You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Northeast Ohio
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
randomnamehere77
Full Member
I had my interview today as well!! (EDP) I can second that they were very friendly and inviting. There were some minor technical issues but they weren’t worried about it and were super nice. Good luck to you and everyone else as well!! I’m excited to come back on here in the next few weeks and hopefully see more good news for everyone! 😊Just had my interview today (EDP). My interviewers where very friendly and inviting. They made me feel relaxed within minutes! I wish the best of luck to everyone else that has an interview soon! You all have got this!
Congrats Noya-san!!! Was it open or closed file? Any MMI stuffs?I had my interview today as well!! (EDP) I can second that they were very friendly and inviting. There were some minor technical issues but they weren’t worried about it and were super nice. Good luck to you and everyone else as well!! I’m excited to come back on here in the next few weeks and hopefully see more good news for everyone! 😊
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! When were you complete?Just got a II! Super unexpected- OOS, LizzyM 67.7.
I actually added this school pretty late but I think 8/17!Congrats!!! When were you complete?
edit: Scratch that my casper was added 8/31
Congrats! I have similar stats and am IS. So far I've only received my initial secondary confirmation, and that was a while ago on 8/27..... they said I would receive an email about the next stage of review within a week but I haven't heard anything. What emails did you get after your secondary confirmation?I actually added this school pretty late but I think 8/17!
edit: Scratch that my casper was added 8/31
randomnamehere77
Full Member
It was open and I didn’t have any MMI stuff! It actually felt really short because each interview was only 30 minutes each and they gave you room to ask questions too.Congrats Noya-san!!! Was it open or closed file? Any MMI stuffs?
I didn't receive anything after other than them receiving my casper- in that email it said my application was ready for holistic screening and candidates would be ranked for interview selection on a rolling basis. The only email I got after that was for the interview.Congrats! I have similar stats and am IS. So far I've only received my initial secondary confirmation, and that was a while ago on 8/27..... they said I would receive an email about the next stage of review within a week but I haven't heard anything. What emails did you get after your secondary confirmation?
AgitatedSundae73
Full Member
Anyone know if NEOMED accepts thank you notes post interview?
prideisthedevil
Full Member
Has anyone that is RD and IS received an II yet? Starting to get nervous. 😰
Bruh I haven't even received anything after my initial secondary confirmation. It's been 3 weeks...Has anyone that is RD and IS received an II yet? Starting to get nervous. 😰
refreshingdaily24/7
New Member
SameBruh I haven't even received anything after my initial secondary confirmation. It's been 3 weeks...
I am sure they do, at the end of my two interviews I asked for contact info for thank you letters. PM me.Anyone know if NEOMED accepts thank you notes post interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On the website it says they have regular decision rolling admissions starting in November.I forgot to ask during the interview how long we wait till we get news about acceptance/rejections. Does anyone know or should I email
prideisthedevil
Full Member
What did the email say?Did anyone get that update email today? I thought it was nice of them to check in.
For some of our candidates, it has been a little while since you heard from us at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED). To be honest, the timeframe has been a bit longer than we anticipated compared to expectations we set in an earlier email.What did the email say?
Please know that we are working diligently processing the large volume of secondary applications that arrive through AMCAS. It is almost certain at this point that we will have yet another record high number of candidates for admission this year. Our best intentions of having a processing turnaround time of about a week before notifying candidates of the next processing stage have faded as this surge rolled in.
What I can share is that if you receive this note and if you have taken your CASPer situational judgement test that in all likelihood we have everything we need to complete your application credentials at NEOMED. We are just engaged reviewing your academic metrics and adding CASPer data from Altus Assessments before we send you another update. If we do find any challenges with your application credentials, we’ll certainly reach out to you via this email address.
While we have begun to interview our candidates who applied early and were offered secondary applications shortly thereafter and returned them quickly, we are deliberately saving interview slots proportionate to the number of applications yet to be processed. Because of this practice, we do not anticipate that we will disadvantage any candidates who we would like to interview simply because we are working through the peak processing period. As our interviews are scheduled to run through to February we believe every candidate who submits a secondary application will receive a fair and equitable opportunity to receive an interview with us. While applying to medical school can be a very stressful process that runs the course of many months, please know that our quiet phase working through peak processing season shouldn’t be cause for any anxiety.
Thank you for your patience with us as we work quickly but thoughtfully. We will definitely be in touch!
Sincerely,
Jim Barrett
Director of Admission
Northeast Ohio Medical University
i got another email from them 10 mins later saying they got my CASPer score
prideisthedevil
Full Member
Should I be worried if they received my Casper score 08/24 but I didn’t get this email?For some of our candidates, it has been a little while since you heard from us at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED). To be honest, the timeframe has been a bit longer than we anticipated compared to expectations we set in an earlier email.
Please know that we are working diligently processing the large volume of secondary applications that arrive through AMCAS. It is almost certain at this point that we will have yet another record high number of candidates for admission this year. Our best intentions of having a processing turnaround time of about a week before notifying candidates of the next processing stage have faded as this surge rolled in.
What I can share is that if you receive this note and if you have taken your CASPer situational judgement test that in all likelihood we have everything we need to complete your application credentials at NEOMED. We are just engaged reviewing your academic metrics and adding CASPer data from Altus Assessments before we send you another update. If we do find any challenges with your application credentials, we’ll certainly reach out to you via this email address.
While we have begun to interview our candidates who applied early and were offered secondary applications shortly thereafter and returned them quickly, we are deliberately saving interview slots proportionate to the number of applications yet to be processed. Because of this practice, we do not anticipate that we will disadvantage any candidates who we would like to interview simply because we are working through the peak processing period. As our interviews are scheduled to run through to February we believe every candidate who submits a secondary application will receive a fair and equitable opportunity to receive an interview with us. While applying to medical school can be a very stressful process that runs the course of many months, please know that our quiet phase working through peak processing season shouldn’t be cause for any anxiety.
Thank you for your patience with us as we work quickly but thoughtfully. We will definitely be in touch!
Sincerely,
Jim Barrett
Director of Admission
Northeast Ohio Medical University
I also got my Casper email 8/25 but didn't get an update email todayShould I be worried if they received my Casper score 08/24 but I didn’t get this email?
Omg I just saw it!!! SO glad to hear back, it was very considerate of them!Did anyone get that update email today? I thought it was nice of them to check in.
I thought it was a really thoughtful and considerate email to update applicants on why we haven’t heard back, I wish all medical schools did thisDid anyone get that update email today? I thought it was nice of them to check in.
It may have been for people who are waiting for their Casper email then? Because I haven't gotten that one yetI also got my Casper email 8/25 but didn't get an update email today
I got my CASPer email so you might be right.It may have been for people who are waiting for their Casper email then? Because I haven't gotten that one yet
refreshingdaily24/7
New Member
Anyone else IS and not get the CASPER complete email yet?
Congrats!!! What day were you complete and are you RD?II IS today! LM-74
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed1199
Full Member
II!! OOS, LM 68.8
goatgoat4
Full Member
RD and 8/2Congrats!!! What day were you complete and are you RD?
prideisthedevil
Full Member
Do we think there will be additional IS & RD interviews this week? 😅
Got interview sept 9th! IS, RD
kaylaMyDear
Full Member
How did it go?Got interview sept 9th! IS, RD
prideisthedevil
Full Member
Congrats!! Stats? When were you complete?Got interview sept 9th! IS, RD
Congratulations!! Stats?Received an II this morning. IS, RD, complete 8/23
kaylaMyDear
Full Member
Congratulations. When did you receive a complete email ?II Received today! OOS with Ohio ties. LM 69. Complete 8/19. Very excited!
Oddly enough I received the complete email about 30 minutes before the II email. But I know my file was complete long before then so kind of weird!Congratulations. When did you receive a complete email ?
zazogettinghisbread
Full Member
Did anyone here get a II here with a low CASPER score?
you don't receive a casper score so how could anyone know?Did anyone here get a II here with a low CASPER score?
D
deleted1108356
You don't receive the exact percentile, but you do receive the quartile score approximately a month after your test date.you don't receive a casper score so how could anyone know?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im in the 2nd quartile and got a IIDid anyone here get a II here with a low CASPER score?
randomnamehere77
Full Member
Hey everyone!! I’m ED with a 1st quartile Casper score and I just got my acceptance email from neomed!! I’m super excited and couldn’t thank everyone enough for answering questions, keeping me calm, and giving me hope on this thread throughout these past few months. I’m rooting for all my fellow RDs that you hear some good news this week as well!
Congratulations! I also just got my acceptance! EDP, 1st quartile casper score, 501 MCAT and 3.98 GPA. From Northeast Ohio.Hey everyone!! I’m ED with a 1st quartile Casper score and I just got my acceptance email from neomed!! I’m super excited and couldn’t thank everyone enough for answering questions, keeping me calm, and giving me hope on this thread throughout these past few months. I’m rooting for all my fellow RDs that you hear some good news this week as well!
randomnamehere77
Full Member
Hey future classmate, congrats!!!!!Congratulations! I also just got my acceptance! EDP, 1st quartile casper score, 501 MCAT and 3.98 GPA. From Northeast Ohio.
OscillationX
Full Member
II just now!! IS, ORM, complete 8/24. So excited!
Last edited: