2021-2022 Northeast Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else just get an email saying they received your CASPer score? I’m a little concerned because my CASPer score was sent to them in June.
I just got the email as well. When I called them earlier in the month about not getting a confirmation email, they said they were busy processing a lot of secondaries at once but that they received everything so I suppose we just have to wait. They'll put out their ranked list soon pretty sure.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the email as well. When I called them earlier in the month about not getting a confirmation email, they said they were busy processing a lot of secondaries at once but that they received everything so I suppose we just have to wait. They'll put out their ranked list soon pretty sure.
Hmm I still haven't received my Casper confirmation... And it was sent well over a month ago. What is the "ranked list" by the way?

Hmm I still haven't received my Casper confirmation... And it was sent well over a month ago. What is the "ranked list" by the way?

This is what I was looking at, and my bad. I don't think they have a ranked list, I think this thread was just describing the waitlist for the school. (I was looking at "WL movement" and thought "oh, there must be a place where they can see it", my error.)

Members don't see this ad :)
"We will be ranking candidates following holistic screening and offering interview invitations on a rolling basis from late August this fall until February 2022. (Early Decision candidates should look for an update in August/September 2021.)"

This is from the email they sent about getting the CASPer. I don't think RD candidates have gotten anything about II's just yet but the last business days/weekdays of August are coming up next week. Fingers crossed everyone! Hopefully everyone in this thread starts hearing back starting Monday!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who got the secondary reviewed email on 8/18 or later get a CASPer email yet?

"We will be ranking candidates following holistic screening and offering interview invitations on a rolling basis from late August this fall until February 2022. (Early Decision candidates should look for an update in August/September 2021.)"
Yay!! Thanks for posting this for us :clap:

• Care

This is from the email they sent about getting the CASPer. I don't think RD candidates have gotten anything about II's just yet but the last business days/weekdays of August are coming up next week. Fingers crossed everyone! Hopefully everyone in this thread starts hearing back starting Monday!!!
Starting to get cold feet now just waiting for tomorrow to roll around. Even if it's not for me, I'm just itching to see the interview invites for NEOMED. This year's interview tracker doesn't even have any for NEOMED. I'm praying that I'll be right back here tomorrow popping off for some of you in the thread!!!

Reactions: 1 users
does neomed accept pre-II updates?
I don't think they do. It's not available on their application portal, and I also don't think they take updates via email, although I don't see a place where that's explicitly said.

II received!!! OOS, 509, 3.5x. No ties to Ohio but very excited about this school!

• Love
II received!!! OOS, 509, 3.5x. No ties to Ohio but very excited about this school!

Did I call it or did I call it? (though I'm certain I'm not the only one who noticed it lol)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What day were you complete and what quartile was your CASPer?

Members don't see this ad :)
@pinkcat @kaylaMyDear @MDMC1996 @Conics98

Thank you guys!!! To answer your questions (wow I feel like a celebrity doing a press conference or something LOL):

I was regular decision, my casper was the 50th-75th percentile one, yes I got the email saying they received my casper three days ago, and I submitted my secondary on 8/15
I doubt I'm the first one, there are probably tons of applicants not on SDN!

• Love
Thank you guys!!! To answer your questions (wow I feel like a celebrity doing a press conference or something LOL):

I was regular decision, my casper was the 50th-75th percentile one, yes I got the email saying they received my casper three days ago, and I submitted my secondary on 8/15
I doubt I'm the first one, there are probably tons of applicants not on SDN!
Being the first one on SDN makes you a celebrity! Also the interview tracker for this cycle doesn't have any NEOMED ones either, considering this is probably the first day of IIs for them. (actually wait I think I see you on there now haha). I got that CASPer email same day as you then! What days were they offering you interviews?

Being the first one on SDN makes you a celebrity! Also the interview tracker for this cycle doesn't have any NEOMED ones either, considering this is probably the first day of IIs for them. (actually wait I think I see you on there now haha). I got that CASPer email same day as you then! What days were they offering you interviews?
Haha yeah that was me slightly fudging my exact gpas because I'm scared someone will find me😂 IIRC the days offered were a lot of Tuesdays and Thursdays and a few Wednesdays. I chose an early October date but there were some September ones too!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!🥳 That’s so exciting to hear! Thanks for keeping all of us updated too. Tbh this is the nicest/most wholesome medical school thread I’ve seen, everyone is so encouraging and willing to share their info. Hopefully everyone else will hear back soon too! I hope your interview goes well

CONGRATULATIONS!!!🥳 That’s so exciting to hear! Thanks for keeping all of us updated too. Tbh this is the nicest/most wholesome medical school thread I’ve seen, everyone is so encouraging and willing to share their info. Hopefully everyone else will hear back soon too! I hope your interview goes well
Thank you! I totally agree, this thread has been so supportive! Maybe we'll all be classmates next year :)

just got an II today. I am OOS, URM, 3.6 GPA, 512 MCAT, first quartile casper! super exciting!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
just got an II today. I am OOS, URM, 3.6 GPA, 512 MCAT, first quartile casper! super exciting!
Congrats!!! This gives me hope as a fellow first quartiler.

This is my first MD II!!! I am OOS with no ties, 2nd quartile casper, 503 MCAT, and URM. I applied to 20 DO schools and then 6 MD schools as a reach. Very nervous with my chances looking at the matriculant stats. Guess my application is being received super well because I already have IIs to 4 DO schools too.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
This is my first MD II!!! I am OOS with no ties, 2nd quartile casper, 503 MCAT, and URM. I applied to 20 DO schools and then 6 MD schools as a reach. Very nervous with my chances looking at the matriculant stats. Guess my application is being received super well because I already have IIs to 4 DO schools too.
Congrats!!! Yeah it looks like they're first doing OOS people before they handle Ohio II's. Keep the ball rolling!

Nice that's great!

congratulations!!!! :) do you mind sharing when you received your casper email?
I received an email from NEOMED today saying they received my casper score and got the interview later in the day!

II received yesterday! OOS with a passion for rural and underserved medicine

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
II received yesterday! OOS with a passion for rural and underserved medicine
Congratulations to you and the other folks who received IIs!! I'm IS with tons of underserved service experience so I'm hoping I get noticed! Haven't received my Casper email yet though...

So is it confirmed that they are starting with OOS because I have competitive stats as well and am IS.

Congratulations to you and the other folks who received IIs!! I'm IS with tons of underserved service experience so I'm hoping I get noticed! Haven't received my Casper email yet though...
I see you throughout the forums. You're awesome and I hope they give you the notice that you deserve! You got this!

• Care
I grew up super close to NEOMED so I've kinda had the university shoved down my throat my whole life. Take my words with a grain of salt because I'm just A Dude on The Internet With an Opinion (tm) but I know NEOMED doesn't expect OOS people to choose them: it's mad expensive, there are better options for med schools if you're not from the area, and their mission revolves around serving Northeast Ohio (it was created because NE OH was severely lacking PCPs and needed a way to churn out as many PCPs for the region as possible, although it doesn't hold up as much these days). My guess is that they're interviewing OOS people now and later on in the cycle, they'll find other schools which frees up the amount of spots they can readily give IS people. Don't forget, it's still a public university, and heck they WANT IS people to apply ED.

Basically for OOS, it's the epitome of "get accepted to a safety net school early, matriculate somewhere else when the opportunity arises." For fellow IS peeps, I'm predicting that we don't need to worry. They aren't just ignoring us, you'll get your II soon enough.

• Care
I grew up super close to NEOMED so I've kinda had the university shoved down my throat my whole life. Take my words with a grain of salt because I'm just A Dude on The Internet With an Opinion (tm) but I know NEOMED doesn't expect OOS people to choose them: it's mad expensive, there are better options for med schools if you're not from the area, and their mission revolves around serving Northeast Ohio (it was created because NE OH was severely lacking PCPs and needed a way to churn out as many PCPs for the region as possible, although it doesn't hold up as much these days). My guess is that they're interviewing OOS people now and later on in the cycle, they'll find other schools which frees up the amount of spots they can readily give IS people. Don't forget, it's still a public university, and heck they WANT IS people to apply ED.

Basically for OOS, it's the epitome of "get accepted to a safety net school early, matriculate somewhere else when the opportunity arises." For fellow IS peeps, I'm predicting that we don't need to worry. They aren't just ignoring us, you'll get your II soon enough.
So in your opinion, do you believe early decision is as much as an advantage as they say it is?

I GOT MY INTERVIEW EMAIL WOOOO!! early decision, 505 mcat, 3.3ish gpa, first quartile Casper, IS. The amount of stress off my shoulders today hahaha

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Interview invitation received! EDP and Ohio resident! I was wait listed through the regular admission cycle last year so I am hoping for better luck this time!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone not received the CASPer email yet? I submitted my secondary end of August and I haven’t gotten anything yet.

Has anyone not received the CASPer email yet? I submitted my secondary end of August and I haven’t gotten anything yet.
Same! I was complete around that same time, and I received the secondary confirmation email about a week ago.

Is there a certain amount of EDP they accept or do we just get the advantage and get accepted earlier?

So in your opinion, do you believe early decision is as much as an advantage as they say it is?
I mean MSAR says "extra consideration" so yes it's about as much of an advantage so you're not fighting with other IS people when the time comes for a spot. That said, looks like some IS people are getting them now! Congrats to you guys and quite frankly I'm glad I was jinxed hehe

I GOT MY INTERVIEW EMAIL WOOOO!! early decision, 505 mcat, 3.3ish gpa, first quartile Casper, IS. The amount of stress off my shoulders today hahaha
Congrats!!! What days were you guys complete and when did you get your CASPer email from them?

also @randomnamehere77 I hope you tackle the interview with Nishinoya's level of confidence!!! ROOOLLLLLLLINGGGG

THUUUUUUUNNNDERRRRRR

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!!! What days were you guys complete and when did you get your CASPer email from them?

also @randomnamehere77 I hope you tackle the interview with Nishinoya's level of confidence!!! ROOOLLLLLLLINGGGG

THUUUUUUUNNNDERRRRRR
Thank you so much!! And the noya reference that just made my day 🤣🤣 I’m gonna remember that randomly in the interview and just start laughing lol

For a timeline I took my Casper on 7/8, got my secondary 7/15, submitted my secondary 8/3, my secondary was received on 8/10, and my Casper was received/app complete and ready for review on 8/24.

as EDP my interview date is in the second week of September!

Last edited:
are the interviews open file or no? Kinda confused

• Wow
are the interviews open file or no? Kinda confused
I’m not sure. The only thing stated in the email is that it’s over zoom and conversational. I would think it’s open file so they can tailor the questions to each individual and because they did say that each file is under holistic review but I have no idea.

any additional IS interviews today? getting real anxious :cryi:
Seems the vast majority of IS IIs so far are ED, so if you're RD don't worry too hard. We'll start getting more after Labor Day or at least by the end of September.

Did anyone have any issues with their applicant gateway? Whenever I log in, it just shows me a blank page/dashboard with a link "learn more" that directs me to NEOMED's website.

Did anyone have any issues with their applicant gateway? Whenever I log in, it just shows me a blank page/dashboard with a link "learn more" that directs me to NEOMED's website.
I think the AAMC gateway portals don't actually have updates or anything else. As in once you submit, you won't find anything else if you login again, and those schools will mostly communicate via email, from my experience. I don't bother checking the gateway portals, only amp ones.