2021-2022 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all! I know how stressful the application process is, I'm a nontraditional student who had to apply three times and do a masters to get into med school, but I'm currently at AZCOM in my first year. If anyone is curious what school is like week to week, a couple of us started a podcast to document our journey through med school. We meet every Friday and talk about the things we did that week (tests classes etc), our challenges and our successes. You can find it on Spotify "The Learn'ed Doc Podcast". I'm sharing because I had always wished there was something like that when I was applying to really understand what it's like once you're on the other side of acceptance.

If anyone has questions about anything I'd be happy to answer them. Otherwise my stats are below.

BS in Biology
BA in anthropology and analytical chemistry

Undergrad GPA 3.2
MCAT (x3) 497/497/507

MA in biomedical sciences
Masters GPA 3.5

Keep grinding and do a masters program if you need it.
Hey, congrats! I'll definitely check out the podcast! Would you mind if I DM'd you a few specific questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, congrats! I'll definitely check out the podcast! Would you mind if I DM'd you a few specific questions?
I wouldn't mind at all, I may take a second to respond but I'll get back to you as soon as I see your Q's. We've got three exams this week and I feel like somehow the days are getting shorter lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have to do a demographic update? I just wanted to look at my portal, but it made me do a demographic update with all those radio buttons again.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah same here lol, got my hopes up that it might lead to me scheduling an interview.
I wonder if for those who got an II, if they had to update their demographics prior to scheduling it. I’m most likely overthinking this though 😂

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked the portal as I typically do, had the demographic update questions, and then was pleasantly surprised by an II notification at the end! I didn't get anything to my email though!

Just checked the portal as I typically do, had the demographic update questions, and then was pleasantly surprised by an II notification at the end! I didn't get anything to my email though!
Proof of why it’s important to read every message from a school carefully!

Proof of why it’s important to read every message from a school carefully!

I meant that I didn't get any email notification from the school at all until I checked the portal! :) I searched my email too and didn't find anything so I would recommend to all to check their portal for here every so often because I didn't receive any email at all prior to this

I meant that I didn't get any email notification from the school at all until I checked the portal! :) I searched my email too and didn't find anything so I would recommend to all to check their portal for here every so often because I didn't receive any email at all prior to this
Was the notification on the homepage or interview scheduling?

I meant that the message in the portal, to complete your demographic info, was also an important communication from your school.

I logged in just now and was presented with those demographic questions as well. No II for me at the end of it though.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone receive an II with less than a 510 MCAT yet ?

II today at 3:00 AM EST lol
Secondary submitted 9/8
MCAT 510 GPA 3.54 ORM
Wayyyy faster turnaround than I had expected but I’ll take it!

Anyone here had any luck coming off the interview waitlist?

Does anyone know if the format for in person and virtual interviews are the same? Or if they are implementing masking/social distancing during the interviews? I can't decide if it would be better to be there in person or virtual so they can actually see my face/facial expressions...

Does anyone know if the format for in person and virtual interviews are the same? Or if they are implementing masking/social distancing during the interviews? I can't decide if it would be better to be there in person or virtual so they can actually see my face/facial expressions...
I'm sure it's shorter for virtual. But I would say if you can swing it, definitely come to the campus. it was a big selling point for me. it's truly awesome.

Since some people have already heard back from the 9/9 interview date, should I be preparing for an R or waitlist or is there still a chance?

Been on II Waitlist since 8/17. Does getting put on earlier mean I am at the front of the line, or does everyone on the waitlist get ordered by another factor (stats or anything). Just trying to stay hopeful, I really wanna go here or CCOM :)

Been on II Waitlist since 8/17. Does getting put on earlier mean I am at the front of the line, or does everyone on the waitlist get ordered by another factor (stats or anything). Just trying to stay hopeful, I really wanna go here or CCOM :)
I've been on the waitlist since like 7/11 ishh and have heard nothing yet :/ wondering too

Got II email last night. Was complete in late July. 509 MCAT 3.97 gpa and Canadian.

It only shows in person available dates for me, anyone know if virtual ones will soon be available?

It only shows in person available dates for me, anyone know if virtual ones will soon be available?

They offer both but I’m sure the virtual ones filled up since it’s first come first serve with sign ups. That being said it filled up after my II too but I opened the portal randomly every few hours and found an opening for a virtual slot randomly. They also say they will email you with more dates if you haven’t scheduled one yet as they become available!

Anyone feel that they did not perform well during their interview and still get accepted?

Accepted today, interviewed yesterday!
did you find out via email/phone call? I have an "accepted checklist" on my portal and don't wanna jump to conclusions quite yet, but can't be a bad thing i guess haha

unsure what to make of it

did you find out via email/phone call? I have an "accepted checklist" on my portal and don't wanna jump to conclusions quite yet, but can't be a bad thing i guess haha

unsure what to make of it
I got an email!