2021-2022 New York Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you guys send a thank you note after interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
When sending updates or LOI's for NYMC, did you guys attach a pdf to an email? They don't have any specific instructions.

When sending updates or LOI's for NYMC, did you guys attach a pdf to an email? They don't have any specific instructions.
I attached a PDF and got a response that it was added to my file. So, PDF might be preferred

Reactions: 1 users
Haven't heard back from NYMC at all yet, not even a hold. Is it too late to hope for an interview? Anyone in the same boat?

Reactions: 10 users
congrats!!! Were you ever on hold? How far are they scheduling out for interviews?

thank you so much!! nope, was never on hold (I'm a reapplicant and was on hold last cycle though) and I only had three dates available to me, all in early to mid-March

Reactions: 3 users
Haven’t heard anything back and haven’t been out on hold. Is that just a soft R at this point?

Reactions: 1 user
To any current students: Does anybody know if nymc has a student formal or prom?
Yes there were proms Prior to Covid-19, rented out a really nice venue with open bar and dance floor!

No prom last year or this year due to covid. I'd imagine maybe once Covid is recognized as being endemic by higher institutions, spring formal will return.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone who interviewed 1/10 and beyond hear back yet? (aside from that one guy above)

anyone who interviewed 1/10 and beyond hear back yet? (aside from that one guy above)
My interview was on 24 and nothing yet. Maybe next week we’ll all hear back?
I saw that As and WLs tend to go out together so unless they do silent R post interview, they haven’t released all the decisions yet

Reactions: 2 users
My interview was on 24 and nothing yet. Maybe next week we’ll all hear back?
I saw that As and WLs tend to go out together so unless they do silent R post interview, they haven’t released all the decisions yet
hopefully we hear back soon with A's

Did people accepted off the waitlist send an LOI or update letter?

Does anyone know how many accepted students there already are?

Does anyone know how many accepted students there already are?
I don't think anyone outside of the admissions department would know that number. Is the facebook page for the 2026 class is up? That that would be the best place to gauge that number.

I don't think anyone outside of the admissions department would know that number. Is the facebook page for the 2026 class is up? That that would be the best place to gauge that number.
Yeah I was hoping either an accepted student in a facebook group or groupme chat could let us know

Yeah I was hoping either an accepted student in a facebook group or groupme chat could let us know
There are currently 148 people in the Facebook group, including moderators.

ACCEPTED! FIRST MD I'M SO HAPPY :D

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
OOS accepted from 1/13 interview. I felt so bad about my MMI. I felt horrible and could barely focus the whole time bc I had covid; I had already set myself up to expect bad news.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Accepted today!!!! Interviewed 1/14. First A this cycle so I am beyond thrilled :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 21 users
Accepted today. Interviewed 1/11. 3rd time applying. I am so ****ing relieved.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 28 users
Accepted yesterday! Interviewed 1/20, my first!! I'm beyond excited!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Absolute silence since submitting my secondary in late July. I know people with significantly lower stats than me getting IIs here. Wonder what's going on here. Assuming it's a soft R at this point.

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
Absolute silence since submitting my secondary in late July. I know people with significantly lower stats than me getting IIs here. Wonder what's going on here. Assuming it's a soft R at this point.
It's not an exact process (i.e. meet these stats and you get a II). I got WL myself but got IIs at places where I'm below stat medians. I hope everyone does great in their interviews!

• Care
What's going on is that stats are not the be-all, anywhere.

Some schools will screen you out because your stats are too low. Others because they are too high. And still others for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with stats. Stats are the single most important metric, but they are only one of many.

In 2022, reviews really are holistic, everywhere. Your experience is living proof of this.

With all due respect, everyone on SDN who benchmarks themselves against everyone else by asking about complete date, stats, SES, race, etc., every time anyone reports anything is focusing on the wrong thing. If anyone is less than happy with their results, the only productive thing to do is to look inward and wonder what can be improved (we all always have multiple things that can be improved upon), rather than looking outward wondering what is going on. JMHO.

• Love
Is there any chance in getting an interview at this point? No hold just radio silence…I keep reading that a hold is a silent R so is not being on hold better?

Last edited:
What's going on is that stats are not the be-all, anywhere.

Some schools will screen you out because your stats are too low. Others because they are too high. And still others for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with stats. Stats are the single most important metric, but they are only one of many.

In 2022, reviews really are holistic, everywhere. Your experience is living proof of this.

With all due respect, everyone on SDN who benchmarks themselves against everyone else by asking about complete date, stats, SES, race, etc., every time anyone reports anything is focusing on the wrong thing. If anyone is less than happy with their results, the only productive thing to do is to look inward and wonder what can be improved (we all always have multiple things that can be improved upon), rather than looking outward wondering what is going on. JMHO.
These words sound nice on paper, but given how opaque the admissions process is, you'd be at best guessing on what parts of your application can be improved. Your only other recourse is to perhaps pay someone to do an independent review of your app, but not everyone has that kind of time or scratch. Only a handful of schools tell you how to improve your application unfortunately. More importantly though, these admissions offices aren't showing you why people with lower stats and ostensibly less impressive ECs are getting interview invites over you. This lack of transparency makes the process ripe for abuse, be it through nepotism or biased institutional policies. As future physicians, the onus is on us to work towards making the process less ****ty for posterity.

• Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
Have they still not rejected people off the hold list yet? Last year I got the boot Feb 5, wonder what the delay is. Placed on hold this cycle some time in November.

Have they still not rejected people off the hold list yet? Last year I got the boot Feb 5, wonder what the delay is
Dude at this point I’ll take a hold I just want them to acknowledge my existence which they haven’t done since accepting my secondary fee

• Haha
Dude at this point I’ll take a hold I just want them to acknowledge my existence which they haven’t done since accepting my secondary fee
Yep, I feel that for all my other schools that are ghosting me. But they’ve been rejecting people or putting them on hold here. Maybe this means you’re still in the running for an II later on. They interview through March, right?

Yep, I feel that for all my other schools that are ghosting me. But they’ve been rejecting people or putting them on hold here. Maybe this means you’re still in the running for an II later on. They interview through March, right?
Idk dude I’ve pretty much given up hope at this point 😂

Do you know if this school accepts feedback on their interview? I know some schools will send out an email

There's a survey on the post-interview information email.