2021-2022 New York Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete late September and haven’t heard anything. Are they still interviewing or should I start working on my PS for next cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I was complete late September and haven’t heard anything. Are they still interviewing or should I start working on my PS for next cycle?
Someone reported getting an II this past Monday. So, they are still sending out invites and conducted interviews. Considering because of Jewish holidays the school started the application season late, there is a possibility that this year they may run a little late (maybe until April?) But that is just my speculation.
As for your second question, I read somewhere that "assume you are rejected until you get the acceptance." As a reapplicant, I truly think those words are important for every premed. Work on your PS or ECs to improve your app. Do whatever you must to improve as a candidate!
With that said, I hope you II is around the corner!

Reactions: 1 users
Late post but I was also accepted this past Tuesday. After being waitlisted after every interview for two years, getting this A feels Unreal!
Never give up on your dreams guys!
Congrats!! Did you receive an A off the WL or right after an II?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received interview offer in October, scheduled promptly. Interviewed 1/25, got my A 3/1.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Is anyone here thinking of applying to the accelerated masters?

Admissions told me they will be interviewing until mid-march...which is so soon :\

Just withdrew my A here, good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
people who are going to the second look day — do we wear business clothes or regular clothes? never been to one of these before 😅

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A here yesterday, hope it goes to one of you folks still waiting!!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
people who are going to the second look day — do we wear business clothes or regular clothes? never been to one of these before 😅
I haven't seen anything about dress codes yet but I would assume you don't need to be in full business professional. I think it would be fine if your attire is business casual/preppy and just generally well put together. You could shoot an email to admissions or Student-2-Student Network for more information though.

I haven't seen anything about dress codes yet but I would assume you don't need to be in full business professional. I think it would be fine if your attire is business casual/preppy and just generally well put together. You could shoot an email to admissions or Student-2-Student Network for more information though.
Did you get a confirmation email when you signed up? I signed up but didnt get one

Did you get a confirmation email when you signed up? I signed up but didnt get one
I didn't receive an official confirmation email but I got one of those automated responses from my submission of the registration form

are classes mandatory in person here?
Hi, current M1 at NYMC. Most of the "large lectures" for all our classes are currently either given over zoom (and recorded), or pre-recorded and posted to our learning management software. There are some courses that will intermittently have mandatory zoom sessions. These are typically when we have physicians present on a topic we're learning, or panel discussions.

Then there are the small group, clinical skills, and lab sessions, which are mandatory in person (anatomy lab, histology lab, Self-Directed Learning meetings, Neuroanatomy lab, Clinical skills practice such as history taking and physical exam practice with standardized patients).

Open to answer any other questions anyone might have. I absolutely love my time at NYMC so far.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Schools that are still giving out interviews at this point in the cycle

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Let’s manifest it into existence 🙏🏻🙏🏻
I’m about to email them and invite them to interview with me I think they will respect it as a chad move

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users
Are we supposed to be expecting another round of decisions today for those who have already interviewed? I saw someone post something about every 2 weeks, and it seems like 2 weeks ago was the last wave of acceptances.

Will be withdrawing my A here. Good luck everyone!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Does anyone have a sense of when waitlist movement might start here?

I think WL movement started in May last year. Hopefully it’s sooner this year cause the waiting is soooooo painful

I can't get into my NYMC portal and they're sending me emails for their basic sciences graduate program.

...I take it that's a no?

Update: I stalked thru last year's thread and I saw a bunch of WL acceptances on May 1st but only a tiny trickle before then so i think that's probably our best bet :)

They do admissions decisions every other Tuesday, right? So tomorrow they will release some and then again in another two weeks?