2021-2022 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have any updates? Do you think they finished all their calls today? I wonder if they will continue Monday or if they will continue calls on Monday.

Assuming alphabetical order and in order of interview, I don't think ill get a call. My last name starts with an A and I interviewed in August.

I want to wish everyone here good luck getting into your dream school! I hope people are not too stressed out by this process. It's so difficult to get into medical school, and we should be proud to have gotten this far.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have any updates? Do you think they finished all their calls today? I wonder if they will continue Monday or if they will continue calls on Monday.

Assuming alphabetical order and in order of interview, I don't think ill get a call. My last name starts with an A and I interviewed in August.

I want to wish everyone here good luck getting into your dream school! I hope people are not too stressed out by this process. It's so difficult to get into medical school, and we should be proud to have gotten this far.
In the same boat with you my friend! I think they update portals on Monday. So if we don't receive a call until then, our status will likely be updated there. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Continued Consideration just now. My top choice school so I plan on advocating for myself throughout the cycle. Congrats to everyone accepted today!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users

From what they told us during my interview, they usually review applications on the 2nd and 4th Monday of every month and make calls the following Tuesdays

Reactions: 1 user
What do you mean by that? Like it just changed so you don't think you are a part of the initial acceptance group? Also how do you plan on advocating for yourself? submitting app updates?
No, I was sent an email and received a portal update. Advocating through updates & letter of intent.

Congrats to everyone that’s accepted!! I still remember my phone call fondly :) cherish the memory!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone that’s accepted!! I still remember my phone call fondly :) cherish the memory!
I applied the same cycle you did and still remember you from the thread, unfortunately that time I didn't get in so here's hoping this cycle I get an interview at least!

Do you think they’re almost done with giving interviews here? How far out do they schedule?
Not even remotely close! Loyola likes to schedule out like 3-4 weeks in advance and we interview through feb

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who has already interviewed, how was your experience? Were the interviews more conversational or very question-heavy?

For anyone who has already interviewed, how was your experience? Were the interviews more conversational or very question-heavy?
Very conversational! Actually, in one of my interviews, we barely talked about medicine at all. Interview day was actually fun and very low stress.

Very conversational! Actually, in one of my interviews, we barely talked about medicine at all. Interview day was actually fun and very low stress.
I'm glad to hear that! Thank you for sharing your experience :)

• Care
I had both! One of my interviews was very question-heavy and included some “curveball”questions

my app is still on "thank you for scheduling your interview," despite having interviewed 9/9 :( I contacted them about it already and no change. hoping I'm not reading into this

• Care
my app is still on "thank you for scheduling your interview," despite having interviewed 9/9 :( I contacted them about it already and no change. hoping I'm not reading into this
You're totally fine! Maybe the committee hasn't met yet or they have, and your portal just hasn't updated. Don't read into it too much

II just now!!! IS ORM, Jesuit school for undergrad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II just now. OOS. Not sure if this has been said already, but how do I schedule lol.

• Love
II just now. OOS. Not sure if this has been said already, but how do I schedule lol.
Login to your portal and there's a tab on the left side of the screen that says interview scheduling

Login to your portal and there's a tab on the left side of the screen that says interview scheduling
My issue was that it said prerequisite completion acknowledgement first. So I had to check that. but thank you!

II today. IS. Complete 08/25

• Love
  • Care
I did not receive a continued consideration or acceptance call... anyone know what boat I'm in? I am thinking likely continued consideration but they just need to update my portaL?

I did my interview in August.

Good luck to everyone this cycle <3

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Are there any current students who would be willing to chat? I have some questions

Aww I'm sorry to hear that you had a question-heavy interview. I hope it went well!
No worries! It was still a great interview experience and I got an A :) One of them was more conversational, so I wasn't really able to highlight some key things from my application, so I actually liked how my other one was more question-heavy

No worries! It was still a great interview experience and I got an A :) One of them was more conversational, so I wasn't really able to highlight some key things from my application, so I actually liked how my other one was more question-heavy
Congratulations! Glad to hear that it went super well!

Has anybody got their portals updated for continued consideration yet?

I will be interviewing next week as an OOS applicant and am curious to know about what to expect from those who have already interviewed. Since they are two 45 min interviews, do they ask more traditional II questions/school-based q's?

Thanks!

I will be interviewing next week as an OOS applicant and am curious to know about what to expect from those who have already interviewed. Since they are two 45 min interviews, do they ask more traditional II questions/school-based q's?

Thanks!
Very chill and conversational. However still prepare as much as you can because you don’t want to get a hard question and not do you best. I say prepare like it’s gonna be hard but just go in there being your self.

Interviewing in two weeks! Maybe some current students could help with this question - does anyone have some good insights into the Jesuit tradition specifically for the Jesuit medical schools? I feel like their website mentions "Jesuit Tradition" a lot, but then follows with a generic definition. Don't want to go in unprepared on that front! Thanks!

Interviewing in two weeks! Maybe some current students could help with this question - does anyone have some good insights into the Jesuit tradition specifically for the Jesuit medical schools? I feel like their website mentions "Jesuit Tradition" a lot, but then follows with a generic definition. Don't want to go in unprepared on that front! Thanks!
Fellow applicant here but raised catholic and attended a Jesuit middle school:
at a very high level, Jesuit gets at the idea of commitment— particularly, a commitment to others to practice whole (hence holistic admissions probably) and just care irregardless of who patients appear to be or what they have and do not have

does anyone know if there are first look/second look days or virtual events for accepted students to visit the campus?

Got the call this morning!

Good luck to everyone going through this process. I know how stressful it is. I spent the last few days going a little crazy. My recommendation is to avoid looking at this forum as much as I did and trust that good things will come <3

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Got the call this morning!

Good luck to everyone going through this process. I know how stressful it is. I spent the last few days going a little crazy. My recommendation is to avoid looking at this forum as much as I did and trust that good things will come <3
awesome!!! congrats :) still hoping for a call. portal isn't updated still :/

II received, OOS! looking for some advice: has anyone on here picked the in-person interview over the virtual? trying to decide if I want to go in-person, though the only available date is a month later than the virtual dates.

• Love
II received, OOS! looking for some advice: has anyone on here picked the in-person interview over the virtual? trying to decide if I want to go in-person, though the only available date is a month later than the virtual dates.
What dates are available for you?

I did the opposite, picked the online interview over in-person. Remember that it is rolling admission, and you can always see the school on second look day :)

I did the opposite, picked the online interview over in-person. Remember that it is rolling admission, and you can always see the school on second look day :)
true!! I think because this is my first MD II I’m getting excited about the actually possibility of seeing a school in-person rather than over zoom like with the other interviews I’ve had - this is a good point, though

congrats! mind sharing stats?