2021-2022 New York Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what I gathered there seems to be one interview that’s more traditional in nature. That interviewer may have read your file and will ask you more application specific question
is that interview same length as the MMI or is it like a 20-30min block?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone heard any sort of confirmation after they submit an update letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
They just asked me post-II to send updated transcripts. Do they hold decisions until someone has completed all their pre-reqs?

I am not sure if this has been asked before, but did you guys send a thank you note after your interview? If so, did you email it to the admissions office?

Just got the A via email and my first one as a reapplicant (was rejected here pre II last cycle)!
Interviewed 12/14/21 and sent an update 10/15/21

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Just got the A via email and my first one as a reapplicant (was rejected here pre II last cycle)!
Interviewed 12/14/21 and sent an update 10/15/21
Interviewed same time and didn't get anything. When do they send R's?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who were accepted in the past few months, have you received any communication from the school about events besides those first two deposit emails?

For those who were accepted in the past few months, have you received any communication from the school about events besides those first two deposit emails?
Just the deposit emails and about a school tour a few months ago. Nothing since then

Reactions: 1 users
For everyone that sent a thank you note after their interview, did you get a response to the email you sent? I sent my thank you email a few days ago but I did not get a response

For everyone that sent a thank you note after their interview, did you get a response to the email you sent? I sent my thank you email a few days ago but I did not get a response
I'm pretty sure it's extremely rare to get any response, regardless of school. I've heard of interviewers responding after acceptance to send their congratulations, though.

EDIT: Just realized this was for NYMC, maybe it's different for the MMI.

I never got any response from the thank you letter but I did get an acceptance, so don't let the lack of a response make you nervous!

• Care
Pre-II hold email today. Complete email 10/7.

Pre-II hold today too. Complete 8/20

II received on Friday! Scheduled for the end of Jan but I think I got a cancelation because the other dates were in March.
Can any current students speak to the general weekly schedule? How much mandatory class/how many days a week do you go into campus. Do you know anyone who commutes more than 30 min? is it doable? What kind of board prep do they offer? Is there an internal rank? Normal grading scale? any and all info appreciated! TIA!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I know the MMI is from 12:50 to 4, but how much of this time is actually for MMI? How long is the break for Group A and how long is the MMI portion for Group B while A is on break?

II received on Friday! Scheduled for the end of Jan but I think I got a cancelation because the other dates were in March.
Can any current students speak to the general weekly schedule? How much mandatory class/how many days a week do you go into campus. Do you know anyone who commutes more than 30 min? is it doable? What kind of board prep do they offer? Is there an internal rank? Normal grading scale? any and all info appreciated! TIA!
Hey! I'm a current student here and would be happy to answer your questions. Depending on the material we're learning we will either have labs 2-3 times per week (or less depending on the weeks), and class Monday-Friday anytime generally from 8/9am to about 3pm. With COVID the curriculum has gone hybrid and some of the classes have posted pre-recorded lectures that you can do on your own time. Labs and small groups are mandatory, all other classes are generally not mandatory and are recorded. Some commute from Manhattan/Queens/Brooklyn and from what I have heard it is doable but definitely not preferred with the traffic. They offer group discounts on different resources (B&B, Uworld, Sketchy etc.). Class is P/F preclinical with an internal rank. Clinicals are Honors/HP/P/F. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions!

Reactions: 4 users
Are pre II holds turn into interviews or usually soft Rs

Reactions: 2 users
I know the MMI is from 12:50 to 4, but how much of this time is actually for MMI? How long is the break for Group A and how long is the MMI portion for Group B while A is on break?
The actual MMI is around an hour and 15 min. I think group A gets like 20 min before their MMI starts and group B gets the same 20 minutes plus the hour and 15 while group A is doing their circut.

• Love
Do they accept pre II letters of interest?? Submitted secondary months ago and have heard nothing

Complete in July and haven't heard anything. Is it worth it to reach out and see if there is an update? Or will they likely just tell me that my application is still under review? Starting to get really worried.

I feel you, silence from over half the schools I applied to and I completed all of them in July.
I have silence from 29/34 schools and I applied late July early August lol :(

• Care
I have silence from 29/34 schools and I applied late July early August lol :(
I'm in the exact same position as you and it's so frustrating. This whole process is very lonely so I'm glad to hear someone is going through something similar. It seems like people have been hearing news in January and I'm still on the silent train. Don't know what to do anymore

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Question about the MMI: In the 1-2 minutes you have to think about the prompt, are you allowed to take any notes on paper?

Complete in July and haven't heard anything. Is it worth it to reach out and see if there is an update? Or will they likely just tell me that my application is still under review? Starting to get really worried.
I've sent 3 updates to NYMC, including pubs and interest. Still getting silence from NYMC :/. Silence at 65% of my schools, actually

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I've sent 3 updates to NYMC, including pubs and interest. Still getting silence from NYMC :/. Silence at 65% of my schools, actually
Take it from me when I say silence is a good thing. I'm on hold here and at 2 other schools. Beyond that I've been rejected at almost 50% of the places I applied to, some of which were dream schools. Silence would have bought me some time to send them updates. In fact, I planned on finishing updates and sending them out tomorrow, but yesterday I caught an R from a school that will now never get them. Don't let the silence get to you! Only think about what it is you can do here and now :)

• Care
  • Dislike
Take it from me when I say silence is a good thing. I'm on hold here and at 2 other schools. Beyond that I've been rejected at almost 50% of the places I applied to, some of which were dream schools. Silence would have bought me some time to send them updates. In fact, I planned on finishing updates and sending them out tomorrow, but yesterday I caught an R from a school that will now never get them. Don't let the silence get to you! Only think about what it is you can do here and now :)
Keep moving forward, as Eren Yeager would say

• Love