2021-2022 Northeast Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think the AAMC gateway portals don't actually have updates or anything else. As in once you submit, you won't find anything else if you login again, and those schools will mostly communicate via email, from my experience. I don't bother checking the gateway portals, only amp ones.
Thanks for the reply! I haven't submitted my secondary yet, that's why I'm a little confused.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the reply! I haven't submitted my secondary yet, that's why I'm a little confused.
Oh boy, I hope your link didn't expire or something... I would reach out to them if it's still not available.

Did anyone have any issues with their applicant gateway? Whenever I log in, it just shows me a blank page/dashboard with a link "learn more" that directs me to NEOMED's website.
For anyone who has this issue in the future - email Mr. Barrett (he's on the reply-to part of the secondary email and also the director of admissions); he replied very quickly and was super helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh boy, I hope your link didn't expire or something... I would reach out to them if it's still not available.
Thanks! It seems like it was an error on their part. I reached out to them and it has been fixed.

Reactions: 1 user
Just had my interview today (EDP). My interviewers where very friendly and inviting. They made me feel relaxed within minutes! I wish the best of luck to everyone else that has an interview soon! You all have got this!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just had my interview today (EDP). My interviewers where very friendly and inviting. They made me feel relaxed within minutes! I wish the best of luck to everyone else that has an interview soon! You all have got this!
I had my interview today as well!! (EDP) I can second that they were very friendly and inviting. There were some minor technical issues but they weren’t worried about it and were super nice. Good luck to you and everyone else as well!! I’m excited to come back on here in the next few weeks and hopefully see more good news for everyone! 😊

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I had my interview today as well!! (EDP) I can second that they were very friendly and inviting. There were some minor technical issues but they weren’t worried about it and were super nice. Good luck to you and everyone else as well!! I’m excited to come back on here in the next few weeks and hopefully see more good news for everyone! 😊
Congrats Noya-san!!! Was it open or closed file? Any MMI stuffs?

• Love
Just got a II! Super unexpected- OOS, LizzyM 67.7.

• Love
I actually added this school pretty late but I think 8/17!

edit: Scratch that my casper was added 8/31
Congrats! I have similar stats and am IS. So far I've only received my initial secondary confirmation, and that was a while ago on 8/27..... they said I would receive an email about the next stage of review within a week but I haven't heard anything. What emails did you get after your secondary confirmation?

Congrats Noya-san!!! Was it open or closed file? Any MMI stuffs?
It was open and I didn’t have any MMI stuff! It actually felt really short because each interview was only 30 minutes each and they gave you room to ask questions too.

Congrats! I have similar stats and am IS. So far I've only received my initial secondary confirmation, and that was a while ago on 8/27..... they said I would receive an email about the next stage of review within a week but I haven't heard anything. What emails did you get after your secondary confirmation?
I didn't receive anything after other than them receiving my casper- in that email it said my application was ready for holistic screening and candidates would be ranked for interview selection on a rolling basis. The only email I got after that was for the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that is RD and IS received an II yet? Starting to get nervous. 😰

• Care
I forgot to ask during the interview how long we wait till we get news about acceptance/rejections. Does anyone know or should I email

I forgot to ask during the interview how long we wait till we get news about acceptance/rejections. Does anyone know or should I email
On the website it says they have regular decision rolling admissions starting in November.

Did anyone get that update email today? I thought it was nice of them to check in.

Reactions: 11 users
What did the email say?
For some of our candidates, it has been a little while since you heard from us at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED). To be honest, the timeframe has been a bit longer than we anticipated compared to expectations we set in an earlier email.

Please know that we are working diligently processing the large volume of secondary applications that arrive through AMCAS. It is almost certain at this point that we will have yet another record high number of candidates for admission this year. Our best intentions of having a processing turnaround time of about a week before notifying candidates of the next processing stage have faded as this surge rolled in.

What I can share is that if you receive this note and if you have taken your CASPer situational judgement test that in all likelihood we have everything we need to complete your application credentials at NEOMED. We are just engaged reviewing your academic metrics and adding CASPer data from Altus Assessments before we send you another update. If we do find any challenges with your application credentials, we’ll certainly reach out to you via this email address.

While we have begun to interview our candidates who applied early and were offered secondary applications shortly thereafter and returned them quickly, we are deliberately saving interview slots proportionate to the number of applications yet to be processed. Because of this practice, we do not anticipate that we will disadvantage any candidates who we would like to interview simply because we are working through the peak processing period. As our interviews are scheduled to run through to February we believe every candidate who submits a secondary application will receive a fair and equitable opportunity to receive an interview with us. While applying to medical school can be a very stressful process that runs the course of many months, please know that our quiet phase working through peak processing season shouldn’t be cause for any anxiety.

Thank you for your patience with us as we work quickly but thoughtfully. We will definitely be in touch!

Sincerely,

Jim Barrett

Director of Admission

Northeast Ohio Medical University

i got another email from them 10 mins later saying they got my CASPer score

For some of our candidates, it has been a little while since you heard from us at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED). To be honest, the timeframe has been a bit longer than we anticipated compared to expectations we set in an earlier email.

Please know that we are working diligently processing the large volume of secondary applications that arrive through AMCAS. It is almost certain at this point that we will have yet another record high number of candidates for admission this year. Our best intentions of having a processing turnaround time of about a week before notifying candidates of the next processing stage have faded as this surge rolled in.

What I can share is that if you receive this note and if you have taken your CASPer situational judgement test that in all likelihood we have everything we need to complete your application credentials at NEOMED. We are just engaged reviewing your academic metrics and adding CASPer data from Altus Assessments before we send you another update. If we do find any challenges with your application credentials, we’ll certainly reach out to you via this email address.

While we have begun to interview our candidates who applied early and were offered secondary applications shortly thereafter and returned them quickly, we are deliberately saving interview slots proportionate to the number of applications yet to be processed. Because of this practice, we do not anticipate that we will disadvantage any candidates who we would like to interview simply because we are working through the peak processing period. As our interviews are scheduled to run through to February we believe every candidate who submits a secondary application will receive a fair and equitable opportunity to receive an interview with us. While applying to medical school can be a very stressful process that runs the course of many months, please know that our quiet phase working through peak processing season shouldn’t be cause for any anxiety.

Thank you for your patience with us as we work quickly but thoughtfully. We will definitely be in touch!

Sincerely,

Jim Barrett

Director of Admission

Northeast Ohio Medical University
Should I be worried if they received my Casper score 08/24 but I didn’t get this email?

Did anyone get that update email today? I thought it was nice of them to check in.
Omg I just saw it!!! SO glad to hear back, it was very considerate of them!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I thought it was a really thoughtful and considerate email to update applicants on why we haven’t heard back, I wish all medical schools did this

I also got my Casper email 8/25 but didn't get an update email today
It may have been for people who are waiting for their Casper email then? Because I haven't gotten that one yet

Just got offered my first interview of the cycle! OOS LM score 66!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Received an II this morning. IS, RD, complete 8/23

II Received today! OOS with Ohio ties. LM 69. Complete 8/19. Very excited!

• Love
Congratulations. When did you receive a complete email ?
Oddly enough I received the complete email about 30 minutes before the II email. But I know my file was complete long before then so kind of weird!

you don't receive a casper score so how could anyone know?
You don't receive the exact percentile, but you do receive the quartile score approximately a month after your test date.