2021-2022 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM Clearwater)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I agree with that, but I feel like most of the med schools rejected me cuz of my gpa even tho it was above 3.0. I had 3.3-3.4 gpa and 508 (129/123/126/130) MCAT. It's not good enough anymore. lol

Also, I applied late in aug/sept to DO schools. I haven't heard back from the Touro colleges yet either. I've just been reevaluating my options. I know Caribbean schools are not a safe option, but I had been considering Ross recently. I am still waiting till March and April to see how it goes. Compared to Ross, doing Nova's postbacc program didn't seem like a bad idea because I wouldn't be gambling money for no chance of residency after graduating a carribbean school vs. any MD/DO school in the US.
I was accepted here with a 500 MCAT, I would not lose hope. If anything, I would enroll in Nova's postbacc program if this is your #1 school. Stay clear of Caribbean schools if you can, you got this!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
After interviewing for 3 other schools, this is still my #1! What is everyone else thinking? I believe the "bad reputation" that this school has is very dependent on the type of student you are, and board scores are highly personal. The residency placements here are phenomenal, no denying that.

Reactions: 2 users
I think med school is always going to be tough no matter where you are, and this school just doesn't like to handhold their students. If the school matches your goals and has a strong placement in a location you want to be, I don't think u should be dissuaded. I'm interested in pursuing psych, and nova has its own residency program for that, and it's near where I want to eventually practice. I'm a bit nervous since there hasn't been waitlist movement like previous years, but hopefully the time will come

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please explain the timing of the terms? Is there a summer break?

Can someone please explain the timing of the terms? Is there a summer break?
A little different than other schools from what I've seen on how the breaks are layed out. Theres Fall, Winter (Spring), and Summer terms. Fall is August-November, then pretty much all of December is off for winter break. Come back in January, and until end of April have Winter (Spring) term. Get a couple days off then start back for the Summer term which is May-June, and get ~4 weeks off after that.

Reactions: 2 users
A little different than other schools from what I've seen on how the breaks are layed out. Theres Fall, Winter (Spring), and Summer terms. Fall is August-November, then pretty much all of December is off for winter break. Come back in January, and until end of April have Winter (Spring) term. Get a couple days off then start back for the Summer term which is May-June, and get ~4 weeks off after that.
So basically, their "summer break" is more of a December and August break?

Is there a page that has interview feedback and practice questions for Nova Southeastern? If so, could someone please post the link? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
So basically, their "summer break" is more of a December and August break?
December and *July, yes. Makes it more challenging to do research and I've heard from those doing HPSP they've had to work around it, but I personally liked having a month off between semesters.
Is there a page that has interview feedback and practice questions for Nova Southeastern? If so, could someone please post the link? Thanks!

Hey everyone!

I'm a current M1 at KPCOM (even though I'm over in davie) and just wanted to say my inbox is open in case anyone has any questions about he school the alternate list (I was on it then accepted later) or legit anything!

Good luck on your applications/interviews/life!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone!

I'm a current M1 at KPCOM (even though I'm over in davie) and just wanted to say my inbox is open in case anyone has any questions about he school the alternate list (I was on it then accepted later) or legit anything!

I am going to ask this here so others can view the response! For the 2021-2022 budget the quoted 14 K for school supplies. Do you think that is accurate or much more than a student will need?

I am going to ask this here so others can view the response! For the 2021-2022 budget the quoted 14 K for school supplies. Do you think that is accurate or much more than a student will need?
Also a current M1, but at Clearwater. I haven't spent a cent on textbooks, all of our books are provided for free on the online library, all you are required to purchase is an iPad. It's safe to say that NOVA's student budget is grossly inflated, I think they budget for you spending 2000+/month on room and board when you can easily find places below that range.

Reactions: 3 users
Just received an interview invite but I will be declining! Hope one of y'all get it!
3.5 505 OOS stats

Members don't see this ad :)
uh so I am pretty sure I got rejected from here but I also just got an interview invite today....... not complaining but wonder if it is a mistake

What was your rejection letter like? I wonder if it was not a true rejection
Before --> "The Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM) Committee on Admissions has reviewed your application to the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) Program. On behalf of the committee, I regret to inform you that your application will no longer be considered for the current application cycle."

Today --> "On behalf of the Committee on Admissions at Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine, I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected to interview as a candidate for the 2022 Entering Class"

Before --> "The Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM) Committee on Admissions has reviewed your application to the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) Program. On behalf of the committee, I regret to inform you that your application will no longer be considered for the current application cycle."

Today --> "On behalf of the Committee on Admissions at Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine, I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected to interview as a candidate for the 2022 Entering Class"
Oh my god!! Im so jealous LOL. Im sure that was so nice to see :)

Oh my god!! Im so jealous LOL. Im sure that was so nice to see :)
Congratulations!

congrats!!!:)

• Care
Hey everyone! I’m a current M1 at TBR, inbox me if you have any questions! Good luck!

Interviewed last week on Jan 25th and accepted today!!!

Hey everyone!

Hello!
When were you pulled off the waitlist? Do you know how the waitlist works in terms of applicants being accepted? Did you send an LOI that you think helped the ultimate decision? This is my top choice in medical school programs, and I have been considering sending a letter of intent.

Thank you!

Hey everyone!

Hi! I just got accepted! What made yo choose davie over tampa? Im from OOS so I'm not too sure which campus is better

Hey everyone! I’m a current M1 at TBR, inbox me if you have any questions! Good luck!
Hi! I just got accepted! What made yo choose davie over tampa? Im from OOS so I'm not too sure which campus is better

Got the A yesterday !!!!!! First A of the cycle, 3rd time re-applicant (although first time applicant to Nova). Interviewed 1/20. Beyond ecstatic.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! I’m at TBR. If you want to hear about TBR I am more than happy to talk more about it

Hello!
When were you pulled off the waitlist? Do you know how the waitlist works in terms of applicants being accepted? Did you send an LOI that you think helped the ultimate decision? This is my top choice in medical school programs, and I have been considering sending a letter of intent.

Thank you!
Hey there!!

I actually have no idea how the waitlist works haha! I sent over updates and got accepted about a month or two after being on the list (so pretty early!) Overall it moved a lot in December and then there was more movement after all the interviews ended! towards that time they gave a call saying they you are next and if you still want to wait on the list and most people got their A a day or so later!!

I say if this is your top school go ahead and send your LOI and updates! Having admissions know who you are (in a good way!!) and that you're interested is never a bad thing in my opinion!

Hi there!

I chose the Davie campus because I liked the fact that it was on the same location as the undergraduate campus and the different opportunities they had to offer! Also I have family that lives close by so that was an added bonus!!

I don't think there is a "better" campus it all depends on the type of person you are! The tampa campus is beautiful and newer but for some reason the davie campus felt more "home" like to me!

If you have any specific questions about the campus feel free to ask!

Anyone know when waitlist movement starts picking up?

Interviewed 11/11 and got alt list on 12/16, 3.55/512/OOS w/ties

Wondering if I should send them an update letter + where I would send it?

Anyone know when waitlist movement starts picking up?

Interviewed 11/11 and got alt list on 12/16, 3.55/512/OOS w/ties

Wondering if I should send them an update letter + where I would send it?
Probably picks up around late April/early May. Previous years it started around mid December, but that didn't happen this cycle. You can update them via emailing admissions and they can put it in your file.

Complete silence since july, emailed in jan asking for an update they said im still under review. Do they ghost people as a rejection?

Complete silence since july, emailed in jan asking for an update they said im still under review. Do they ghost people as a rejection?
They def rejected me officially when I applied back in November lol

Just got II today, OOS and complete the first day of the cycle. Guess they're still sending them out!

Kind of related to this thread: has anyone here been accepted to the CHPP program?

I don’t think your GPA is too too low. I hate to say this…but I think your 123 CARS score is probably not helping you, and I’d have to see the rest of your app. I am sure you’re a strong candidate and maybe you’re just missing something. However don’t lose faith my friend. You are so worthy of this and it will come to you, I promise!!! Keep pushing and don’t give up. If you want me to look over your app at all (I was accepted here w/ a LizzyM 67) let me know. I wish you success.
Hi there!

I chose the Davie campus because I liked the fact that it was on the same location as the undergraduate campus and the different opportunities they had to offer! Also I have family that lives close by so that was an added bonus!!

I don't think there is a "better" campus it all depends on the type of person you are! The tampa campus is beautiful and newer but for some reason the davie campus felt more "home" like to me!

If you have any specific questions about the campus feel free to ask!
OMS-II: Ft. Lauderdale campus does offer more club-related opportunities simply because they are surrounded by more NOVA-associated faculty practicing in the area. Not a big deciding factor, but it does affect shadowing and research opportunities. Tampa does not have equal access to research. It’s just much easier when you’re in person when trying to get into a research group with the more established professors. Davie is arguably a better campus choice, but I still would pick Tampa again since I live here anyways.

OMS-II: Ft. Lauderdale campus does offer more club-related opportunities simply because they are surrounded by more NOVA-associated faculty practicing in the area. Not a big deciding factor, but it does affect shadowing and research opportunities. Tampa does not have equal access to research. It’s just much easier when you’re in person when trying to get into a research group with the more established professors. Davie is arguably a better campus choice, but I still would pick Tampa again since I live here anyways.
Sorry for the dual reply, phone messed up.

Got the A yesterday !!!!!! First A of the cycle, 3rd time re-applicant (although first time applicant to Nova). Interviewed 1/20. Beyond ecstatic.
I’m in the same boat as you (first acceptance, 3rd time reapplicant, and first time Nova applicant). Congrats!

people who interviewed after my group are hearing back so fast, congrats to those who were accepted btw!
Has anyone from the january 27th group heard back?

people who interviewed after my group are hearing back so fast, congrats to those who were accepted btw!
I was thinking the same thing! Interviewed 27th and silence...so not sure if this is like a waitlist thing happening? But idk morale got low lol

Hey guys! I think they’re talking about the post bac program not the medical school interviews