2021-2022 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the R in the mail today after having an early interview and 2 NFAs. I wish they would just send rejections earlier instead of giving people false hope and keeping peoples lives on hold

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Got the R in the mail today after having an early interview and 2 NFAs. I wish they would just send rejections earlier instead of giving people false hope and keeping peoples lives on hold
same here had an interview in October 2 NFA letters ... sent them updates still R. Sad indeed and pretty sure LSU Shreveport is at capacity or almost too there so consider it another gap year.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Me to LSU Shreveport when I get the R from nola

Attachments

• fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg
    fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 99
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
got my R as well in the mail today, very disappointed but if anyone wants to keep in touch for support through this next application cycle please message me! we all will get through this, congrats to those that got in!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I'm out of town but I told my brother to open the letter for me and it was an R. I guess I'm a little bummed out but I was kinda expecting it considering I've only lived here for the past 3 ish years and I never really said anything about staying and practicing in Louisiana in my interview. While this is a setback, I've enjoyed all the memes we've shared in this thread to cope with this stressful process and if you also got the R, don't give up and despair I know all of you will be great physicians one day and you'll get em next year. As for me, I am blessed to have a seat elsewhere so I won't re-apply but I hope y'all get in somewhere one day.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I'm going to call lsu Shreveport tomorrow to see if they have spots , Mrs French is really nice so I think she'll hint at if there is a chance or not

• Love
I'm out of town but I told my brother to open the letter for me and it was an R. I guess I'm a little bummed out but I was kinda expecting it considering I've only lived here for the past 3 ish years and I never really said anything about staying and practicing in Louisiana in my interview. While this is a setback, I've enjoyed all the memes we've shared in this thread to cope with this stressful process and if you also got the R, don't give up and despair I know all of you will be great physicians one day and you'll get em next year. As for me, I am blessed to have a seat elsewhere so I won't re-apply but I hope y'all get in somewhere one day.
Good luck friend

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats and good luck!

Last edited:
  • Care
if shreveport called and said i got in, I'd give them my credit card info over the phone for my enrollment deposit

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone that’s gotten an R tried to set up an appointment with Dr. McLean yet? I emailed her LSU email but no response yet. Wondering if there’s a better way to contact her.

has anyone not gotten a letter/phone call yet? or know anyone that has? wondering if it’s just a fluke and I should have a letter by now or if it just means I’m technically still waitlisted

has anyone not gotten a letter/phone call yet? or know anyone that has? wondering if it’s just a fluke and I should have a letter by now or if it just means I’m technically still waitlisted
same here, no call, no letter. Dont know what that means

Last edited:
Still nothing here, have you gotten anything yet?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone living outside Louisiana received their letter yet? Follow up: are letters Rs only? Or are they As and WL as well? Just trying to keep my blood pressure below 220/110 at the moment.

I'd call again, but the way she made it sound like there is no reason to ask. If anyone has heard anything it would be nice to know.
I called on Tuesday and she was confused why I haven’t heard anything. They sent me a decision letter later that day via email since I never got it. Rejection. It had May 5 date on it so not sure why I never received it in the mail.

Anyone have experience with the post decision admissions counseling? Do we email Kimberly or the generic admissions email to set this up? Lost the letter that had the info oops

Anyone have experience with the post decision admissions counseling? Do we email Kimberly or the generic admissions email to set this up? Lost the letter that had the info oops
did you figure out who to email? i also lost the letter lol

YALL I finally received an acceptance off the waitlist (via phone call)! So blessed and grateful! I'm not sure if anymore waitlist movement is happening but just know that it CAN still happen!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users