2022-2023 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here is what the AACOMAS traffic guidelines say. Direct quote from their page.

Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges are asked to report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both. After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited, and the seat may be given to another candidate. Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one COM to avoid having positions withdrawn.

That being said, if you have acceptances from schools you know you definitely won’t go to or if you have a top two that you’re choosing between, I’d say it’s probably best to drop those As sooner rather than later.
Okay awesome! I saw online that there’s the May 15th deadline but wanted to double check! Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my acceptance here to go to a school OOS.

Reactions: 5 users
congratulations on getting off the waitlist! To whomever got off, would you be kind enough to share your stats?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When is the last date to get off the WL? And does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
@OffTheLand and @bkw and others following the Texas House and Senate appropriations bill, it looks like the Governor signed it on May 19th 2023. Thanks to @DoctingDoc for finding this updated action on this funding bill.
SB1563 | Texas 2023-2024 | Relating to the eligibility of Sam Houston State University to receive formula funding for the Sam Houston State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. | TrackBill

SHSU website of course hasn't had time to update yet from the previous tuition numbers, but this is definitely good news for future matriculants to SHSU-COM

Hey guys, current OMS2 at SHSU here. Just wanted to congratulate everyone that got accepted and leave a link to some housing information in the Conroe/Woodlands area. This is by no means a comprehensive list, but it includes some popular options close to the school to give you a head start. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them my way and I'll do my best help you between my board studying.

Conroe Apartments

Reactions: 5 users
Was accepted off the WL on 5/24, just declined it. Brutally difficult decision as I currently live on the lake about 25 mins north of the school, but I will be attending elsewhere. Good luck!

Was accepted off the WL on 5/24, just declined it. Brutally difficult decision as I currently live on the lake about 25 mins north of the school, but I will be attending elsewhere. Good luck!

Did you end up deciding to go to KCU?? Cheap tuition pushed me towards Sam. I turned down my KCU spot a couple weeks ago.

Did you end up deciding to go to KCU?? Cheap tuition pushed me towards Sam. I turned down my KCU spot a couple weeks ago.
Yes. It was a real close decision, but the newness of Sam worried me slightly + I had sent a letter of intent to KCU

Yes. It was a real close decision, but the newness of Sam worried me slightly + I had sent a letter of intent to KCU

KCU seems like a great school. I’m sure it will work out well for you. Sad you won’t be at Sam though!

Accepted off the WL today! Don’t lose hope :) literally shaking in shock and happiness!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I see 154 members in the group me, is it safe to say the class is full now?

I see 154 members in the group me, is it safe to say the class is full now?

No. Sometimes people decide to go to another school but remain in the group chat. It’s hard to say. But more than likely there are a few spots open or that will become open in the coming weeks.

Any current students willing to answer questions about SHSU? Have an interview coming up and trying to gather some personal anecdotes if possible!