2021-2022 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received just now! OOS but have pretty strong ties to Michigan. DM me for stats but my LM is 69

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any Canadian IIs? I was complete 7/22 with a LizzyM of 75. Worried that this is bad news for me :(

Reactions: 1 user
I got an II but there are only 2 dates available... do you think more options will appear if I wait a couple of days?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your stats? Also what do you think this means for us 😭
514/3.8

it probably doesnt mean anything really... schools sent out IIs in an unknown order. we do have to be patient. I know many Canadians last year didnt get a first round II but still got it in Oct./Nov.

Reactions: 2 users
II earlier this afternoon!!! IS and MSU Alum!!! complete 7/27 :)

Reactions: 5 users
Why are there no dates available in October :cryi:

Wow! II just now. First of the season (was getting worried lol). OOS. LizzyM score 68.3. Good luck to the rest of you out there waiting :)

Reactions: 3 users
ii received but a bit confused of why the only dates available are the last remaining weeks of september 0.0

Reactions: 3 users
Oh wow I guess the IIs arent dependant on complete dates. They seem to be going in random order. Also weird that u guys have diff date options?

Oh wow I guess the IIs arent dependant on complete dates. They seem to be going in random order. Also weird that u guys have diff date options?
Every school has their own way of sorting and reviewing applicants

@ the Canadian applicants - The CA folks had to a wait a little while last year, too. Don't worry too much. Your II's are coming later.

The different dates may have to do with the faculty availability who are selected to do your interview. Just roll with it! My interview here was with one of the most amazing people I've ever met and I know they were not selected to be my interviewer by random chance or accident.
Of course if you're having schedule conflicts I would reach out and see if anyone can help you get something scheduled.

Congrats everyone!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I just barely found out that the school requires casper but I received a complete email on 8/22. I sent my score anyways. Hopefully it doesn’t delay my application too much.

I just barely found out that the school requires casper but I received a complete email on 8/22. I sent my score anyways. Hopefully it doesn’t delay my application too much.
Wait where did you find that they require casper?? I never submitted a score for that but my application is complete?

Wait where did you find that they require casper?? I never submitted a score for that but my application is complete?
It’s on their website. They definitely require Casper.
Edit: Technically you only need to submit it if you are invited to interview, but either way it’s necessary for matriculation

II earlier this week, IS, LizzyM 69, was wondering if anybody has tips or advice for interview prep? I would really appreciate it!

II earlier this week, IS, LizzyM 69, was wondering if anybody has tips or advice for interview prep? I would really appreciate it!
If the interview is like last year, just be yourself and be ready to answer the question "tell me about yourself/why you want to go into medicine". From there, the interviewer will direct all the questions, so just know points on your application that you'd like to bring up. It's closed file, so don't sell yourself short!

Your link is correct. The #5 post is incorrect.
I corrected the prompts to this year's and posted them in the first post on this thread for those adding MSUCOM to their school list.
Sorry for the confusion.

Earlier posters were trying to be helpful by sharing what the essay questions were last year, but even if you are trying to "prewrite" it's always good to wait to see the official questions from the school when they have started sending secondaries.
In this case, we can see that the questions changed substantially since last year.

This is just me being impatient and neurotic, but how long after the interview do you believe we should expect to hear back? The director of admissions said they try to turn around within 4 weeks- do you believe that's around when we'll hear back or do you believe that means at most you won't hear for 4 weeks? Thanks in advance!