2022-2023 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the A at 11:40!!!!!! interviewed at 1/10. ALSO MY FIRST A!!!

Is there a groupme out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to everyone accepted today :D. And to everyone still waiting, don't give up hope.. it's not over til it's over! Also, feel free to pm me about the accepted groupme link if you need it..

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations everyone! Live that dream and be a doctor!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all the A’s today!! Could somebody send me the group me? Accepted back on 12/16

Reactions: 1 user
Do acceptances just come all at 11:40am or they are likely to continue rolling out throughout the afternoon until 5pm?

Dang, it's looking like I won't get an A from MCG this cycle. I'm not optimistic about WL movement either if placed there. MCG is one of my only 2 MD IIs I got this cycle.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Dang, it's looking like I won't get an A from MCG this cycle. I'm not optimistic about WL movement either if placed there. MCG is one of my only 2 MD IIs I got this cycle.
I’m in the exact same boat as you. I am already prepping for a gap year but still optimistic if waitlisted at both my II schools. Hopefully one of the schools pull through for us!

I’m in the exact same boat as you. I am already prepping for a gap year but still optimistic if waitlisted at both my II schools. Hopefully one of the schools pull through for us!
I hope so, but I'm just feeling bleak. It's a coin toss now if I get into any MD schools this cycle.

Got accepted at 11:40! Interviewed 9/12!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A today also at 11:40. Can some DM the GroupMe link as well?

Hey everyone can I get the GroupMe link too?

A today at 11:40! To everyone who didn't get an email today, it's not over until it's over.

Reactions: 2 users
A yesterday at 11:40!
Can someone please send me the groupMe link?

Accepted yesterday at 11:40 am! Good luck to everyone else still waiting!! It's certainly hard not to have expectations, but you've all worked hard, and all you can do is hope for the best!

Can someone please send me the GroupMe link? Thank you!!

Accepted recently! Could someone please send me the GroupMe link as well? Thanks so much!!

Got accepted on Friday! Could Someone please send me the GroupMe link also?

How certain is it looking, that I get WL or R from MCG, if I didn't get an acceptance last Friday? Because I'm considering writing a letter of intent to the other school that I II'ed at, if my chances with MCG are looking dead. Or would a better move be to write a letter of interest to MCG if they WL me? Or both?

Last edited:
How certain is it looking, that I get WL or R from MCG, if I didn't get an acceptance last Friday? Because I'm considering writing a letter of intent to the other school that I II'ed at, if my chances with MCG are looking dead. Or would a better move be to write a letter of interest to MCG if they WL me? Or both?
why aren’t you hopeful for the WL movement? And def only send loi to one.

why aren’t you hopeful for the WL movement? And def only send loi to one.
I'm not counting on getting off the WL anytime soon if they place me there. I hear WLs last until July at a lot of schools and by that point, it's already 2 months into the next app cycle, and that's when I gotta focus on reapplying.

Hello! I was accepted back in December, could someone send me the GroupMe link? Thanks!

I got on the waitlist for MCG just now. They call it the "alternate list", which I think is the WL. Let's see how this goes🤞🤞, still keeping my hopes up for MCG.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Quick question about the wait-list/alternate list at MCG, if I choose to be a part of the WL and if I get accepted out of the WL, am I contractually bound to enroll at MCG or will I still have a say in whether I want to take or decline the acceptance out of WL?

I got on the waitlist for MCG just now. They call it the "alternate list", which I think is the WL. Let's see how this goes🤞🤞, still keeping my hopes up for MCG.
Yay me too, I’ll take any hope I can get 🤞

Do you guys remember when the waitlist movement starts?

Did anyone else get the email about the visit day being full?? How are you gonna have a visit day for students but cap it at HALF of your expected class size...I don't know if I would blindly move to Augusta without being able to properly see the area/facilities in person :(

• Hmm
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else get the email about the visit day being full?? How are you gonna have a visit day for students but cap it at HALF of your expected class size...I don't know if I would blindly move to Augusta without being able to properly see the area/facilities in person :(

How can they want a commitment without being able to see it? That's sketchy af.
I also just saw a name and shame on a premed reddit post where someone was calling out MCG for being shady in its dealings with students. This is getting ridiculous.

Reactions: 6 users
Yep and it filled up in a single day. They should offer multiple days or something because I don’t want to commit anywhere before seeing it in person

Got placed on alternate list. How many people are put on this list? And what % get admission?

How can they want a commitment without being able to see it? That's sketchy af.
I also just saw a name and shame on a premed reddit post where someone was calling out MCG for being shady in its dealings with students. This is getting ridiculous.
Do you have a link to this reddit post? I'm curious to read it.

The email says to select “yes” or “no” as to whether Id like to be on the alternate list or not. However when I log in to do so, i don’t have that option & it just says “You have been selected to serve on the alternate list for the 2023 entering class…”. Is that the case for everyone or do i need to call to confirm?

did anyone get an R? or not hear anything yet? i got waitlisted yesterday as well

The email says to select “yes” or “no” as to whether Id like to be on the alternate list or not. However when I log in to do so, i don’t have that option & it just says “You have been selected to serve on the alternate list for the 2023 entering class…”. Is that the case for everyone or do i need to call to confirm?
That message appears when you click on the Alternate List tab. Then you have to click on the Alternate Response tab under Alternate List

got the waitlist 02/14 in the morning - does anyone know approximately how many people get waitlisted and how many get accepted off?

got the waitlist 02/14 in the morning - does anyone know approximately how many people get waitlisted and how many get accepted off?
MCG does not release those numbers as far as I know. I can give some historic approximate data though from past cycles. Now you have to take these numbers with a grain of salt under the knowledge that not everyone who applies to MCG is active on this forum. However, if we assume it to be a reasonable sample (possible faulty assumption) then we can look at ratios.

In the 2022 Cycle, 35 (+/- 6) people mentioned getting accepted during the regular decision releases from Oct-Feb. 1 person said they were accepted ED (though we know from MSAR that the real number was 16 ED acceptances). 15 (+/- 6) people said they were accepted off the waitlist. The +/- 6 comes from people who said they were accepted later in the cycle but it was unclear whether from waitlist or they had been accepted earlier and just wanted the group chat after finding the forum. With that in mind (and assuming approximate proportions of SDN users), we can say that a significant chunk (it would be unreasonable to assume almost 50% like these possibly misrepresented samples indicate, but it is encouraging) of the class is accepted off of the waitlist.

This significant chunk makes sense because MCG is a lower-ranked/rural or primary care-focused medical school with a sometimes questionable reputation online. That makes it historically less popular with premeds. Applicants with multiple acceptances are likely to choose other schools. Thus to protect their yield and ranking numbers (which are affected by how many students with acceptances actually chose to matriculate), MCG does not overextend acceptances, but uses the waitlist for a chunk of the class. In the end, we really have no clue but there is reason for you to have good hope. I'd love to hear if anyone has special connections and can get actual numbers.

Reactions: 5 users
Idk numbers but I think a lot of the movement happens at the beginning of May once people have to commit to one school.