2022-2023 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have any update for when we should expect to hear about financial aid, loans, start date, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone add me to the groupme, as well or send me the link? I was accepted back in October and didn't think to look on sdn for info lol.

Last edited:
Can someone add me to the groupme, as well or send me the link? I was accepted back in October and didn't think to look on sdn for info lol.
If someone hasn't sent you a PM already, I can.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard about financial aid/know when we will hear by?
Going through this, the groupme, and their website it seems to reason that financial aid already went out. However, if someone with aid withdraws they will redistribute to another person. Someone suggested the redistribution might be in May after more movement happens.

Reactions: 1 users
Going through this, the groupme, and their website it seems to reason that financial aid already went out. However, if someone with aid withdraws they will redistribute to another person. Someone suggested the redistribution might be in May after more movement happens.
I think that Harrison scholarships have gone out, but not the regular financial aid packages.

If you get accepted off of the waitlist, do they honor your choice of campus or do you just get placed where ever?

If you got a campus you weren't hoping for, does anyone know if you could swap with another student or transfer after a year?

If you got a campus you weren't hoping for, does anyone know if you could swap with another student or transfer after a year?
you would have to find someone to switch or ask them to be put on the waitlist. they have different curriculums so i don’t think you could transfer after a year

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the date is when we have to narrow down our acceptances down to 1?

It is this weekend. On May 1st (normally April 30th, but "If a date falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day applies"), the AMCAS commit to enroll option will be available, schools will be able to see students plan to enroll/commit to enroll selection, and students must plan to enroll at one school, withdrawing other acceptances but being able to remain on waitlists. You can swap your plan to enroll if you get off a waitlist. Once you commit to enroll however, you are committed and must notify all other schools withdrawing from waitlists. This lasts until the commit to enroll deadlines for each school you are accepted to. MCG has a commit deadline of July 5th (or May 16th if you are doing pre-matriculation). Basically if you plan to enroll at MCG (or a waitlist school and MCG is your backup), you withdraw other acceptances on or before May 1st and can wait on waitlists until July 4th.

Do you guys think we’ll hear soemthing starting tomorrow?

I just got an acceptance. Can I also get a link to groupme?

Got the A off the waitlist on 5/1. Does anyone have the accepted student GroupMe by any chance?

Any additional acceptances off of the waitlist so far? Anybody know the acceptance rate of waitlisted applicants at MCG? Does anyone know when, historically, people have heard back from the waitlist?

Last year As from the WL were released all through May! And even some in June. Manifesting As for all of us

Hello I was accepted on 11/18 and just learned about the groupme. Could someone send me the link? Thank you!

Last year As from the WL were released all through May! And even some in June. Manifesting As for all of us
I heard of people not getting off of MCG's waitlist until 2 weeks before classes start and getting a random assignment between Athens and Augusta, which stresses me out.

I'm thinking of preparing to reapply for medical school this month for the next cycle due to getting waitlisted at all my interviewed schools.

Hello, I just received the A off the waitlist today (5/3). Could I also get the Group Me link? Thank You!

Got the A of the WL today at 10:08 am! I would appreciate the GroupMe link!

Got an A at 10:01 this morning!! I'm still stunned but so incredibly happy! It feels like the past four years of late nights and early mornings are finally paying off. To those still waiting- don't give up! A's go out through June and into July. You've all worked so hard and it shows, so don't discount yourself. If MCG didn't want you, you wouldn't be on the waitlist- it's just a numbers game. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I also got off the WL this morning. Can someone please send me the GroupMe link? Thank you!

Can someone add me to the groupchat as well please?

Congrats to everyone, I hope I hear something soon too 🤞🏽

Also those getting off the waitlist, do you mind sharing when you interviewed?

Last edited:
Do you think interview date is correlated with waitlist acceptance? I have a friend who did early decision (so August interview), was deferred to regular decision in September, waitlisted in February, and is still waiting. Not sure how much how they should have.

If we were accepted this morning, do we have to select plan to enroll or commit to enroll? I know the commit to enroll deadline is July 5, but the packet does not mention anything about plan to enroll.

Accepted this morning! I was an early decision interviewee (August) if that is helpful. If someone could add me to the group or send me the details, I would appreciate it.

Also, how often did y'all make update letters/letters of interest to MCG leading up to the waitlist period?

Did any of y'all make letters of intent?

I
Do you think interview date is correlated with waitlist acceptance? I have a friend who did early decision (so August interview), was deferred to regular decision in September, waitlisted in February, and is still waiting. Not sure how much how they should have.
I don't think so because I'm a November interviewer, and I saw some guys here who interviewed later than I did get off the WL.

I got accepted off the waitlist this morning! I interviewed mid-october for those asking. Would someone please share the group chat with me? Thanks!

I sent you a dm. I think I sent it to everyone who asked. Lmk if you got missed.