2022-2023 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my A! Good luck to all of you, it seems like an awesome school!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Just heard back, got APS. Trying to be excited lol but not a rejection. Just in limbo!
Take it as an acceptance. The deadline to pay deposits is tomorrow so seats will definitely open up in the next few days. See you in July!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know, is that a NoordaCOM exclusive deadline or for all DO schools?
Don't know about other schools, but the Noorda accepted students portal specifically states that your spot is held pending you complete all their requirements by 4/1.

mine says I have until April 21st
Ok, well I guess it depends when you were accepted. Either way, there are dozens of students accepted since the fall that have to make a decision in the next 24 hrs, so hopefully @Klyd3frog gets one of those spots!

Last edited:
Ok, well I guess it depends when you were accepted. Either way, there are dozens of students accepted since the fall that have to make a decision in the next 24 hrs, so hopefully @srsimpson11 gets one of those spots!
Thank you! I’m also waiting to hear from another school, but Noorda is definitely my top choice

Interviewed last week, have not heard back but logged into my student portal and see tab that says "waitlist information" - I am assuming I will receive an email later with more information?

To those on waitlist- do you know if its ranked or just by when you were added to the waitlist?

Interviewed last week, have not heard back but logged into my student portal and see tab that says "waitlist information" - I am assuming I will receive an email later with more information?

To those on waitlist- do you know if its ranked or just by when you were added to the waitlist?
not ranked. they don't tell us any info. you will get wl email tomorrow morning probably.

I just checked as well and I’m waitlisted… I’m really hoping for an A. Does Waitlisted mean that you are accepted but just waiting for a seat? Do you know when things will start moving around?

I just checked as well and I’m waitlisted… I’m really hoping for an A. Does Waitlisted mean that you are accepted but just waiting for a seat? Do you know when things will start moving around?
No waitlist is not accepted pending seat, the lists are separate. Movement should start in the next few weeks.

No waitlist is not accepted pending seat, the lists are separate. Movement should start in the next few weeks.
I wonder how many are in “accepted pending seat” list. Since they’re probably going to get priority THEN waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know information on accepted student day? Portal says its on May 6th I think, also anyone know where white coat ceremony is held?

I wonder how many are in “accepted pending seat” list. Since they’re probably going to get priority THEN waitlist
I'd assume a smaller proportion of people, not sure. Looking at different MD programs on MSAR waitlists can be anywhere from 50-125+ people long. All taken with a grain of salt but they did say they had movement up until early July last year so you never know. Hard to judge these things when we don't have much info available.

I'd assume a smaller proportion of people, not. Looking at different MD programs on MSAR waitlists can be anywhere from 50-125+ people long. All taken with a grain of salt but they did say they had movement up until early July last year so you never know. Hard to judge these things when we don't have much info available.
I might send a letter of intent. Idk if it’s too soon tho. I haven’t even gotten an email that I got waitlisted I just saw it in the Portal

I might send a letter of intent. Idk if it’s too soon tho. I haven’t even gotten an email that I got waitlisted I just saw it in the Portal
Just so everyone knows, they are on Spring Break starting tomorrow until April 10th so don’t panic if some things are delayed or responses are delayed. Just an fyi :)

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know information on accepted student day? Portal says its on May 6th I think, also anyone know where white coat ceremony is held?
they sent an e-vite out, check your email!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm looking into housing and I was wondering where most students live. Is it feasible to live in neighboring communities like Orem? Is that a pretty easy drive in the winter?

I'm looking into housing and I was wondering where most students live. Is it feasible to live in neighboring communities like Orem? Is that a pretty easy drive in the winter?
Orem and Vineyard are great areas to live! The winters here aren’t actually too bad on average, maybe with the exception of this years…. The road cleaning crew here are good and there is plenty of free or paid bus transport that goes down near campus

I agree with starlord, I-15 makes for an easy commute pretty much anywhere in Utah Valley and campus is right off of it, plus a really solid transit option with UVX between the Orem and Provo FrontRunner stations, with a stop right by campus. I think winters are usually not as severe in Utah Valley as compared to Salt Lake Valley as well. Orem and Provo are practically the same city anyway lol.

Gonna start getting serious about looking for roommates, have you guys had any success looking for roommates or housing yet? I’ve been on the class of 2027 Facebook page so maybe I should make a post lol

Gonna start getting serious about looking for roommates, have you guys had any success looking for roommates or housing yet? I’ve been on the class of 2027 Facebook page so maybe I should make a post lol
Not yet as I haven't decided if I want to room alone or what yet haha

I’m looking for a roommate too (I’m 25F). Message me if anyone is looking haha
If you’re part of the accepted FB group someone made a google sheet for roommate search! Would add your info to that!

Just RSVP for the in-person accepted student day! Hope to see some of you there!

Does anyone know how long it takes for the school to certify your loan?

Just got pulled off the APS today! Interviewed early Jan/ APS decision Jan28

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Does anyone know how long it takes for the school to certify your loan?
I'm also waiting for my loan to be certified... I'm hoping it will be done this week. They were off last week for spring break. If you've been waiting for awhile I'd reach out to Christina and make sure you didn't fall through the cracks.

I'm also waiting for my loan to be certified... I'm hoping it will be done this week. They were off last week for spring break. If you've been waiting for awhile I'd reach out to Christina and make sure you didn't fall through the cracks.
I’ll do the same as you and wait this week as well! Ty!

Pulled off of the Waitlist (not APS, actual WL) this week and got the Acceptance offer! I'll be declining, hope it goes to one of you!!

Reactions: 10 users
Pulled off of the Waitlist (not APS, actual WL) this week and got the Acceptance offer! I'll be declining, hope it goes to one of you!!
sorry, dumb moment, but what does APS mean?

For anyone with ZuntaFi who was on the school certification page, are you now taken back to this page? I was on school certification and now it says approved loan amount: $0.00

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 11.00.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 11.00.05 PM.png
    271.4 KB · Views: 98
For anyone with ZuntaFi who was on the school certification page, are you now taken back to this page? I was on school certification and now it says approved loan amount: $0.00
Did you get the email from Zuntafi saying the school certification is complete? Mine in now on the approval disclosure. It also shows my loan amount. You may need to call them, as it sounds like something may have happened?

Did you get the email from Zuntafi saying the school certification is complete? Mine in now on the approval disclosure. It also shows my loan amount. You may need to call them, as it sounds like something may have happened?
I did not but Christina emailed me to say she certified my loan, I’ll have to check Monday

Do we know if the new campus will be finished by the time we start in august?