2022-2023 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we know if the new campus will be finished by the time we start in august?
They said it will be

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone try applying for a loan through Zuntafi with and without a co-signer but not have the interest rate they offer change? I applied fixed rate by myself the first time, felt like the rate was wayyyy too high, withdrew, and then re-applied with a co-signer, but the rate is still the same. It seems like this site auto-generates a rate for you, so I wasn't sure why it would be the same with or without a cosigner.

Did anyone try applying for a loan through Zuntafi with and without a co-signer but not have the interest rate they offer change? I applied fixed rate by myself the first time, felt like the rate was wayyyy too high, withdrew, and then re-applied with a co-signer, but the rate is still the same. It seems like this site auto-generates a rate for you, so I wasn't sure why it would be the same with or without a cosigner.
I applied with and without a co-signer. My rates did change and I got a better rate with the co-signer. The rate is still pretty high and I had a call with Christina who said rates have gone up due to the economy. One thing she mentioned though is that Zuntafi may rate match for older loans through them if you get a better interest rate another year.

I applied with and without a co-signer. My rates did change and I got a better rate with the co-signer. The rate is still pretty high and I had a call with Christina who said rates have gone up due to the economy. One thing she mentioned though is that Zuntafi may rate match for older loans through them if you get a better interest rate another year.
Oh wow I didn't realize they rate match. That's good to know!

I actually ended up calling to ask why the rate didn't change, and they said it's because my co-signer has a lower FICO credit score than me lol. I went ahead and just applied without a co-signer.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone! How do most people get to Provo/Orem after flying into SLC? Uber?

Hey everyone! How do most people get to Provo/Orem after flying into SLC? Uber?
Salt Lake to Provo has pretty decent public transportation with their rail system. Uber is definitely an option if you have a lot of stuff though.

Salt Lake to Provo has pretty decent public transportation with their rail system. Uber is definitely an option if you have a lot of stuff though.
how does one use this rail system? would only have a few carry on's to take to the hotel

how does one use this rail system? would only have a few carry on's to take to the hotel

I’ve never taken the Frontrunner from the airport up there, but this article seems to have some good info about it!

You’d probably still need an Uber to get to your hotel, but for a much shorter distance.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I've used Trax from the airport before. When you walk out of the airport on the ground floor the station will be on your left. You will need to buy a transfer ticket. You will ride the Trax green line to the North Temple front runner station and then transfer to the front runner train going towards provo.
This is definitely going to be the cheapest option. I don't live in provo, but I ended up only paying $1.20 for the entire ride and it was a good distance from the airport.

I've used Trax from the airport before. When you walk out of the airport on the ground floor the station will be on your left. You will need to buy a transfer ticket. You will ride the Trax green line to the North Temple front runner station and then transfer to the front runner train going towards provo.
This is definitely going to be the cheapest option. I don't live in provo, but I ended up only paying $1.20 for the entire ride and it was a good distance from the airport.
Thanks! I hope there’s people to help since it definitely is all new to me

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I hope there’s people to help since it definitely is all new to me
I'm sure there will be, the trains are pretty popular and I'm sure you can ask someone else taking the train. The train will tell you the name of each stop and if you are able to transfer to another train or not. It's actually pretty user friendly but just in case I'm sure you'll be able to find help from someone.

I'm sure there will be, the trains are pretty popular and I'm sure you can ask someone else taking the train. The train will tell you the name of each stop and if you are able to transfer to another train or not. It's actually pretty user friendly but just in case I'm sure you'll be able to find help from someone.
Someone also mentioned riding the trax to the salt lake front runner station, is that better or north temple?

Someone also mentioned riding the trax to the salt lake front runner station, is that better or north temple?
So front runner doesn't go to the airport directly, but Trax do. The green line on Trax will take you to the closest front runner station which would be North Temple.

So front runner doesn't go to the airport directly, but Trax do. The green line on Trax will take you to the closest front runner station which would be North Temple.
Got ya so basically hop on the trax, get off when I hear “north temple” then hop on a train there and go down until I hear “Provo”?

Got ya so basically hop on the trax, get off when I hear “north temple” then hop on a train there and go down until I hear “Provo”?
Yes! You shouo also be able to plug it into Google maps etc and it should pull up the stops and stuff for you too

• Care
Withdrew from WL today as I will be accepting an offer elsewhere. Good luck to everyone else on the WL!

Yes! You shouo also be able to plug it into Google maps etc and it should pull up the stops and stuff for you too
would taking the TRAX to salt lake central be better than north lake? or does it not matter haha

would taking the TRAX to salt lake central be better than north lake? or does it not matter haha
The stop at North Temple is where the trax green line connects to front runner. I believe Salt Lake central station is the next stop after North Temple but it's a stop for once you are on front runner.

The stop at North Temple is where the trax green line connects to front runner. I believe Salt Lake central station is the next stop after North Temple but it's a stop for once you are on front runner.
ah got it! will just stick to north temple in that case, thanks for your help!

I will be withdrawing my A here so someone will get good news soon 🤞🏼
I hope you got in somewhere great!! I’ve been following you since I started looking at Noorda in August, and you seem like a good person and like you’ll make a great physician. Good luck Mamainmed!!

• Care
I will be withdrawing my A here so someone will get good news soon 🤞🏼
Aww, I'm sad. Was looking forward to meeting you. Congrats, I'm sure you're going somewhere that's a better fit.

• Care
Flying into SLC for accepted student day so this is super helpful!

I hope you got in somewhere great!! I’ve been following you since I started looking at Noorda in August, and you seem like a good person and like you’ll make a great physician. Good luck Mamainmed!!
Aw thank you that’s so sweet! I definitely feel like I made a bond with some fellow incoming Noorda students. I hope we stay in touch and I can’t wait to see what amazing things you all do as my future colleagues :)

Just got an acceptance off of the APS list. Interviewed March 22nd. Planning on accepting the seat

Reactions: 7 users
I also interviewed on 3/22 but got placed on WL. I’m anxiously waiting 😬

Gonna copy and paste their email here for all applicants to see, it's just wow!

As we approach the end of another academic year, we wanted to share with you some of the milestones that Noorda-COM has achieved.

• All members of our inaugural class (90) and our second class (135) are still enrolled at Noorda-COM, resulting in a 0% attrition rate!
  • With our second-year students (COM2025) approaching their national Board exam test dates, they have been given the COMAT FBS (Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Achievement Test - Foundational Biomedical Sciences), a standardized assessment of core osteopathic and biomedical sciences knowledge typically taken at the end of the second year.
    • This class of students took COMAT FBS for the first time in 2022 at the end of their first year. They obtained a mean standard score of 188.8. Passing is equivalent to one standard deviation to the national mean score of 197.4, which was 188. With that performance, one-half of COM2025 students could have passed their national Board exams (normally taken at the end of the second year) after only one year of medical school.
    • Last week, our COM2025 class retook the COMAT FBS. This time, the class average score was 201. With the national mean score of 199 and a passing score of 190 for this year, the class is not only 2 points above the average nationally, but 90% had passing scores. Yet, they are still 6-10 weeks away from officially taking boards!
  • Noorda-COM students made a significant community impact by:
    • Mentoring at Amelia Earhart Elementary School.
    • Volunteering at South Franklin Community Center.
    • Providing a Noorda-COM Day of Service in partnership with the United Way of Utah County.
    • Working with faculty to care for underserved patient populations at the Volunteer Care Clinic in Provo.
    • Soon, participating in the Inaugural Provo Open Pro-Am Golf Tournament in support of the Kafusi's Keiki's program, in which Noorda-COM students will be accomplishing health screenings for elementary school students in Provo

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
In

As we approach the end of another academic year, we wanted to share with you some of the milestones that Noorda-COM has achieved.

• All members of our inaugural class (90) and our second class (135) are still enrolled at Noorda-COM, resulting in a 0% attrition rate!
  • With our second-year students (COM2025) approaching their national Board exam test dates, they have been given the COMAT FBS (Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Achievement Test - Foundational Biomedical Sciences), a standardized assessment of core osteopathic and biomedical sciences knowledge typically taken at the end of the second year.
    • This class of students took COMAT FBS for the first time in 2022 at the end of their first year. They obtained a mean standard score of 188.8. Passing is equivalent to one standard deviation to the national mean score of 197.4, which was 188. With that performance, one-half of COM2025 students could have passed their national Board exams (normally taken at the end of the second year) after only one year of medical school.
    • Last week, our COM2025 class retook the COMAT FBS. This time, the class average score was 201. With the national mean score of 199 and a passing score of 190 for this year, the class is not only 2 points above the average nationally, but 90% had passing scores. Yet, they are still 6-10 weeks away from officially taking boards!
    • Providing a Noorda-COM Day of Service in partnership with the United Way of Utah County.
    • Working with faculty to care for underserved patient populations at the Volunteer Care Clinic in Provo.
    • Soon, participating in the Inaugural Provo Open Pro-Am Golf Tournament in support of the Kafusi's Keiki's program, in which Noorda-COM students will be accomplishing health screenings for elementary school students in Provo
thank you for sharing!!

Yeah, I saw that! Really impressive. I think this "flipped" archetype of academic instruction is going to become a lot more popular in the coming years. After we started returning to in-person in undergrad I had a few of these types of classes for cell biology and biochem and really enjoyed them. Glad Noorda is so forward-thinking about it, looking forward to using it in medical school :)

Last edited:
Does anyone have any hotels they recommend around Provo? Was looking at Holiday Inn, Comfort and La Quinta Inn

Does anyone have any hotels they recommend around Provo? Was looking at Holiday Inn, Comfort and La Quinta Inn
Depends on your price range, the best western is good but could be pricey. Think holiday inn is a good choice!

Noorda-COM has established partnerships with two local hotels; they offer discounts for Noorda-COM visitors.

Kristen Anderson
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs

• Love
Noorda-COM has established partnerships with two local hotels; they offer discounts for Noorda-COM visitors.

Kristen Anderson
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
This is fantastic, thank you! Do we need to show our Noorda email or anything if we book the Noorda-COM rate?

Also got an acceptance from APS! See you all in July

Reactions: 7 users
Quick question.. I thought that people with "accepted pending seat" would be pulled first, but I saw that someone was accepted off of the actual "waitlist". Do they not grab people from APS first and then go to the waitlist? (Anxious waitlister here trying to predict my chances lol)

Quick question.. I thought that people with "accepted pending seat" would be pulled first, but I saw that someone was accepted off of the actual "waitlist". Do they not grab people from APS first and then go to the waitlist? (Anxious waitlister here trying to predict my chances lol)
I think for the most part they have been. They might have been reviewing and thought that person (or people) would fit really well. I’m in the same boat on the waitlist so hoping for more movement soon.