2021-2022 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is just me being impatient and neurotic, but how long after the interview do you believe we should expect to hear back? The director of admissions said they try to turn around within 4 weeks- do you believe that's around when we'll hear back or do you believe that means at most you won't hear for 4 weeks? Thanks in advance!
I can't speak for this year but last year it was supposed to be a 4-week turn-around but we often were waiting longer than that. Last year was a bit out of the norm though, with all of the COVID restrictions and things changing almost daily as far as school guidelines, so the majority of us just tried to be patient and not harass adcoms. :lol: I don't think anyone heard before the 4 weeks and that might have had something to do with faculty availability to review the interview files. Hopefully things are better this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This is just me being impatient and neurotic, but how long after the interview do you believe we should expect to hear back? The director of admissions said they try to turn around within 4 weeks- do you believe that's around when we'll hear back or do you believe that means at most you won't hear for 4 weeks? Thanks in advance!
I can't speak for this school, but for other schools that give vague timelines, I add about an extra 2 weeks just for my mental health. lol Hoping you and others get some good news sooner than later!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Canadian who received an interview invite last Friday, sorry forgot to update. Completed application Aug 3. MCAT: 51X GPA: 3.8X

Did anyone completed the secondary app in August and not get a II or any response yet?

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure why it's taking them so long to get back to us, I'm considering emailing them has anyone tried reaching out to them?

Not sure why it's taking them so long to get back to us, I'm considering emailing them has anyone tried reaching out to them?
Complete 7/14 and I emailed them like a month ago. They said they will be sending invites by beginning of September. So idk...

yall i recently just submitted my AACOMAS to this school. is it tool late?

does anybody know how fast the class is being filled up/previous years' history?

• Care
yall i recently just submitted my AACOMAS to this school. is it tool late?

does anybody know how fast the class is being filled up/previous years' history?
I applied last year at the very end of September and was accepted in January. :)

Reactions: 2 users
To the people who interviewed already, how was your experience?

If it offers any consolation to people waiting. I was complete in summer for MSUCOM and didn't receive an interview until late February! I know it's hard not to stress, but don't stress out about the timeline :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Would someone mind giving me an idea of what I can expect during the admissions overview webinar?

Not an answer to ur question but when is that and how do I sign up?
After you are invited to interview, there will be an "additional information" tab under the interview section of your portal with links to sign up for one. According to the description, the admissions team will give a presentation on the educational programs at MSUCOM and they are encouraging applicants to bring questions. I was wondering if anyone has attended one of these yet so I could have a better idea of what to expect since I don't have too many questions to ask

After you are invited to interview, there will be an "additional information" tab under the interview section of your portal with links to sign up for one. According to the description, the admissions team will give a presentation on the educational programs at MSUCOM and they are encouraging applicants to bring questions. I was wondering if anyone has attended one of these yet so I could have a better idea of what to expect since I don't have too many questions to ask
Yeah I recently attended one. Basically it was a presentation of the program - curriculum structure, clerkship sites, 3 campus overview, etc. You had the opportunity to ask any follow-up questions after the presentation. I really liked that we were able to get a more in-depth preview of what MSUCOM offers. I would still dress up as you would for your interview as that's how I saw everyone dressed. Best of luck in your interview!

Yeah I recently attended one. Basically it was a presentation of the program - curriculum structure, clerkship sites, 3 campus overview, etc. You had the opportunity to ask any follow-up questions after the presentation. I really liked that we were able to get a more in-depth preview of what MSUCOM offers. I would still dress up as you would for your interview as that's how I saw everyone dressed. Best of luck in your interview!
Thank you so much for this I really appreciate it!

For those who have interviewed already, did they mention how long it takes to get back to you? Or how long did it take them to respond?

Do they need your Casper score before they review your application? I got the complete email in late July but didn’t take my casper until 2 weeks ago (life happens), was wondering if this delayed my application review or not

Do they need your Casper score before they review your application? I got the complete email in late July but didn’t take my casper until 2 weeks ago (life happens), was wondering if this delayed my application review or not
I was under the impression that you only need a Casper score if you're invited to interview, but I could be wrong (also, **** casper)

I was under the impression that you only need a Casper score if you're invited to interview, but I could be wrong (also, **** casper)
Interesting…I was complete 7/26 and crickets since then. I agree with your thoughts on Casper, I could barely finish 2/3 questions for each because I’m the worst typer (typist?) in history lmao

Interesting…I was complete 7/26 and crickets since then. I agree with your thoughts on Casper, I could barely finish 2/3 questions for each because I’m the worst typer (typist?) in history lmao

I'm in the same boat but silence everywhere, not just MSUCOM. Patience is a virtue, I guess (meanwhile I'm refreshing my inbox 10,000 times a day...)

Got a II yesterday! Looks like they were scheduling for the end of this month.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I'm in the same boat but silence everywhere, not just MSUCOM. Patience is a virtue, I guess (meanwhile I'm refreshing my inbox 10,000 times a day...)
It’s super weird how different schools have different methods and timelines, very frustrating but it’s still early…my thumbs are sore from refreshing my email literally every 10 seconds on my phone Lmaooo

Does this school screen for secondaries?

II earlier this week!

OOS, complete mid-September

Received an II last week! First school of the cycle!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
For those who interviewed last week, did they mention when they would get back to us. I briefly remember them saying November/December, is that correct? Did anyone get a different answer from them?

II today. Very nontraditional, with stats lower than average.

• Love
For those who interviewed last week, did they mention when they would get back to us. I briefly remember them saying November/December, is that correct? Did anyone get a different answer from them?
I could be wrong, but I remember hearing in the info session the week prior that it would be around a month?

For those who have interviewed, what does it say for you under "Status" on the Home page of the portal? Not the status page itself, but the chart that has "My Application", "Term", and "Status" below the homepage welcome video/text.