2021-2022 Northeast Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the question "Have you ever been convicted of, or pleaded guilty or no contest to, any moving traffic violations?"

should we mention tickets or not?
Parking tickets no, but tickets while driving are the same as “moving violations” so those yeah

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So in my secondary invitation email that I got a few days ago it said I would receive a second email very shortly with a link to the secondary app. That was two days ago and I still haven’t gotten that email. Anyone else? Should I contact them?

So in my secondary invitation email that I got a few days ago it said I would receive a second email very shortly with a link to the secondary app. That was two days ago and I still haven’t gotten that email. Anyone else? Should I contact them?
Good point - I didn't get the link yet either...I might wait until tomorrow?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good point - I didn't get the link yet either...I might wait until tomorrow?
I don’t want to seem neurotic by emailing them so soon 😩 but I’m ready to submit…all I need is the dang link!

Check spam thou - they use AAMC's secondary portal which for me 100% of the time lands in spam. I believe these emails are autoamted so after a day it should be there.

Check spam thou - they use AAMC's secondary portal which for me 100% of the time lands in spam. I believe these emails are autoamted so after a day it should be there.
I check it like 87 times every day 😂 unfortunately, it’s not there

I check it like 87 times every day 😂 unfortunately, it’s not there
Maaaaaaaaaaaaan this is why I created a new gmail exclusively for med apps. And I STILL had a secondary lost in spam for 2 weeks until I searched the school name in the email search bar

Wait sorry if this question has been asked, but yesterday I got the secondary invitation, but I never got the actual link. Does anyone else have this issue?

Edit: Lol now looking at the thread I see that other people are having the same issue. I guess it’ll probably be sent out soon then.

Has anyone received that second email/contacted them about not receiving the link to the secondary yet?

Has anyone received that second email/contacted them about not receiving the link to the secondary yet?
Oh shoot - turns out they did send one, I just missed it somehow. Subject line: "Northeast Ohio Medical University Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application"

Oh shoot - turns out they did send one, I just missed it somehow. Subject line: "Northeast Ohio Medical University Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application"
I got that, too, but it doesn’t have a link to the secondary right?

Anyone who submitted their secondary get an application is complete email? Or NEOMED does not do that?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got that, too, but it doesn’t have a link to the secondary right?
"Secondary Application Invitation" doesn't have the link to the secondary for me. "Northeast Ohio Medical University Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application" has a link. They were sent at the same time but somehow I didn't see it until now and I have no idea why.

"Secondary Application Invitation" doesn't have the link to the secondary for me. "Northeast Ohio Medical University Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application" has a link. They were sent at the same time but somehow I didn't see it until now and I have no idea why.
Omg I see it now, wow I would’ve been waiting forever lol. Thank you!!

Lmao seriously tho, I read that thing like ten times last week and now I finally see the link, very odd 😂😂
Yeah I had the same issue, I could have sworn that only two emails popped up for NEOMED initially, and after I contacted them magically the third email showed up in my inbox with the link. No clue.

Yeah I had the same issue, I could have sworn that only two emails popped up for NEOMED initially, and after I contacted them magically the third email showed up in my inbox with the link. No clue.
That’s so weird! Usually I notice things like that, too, so it’s kinda bizarre. I wonder how many other people are still waiting while this sits in their inbox lol.

Yeah I never got another email from them :( I have searched everywhere. I’m going to have to reach out and ask!

• Care
any updates on the status of anyone's application? the last email I received was on 8/4 saying that they received my application that i submitted on 7/23

Did anyone else get the “Secondary Application Received” email?

IS, received Secondary and subbed it both on 8/2, but I haven't gotten an email confirmation that it's been received. Should I be worried?

IS, received Secondary and subbed it both on 8/2, but I haven't gotten an email confirmation that it's been received. Should I be worried?

I’m OOS and submitted after you but received email confirmation so I would maybe reach out.
Emailed them and got a response a couple days ago! They have everything and I got the email :)

so did anyone oos not get a secondary yet?

• Hmm
OOS, secondary received half an hour ago.

IS, received the ‘secondary application received’ email on 8/10, just received the ‘CASPer received’ email today:

This note is to let you know that the Office of Admission at Northeast Ohio Medical University has received your CASPer score. We have added your CASPer score to your application credentials and your credential set is now complete and ready for holistic review.

We will be ranking candidates following holistic screening and offering interview invitations on a rolling basis from late August this fall until February 2022. (Early Decision candidates should look for an update in August/September 2021.)

“If you are invited for an interview, we will notify you of the available interview date(s) via the email address you have used in this supplemental application. This will be the only communication channel used, so please check your email frequently. Be sure to account for any auto-spam filters so we get through as well. We recommend that you list us as a trusted sender if you have that option in your email provider.”

I’ve been checking this thread religiously for updates so I just thought I’d share!!

• Love
IS, received the ‘secondary application received’ email on 8/10, just received the ‘CASPer received’ email today:

This note is to let you know that the Office of Admission at Northeast Ohio Medical University has received your CASPer score. We have added your CASPer score to your application credentials and your credential set is now complete and ready for holistic review.

We will be ranking candidates following holistic screening and offering interview invitations on a rolling basis from late August this fall until February 2022. (Early Decision candidates should look for an update in August/September 2021.)

“If you are invited for an interview, we will notify you of the available interview date(s) via the email address you have used in this supplemental application. This will be the only communication channel used, so please check your email frequently. Be sure to account for any auto-spam filters so we get through as well. We recommend that you list us as a trusted sender if you have that option in your email provider.”

I’ve been checking this thread religiously for updates so I just thought I’d share!!
Got my secondary yesterday, already submitted my CASPer score when I took it, hopefully they send me that email as well. Good luck!

Got my secondary yesterday, already submitted my CASPer score when I took it, hopefully they send me that email as well. Good luck!
Thank you you as well!! Waiting for these emails has been stressful lol.

For anyone wanting a timeline I received my secondary 7/16 submitted my secondary on 8/3 and I took my Casper on 7/8. I did everything early though because I’m doing early decision and according to the website we are supposed to find out about admittance by October 1st, so the timeline/potential interview dates might be different for others!

Thank you you as well!! Waiting for these emails has been stressful lol.

For anyone wanting a timeline I received my secondary 7/16 submitted my secondary on 8/3 and I took my Casper on 7/8. I did everything early though because I’m doing early decision and according to the website we are supposed to find out about admittance by October 1st, so the timeline/potential interview dates might be different for others!
Thanks so much for taking the time to share!! Fingers crossed for you :clap:

• Love

Stats if you don't mind me asking. Am doing early decision as well and am seeing mixed sources about competitive stats lol

Just got the email that my secondary application was received. Is this late to get this email?

Stats if you don't mind me asking. Am doing early decision as well and am seeing mixed sources about competitive stats lol
Not gonna lie they aren’t the best. I was just above a 3.0 in undergrad and when I did my year post-bacc I pulled a 3.8 so it brought my overall up to around 3.3 I think. Took my mcat got a 502 the first time a 505 the second time. I don’t know if they combine them or take the highest or the newest, I’m just hoping everything shows an upward trend them. Holistically I have some stuff on my app that may help explain (but not excuse) my mediocre undergrad stats. I’ll definitely keep updating about the progress of my app if people want to compare with my stats 😅 I’m rooting for everyone and hope everyone hears something soon!!

Just got the email that my secondary application was received. Is this late to get this email?
It probably depends on if you are early decision or not and when you submitted everything. I’m assuming it’s not too late though, it seems that a lot of people are still getting their emails so I wouldn’t worry too much! I think they are just getting a boatload of apps around this time, so it may be taking a little longer to review apps and send out emails.

Did you email [email protected] or a different email?
I called their enrollment services number: (330) 325-6270
Then navigated my way to speak with someone. Email eventually came from a do not reply email, but was written by the director of admissions.

Edit: to clarify, the email listed on MSAR - [email protected] - is no longer in service. When I emailed it initially, I got an automated response. Just calling them is the best way for a timely response. They did say they were dealing with over 3k completed applications at the moment so to be patient.

Not gonna lie they aren’t the best. I was just above a 3.0 in undergrad and when I did my year post-bacc I pulled a 3.8 so it brought my overall up to around 3.3 I think. Took my mcat got a 502 the first time a 505 the second time. I don’t know if they combine them or take the highest or the newest, I’m just hoping everything shows an upward trend them. Holistically I have some stuff on my app that may help explain (but not excuse) my mediocre undergrad stats. I’ll definitely keep updating about the progress of my app if people want to compare with my stats 😅 I’m rooting for everyone and hope everyone hears something soon!!
Don't be hard on yourself. A 3.3 is good and a 505 MCAT is something to be proud of. You scored a good amount above average. I'm rooting for you. I am also applying early decision with a 3.57 and 506. I have several interviews with these stats so just be patient and trust that many people with perfect stats get rejected and more holistic balanced applicants such as yourself get far!

Don't be hard on yourself. A 3.3 is good and a 505 MCAT is something to be proud of. You scored a good amount above average. I'm rooting for you. I am also applying early decision with a 3.57 and 506. I have several interviews with these stats so just be patient and trust that many people with perfect stats get rejected and more holistic balanced applicants such as yourself get far!
oh wow that's awesome that you have several IIs. Congrats. That gives me hope. I bet you must have a heck of a story though. Do you mind sharing which schools you got IIs from?

Isn't early decision binding through? Like I thought you couldn't apply to other schools until after October if you choose ED for one school?

oh wow that's awesome that you have several IIs. Congrats. That gives me hope. I bet you must have a heck of a story though. Do you mind sharing which schools you got IIs from?
I mean my extra curriculars are solid and I have many talents and am a good speaker. But I've noticed alot of premeds have this notion that you need super high stats to have alot of interviews. This is false. My stats are better than alot of people I talk too. Don't give in to the unrepresentative sample on here because most people only post super high stats which leaves many to believe that they are bad. there are plenty of people who have much lower stats than me who get a couple interviews as well I don't want to text too much lol but I just hate how a 65 percentile score and a 3.6 is in need of a "heck of a story".

Isn't early decision binding through? Like I thought you couldn't apply to other schools until after October if you choose ED for one school?
I applied osteopathic as well. I have WVSOM, Pikeville, Edward VCOM, and Lecom Erie interviews this early in the cycle.

I mean my extra curriculars are solid and I have many talents and am a good speaker. But I've noticed alot of premeds have this notion that you need super high stats to have alot of interviews. This is false. My stats are better than alot of people I talk too. Don't give in to the unrepresentative sample on here because most people only post super high stats which leaves many to believe that they are bad. there are plenty of people who have much lower stats than me who get a couple interviews as well I don't want to text too much lol but I just hate how a 65 percentile score and a 3.6 is in need of a "heck of a story".
Fair fair fair. Yeah, I guess I am just getting a bit frustrated, annoyed that when you look on the II Tracker, all the schools are basically cherry-picking the high stats kids and giving them IIs even though there are kids that applied and submitted to the same schools with lower stats (often better fits and essays), and I know some personally. I guess now we play the waiting game. And I definitely know what you mean, I know a couple of people who got interviews to competitive schools without high stats.

Regardless, I am ranting here. Good luck to you.

Absolf
Fair fair fair. Yeah, I guess I am just getting a bit frustrated, annoyed that when you look on the II Tracker, all the schools are basically cherry-picking the high stats kids and giving them IIs even though there are kids that applied and submitted to the same schools with lower stats (often better fits and essays), and I know some personally. I guess now we play the waiting game. And I definitely know what you mean, I know a couple of people who got interviews to competitive schools without high stats.

Regardless, I am ranting here. Good luck to you.
Absolutely man! Good luck to you as well. They will cherry pick right now but it is SUPER EARLY. Alot of those kids will end up going to other schools anyways and open up spots for us later on. Not all of us have rich parents to study 24/7 and get top tier stats and admission committees DO CONSIDER THIS as I have talked to a couple people on boards for different schools! You got this!

Did anyone else just get an email saying they received your CASPer score? I’m a little concerned because my CASPer score was sent to them in June.

Did anyone else just get an email saying they received your CASPer score? I’m a little concerned because my CASPer score was sent to them in June.
Yeah I got the secondary but still haven't received the email saying they received my CASPer score. From what I heard, I know they do things manually so it may take them a while to actually send out the emails.