loyola is prioritizing OOS applicants right now? I'm IS and haven't heard anything from Loyola yet. I submitted in July and just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same boat as me.
Anyone know when they'll start pulling from Continued Consideration? This is def my top choice
Well that’s a little reassuring to see there’s a few people in the same boat as me. Maybe there’s something to this observation. Either way best of luck everyone I hope we all get some love soon!
totally depends. could happen at christmas could happen in feb/march! depends on how many A have been sent out.Anyone know when they'll start pulling from Continued Consideration? This is def my top choice
It's one of the statuses applicants get placed on post-interview. Either A, CC, or R :/ But apparently CC isn't a bad place to be and they pull a lot of people from it.What is continued consideration?
On a previous year's thread, you mentioned that Stritch accepts around 430 people out of 600-700 interviewed. Where did you get this stat from? Isn't that way more than the number of seats available?totally depends. could happen at christmas could happen in feb/march! depends on how many A have been sent out.
They told me that’s what they had done the year before. Every med school over accepts because people withdraw to go to other schoolsOn a previous year's thread, you mentioned that Stritch accepts around 430 people out of 600-700 interviewed. Where did you get this stat from? Isn't that way more than the number of seats available?
Sounds like just getting an interview here is the hard part and most people get accepted after unless they flunk it or never make it off the waitlist bc they interviewed too late.They told me that’s what they had done the year before. Every med school over accepts because people withdraw to go to other schools
No that’s not true at all. Because u have to take into account those acceptances include people who got off continued consideration, and waitlist when it’s formed.Sounds like just getting an interview here is the hard part and most people get accepted after unless they flunk it or never make it off the waitlist bc they interviewed too late.
Sorry I’m don’t mean to be rude but that’s really not correct in anyway.
You don't not make it off a waitlist because you interview too late p sure. You may get less IIs if you submit your primary and secondaries too late but, if their post-II acceptance rate is 65ish%, an interview can't just be a formality where if you make it thru you get a guaranteed acceptance in chronological order of interview date. People get delayed acceptances even if they interviewed early in a cycle because they don't stand out of their fellow interviewees at first, but then become more attractive candidates as more people interview and possibly have a "stronger" holistic application than later interviewees.Sounds like just getting an interview here is the hard part and most people get accepted after unless they flunk it or never make it off the waitlist bc they interviewed too late.
everything they said just was untrue. Its just not how our admissions process works.You don't not make it off a waitlist because you interview too late p sure. You may get less IIs if you submit your primary and secondaries too late but, if their post-II acceptance rate is 65ish%, an interview can't just be a formality where if you make it thru you get a guaranteed acceptance in chronological order of interview date. People get delayed acceptances even if they interviewed early in a cycle because they don't stand out of their fellow interviewees at first, but then become more attractive candidates as more people interview and possibly have a "stronger" holistic application than later interviewees.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know if they're reducing the number of interviews? MSAR said 584 last year which is substantially lower than in previous years of 650-700. Maybe this means the number of As are going down as well proportionally.everything they said just was untrue. Its just not how our admissions process works.
Thats not how it works, I would recommend you take your speculation to another thread. Thanks. Loyola typically accepts the same amount every year to fill the class. If they need to accept more they will, if they need to accept less they will. There are no over all trends. It depends on the candidates themselves.Do you know if they're reducing the number of interviews? MSAR said 584 last year which is substantially lower than in previous years of 650-700. Maybe this means the number of As are going down as well proportionally.
Lets stop speculating.
Its this simple: if you get an interview, and we think you'll be a good fit for the school, you will get in.
This is kind of an inconsiderate statement to people who are on the CC list or have gotten rejected. We really don’t know how the admissions process works at any school. Every body is on their own path and it’s a sensitive time for a lot of people so let’s keep the conversation respectful.Sounds like just getting an interview here is the hard part and most people get accepted after unless they flunk it or never make it off the waitlist bc they interviewed too late
D
deleted1111835
do we think it's another decision day? last one was 11/20 and another 11/11 before then. 9/9 interviewee here lol
Pretty sure they meet 2nd and 4th mondays then let ppl know the Tuesday after so next decision may be Dec 14thdo we think it's another decision day? last one was 11/20 and another 11/11 before then. 9/9 interviewee here lol
For those who interviewed here already, did you fill out the check in form from the portal before you got there? Or is this something they want you to do there with them?
We did it on interview day. They had a few minutes set to the side for itFor those who interviewed here already, did you fill out the check in form from the portal before you got there? Or is this something they want you to do there with them?
Would it be extra to do it before? Lol and how many people were there on your interview day?We did it on interview day. They had a few minutes set to the side for it
Theres a good chance executive committee may not meet again until January- just FYI.
Pretty sure they meet 2nd and 4th mondays then let ppl know the Tuesday after so next decision may be Dec 14th
I would just wait. They specifically had us all do it together on zoom. Idt doing it early will do you any favors. And sorry, I have no idea how many were there but I want to say it was a small group. Maybe 18-20Would it be extra to do it before? Lol and how many people were there on your interview day?
Mine had 12 people total. in-person is quite small. on zoom probably more.Would it be extra to do it before? Lol and how many people were there on your interview day?
medschoolappx102
Full Member
For in-person interviewees, did y’all have any issues getting to the airport after the day ends? I don’t know if I should try to reserve an Uber now or if I should just go for it day-of
There were plenty around to call. Some of us even shared one back to the airport to save a few $$For in-person interviewees, did y’all have any issues getting to the airport after the day ends? I don’t know if I should try to reserve an Uber now or if I should just go for it day-of
Plenty of Ubers in the area. You can even schedule one day of for when you want to be picked up. Do recommend sharing if possible. When they know you're going to the airport the price gets kinda highFor in-person interviewees, did y’all have any issues getting to the airport after the day ends? I don’t know if I should try to reserve an Uber now or if I should just go for it day-of
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medschoolappx102
Full Member
sweet, thank you!There were plenty around to call. Some of us even shared one back to the airport to save a few $$
medschoolappx102
Full Member
I was thinking about reserving one but wasn’t entirely sure if it would be an issue if my timing was a little off. thank you so much!Plenty of Ubers in the area. You can even schedule one day of for when you want to be picked up. Do recommend sharing if possible. When they know you're going to the airport the price gets kinda high
loosecriminal
Full Member
Just got the call at 6pm ET😭😭 interviewed 10/26. Still shaking!!