2021-2022 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II today!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS II today! This is my third time applying and I am just in disbelief

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Interviewed week of October 25th, still haven't heard anything or seen any updates on my portal.
I sent an email requesting an update and got an automated email stating I can expect a response in up to 15 business days.
When our portal gets updated, does the "PLEASE NOTE" text disappear and get replaced with a "hold", "rejection" or "acceptance"? What does it look like?

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed week of October 25th, still haven't heard anything or seen any updates on my portal.
I sent an email requesting an update and got an automated email stating I can expect a response in up to 15 business days.
When our portal gets updated, does the "PLEASE NOTE" text disappear and get replaced with a "hold", "rejection" or "acceptance"? What does it look like?

This was my only ii and I'm getting depressed...
It's pretty clear when it changes. The first purple box will change to Decision: Accepted/Hold/Rejected with the date listed after. I also got an email saying my portal status had been updated.

hide-the-pain-harold-meme-decada-encuesta-imgur-2020.jpg

That is all.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
I refresh this page so often, I don’t know how to wait until April…

Reactions: 1 user
I'm no longer sure that I actually interviewed here, let alone applied

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
I guess I’ll just keep making memes till they update me..
1642557787465.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here’s hoping one on one interviewers show up to the committee meeting this week 🤞🤞🤞

Also, PSA:
My II email states that the week of 1.30.2022 is the last week of interviews available. I am IS applying regular-MD.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Also, PSA:
My II email states that the week of 1.30.2022 is the last week of regular MD interviews for this cycle
Wowowow that is early?? What does it mean by regular MD interviews?
I know people who interviewed in March and got in w/o waitlist..

Reactions: 1 user
What about for people that don’t meet their special requirements? It said they don’t start considering us until March…

Not me reading this as a mission group applicant who has had absolute radio silence from OHSU 🙃
My friend that got in interviewed in March actually fit in multiple mission groups. You will get there, good luck!!

Got an II today for MD/MPH. The dates are for mid-February. They say it's the last interview week for MD/MPH but I don't see anything regarding IS/OOS MD admissions

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Have all acceptances for MD come on Tuesdays? Committee meets Thursdays but seems like they release A/R/H the following Tues?

Last edited:
I'm aware of IS applicants who received II this week for regular MD interview mid-February
My II email listed Feb 1st as the only available interview date to pick and stated "Please note that this is the last interview week available and if you cannot come on these dates I will add you to a waitlist for any other spots that may open up." Maybe the mid February dates were already booked when my II was sent out today.

Damn, so this is probably it for IS II’s?

Dang so they done with MD/MPH... sadness :(

I'm assuming regular MD as in mission based
Sorry, I typed that in-between patents at work and I was unclear. My II email listed only one interview day available and stated "Please note that this is the last interview week available and if you cannot come on these dates I will add you to a waitlist for any other spots that may open up." The email just said that was the last week available for interviews, but I inferred it meant for people in my situation [i.e. IS regular MD (not dual-degree)]. I forgot abut the different timelines for mission and non-mission based. Hope that provides some clarity.

Reactions: 1 users
IS interviewed 12/7, nothing from OHSU yet.

Here to vent, first cycle for me.
No updates on app at 6wks and it feels kinda doomed haha. I check every day

MCAT 516, GPA 3.91
~400-500 clinical hours
I’m 21 so I feel like they’re gonna reject me due to age/lack of experience. Thoughts? I felt like interview went well. From the thread I’m starting to realize OHSU is slow so I’m not terribly worried but I’m terribly worried.

IS interviewed 12/7, nothing from OHSU yet.

Here to vent, first cycle for me.
No updates on app at 6wks and it feels kinda doomed haha. I check every day

MCAT 516, GPA 3.91
~400-500 clinical hours
I’m 21 so I feel like they’re gonna reject me due to age/lack of experience. Thoughts? I felt like interview went well. From the thread I’m starting to realize OHSU is slow so I’m not terribly worried but I’m terribly worried.

Many people from early Oct. interviews haven't heard back yet because OHSU doesn't go chronologically for post-II decisions, it's based on when your interviewer is available to attend the committee meeting so no reason to worry yet. Also, from what I've heard about past years, most OHSU decisions are sent in March. :) Hope this helps.

Reactions: 3 users
n = 2. I also got my acceptance on a Tuesday.
I went through last year's thread yesterday and checked the day of the reported A's (I know I'm crazy) and the A days seemed to be equal(ish) amounts of Tuesdays and Fridays plus like one A on a random Monday

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Many people from early Oct. interviews haven't heard back yet because OHSU doesn't go chronologically for post-II decisions, it's based on when your interviewer is available to attend the committee meeting so no reason to worry yet. Also, from what I've heard about past years, most OHSU decisions are sent in March. :) Hope this helps.
Helps a bunch, I just got put on hold by OHSU (Interviewed 12/7/21, Hold 1/24) so I guess it’s more nail biting until 4/30. Hopefully an A or I get to bite my nails till august haha

• Care
Interviewed 11/1 and also got put into the hold pool today. Guess I have to start a just-in-case reapp :(

• Care
Interviewed 11/1 and also got put into the hold pool today. Guess I have to start a just-in-case reapp :(
I'm sorry to hear that, but at least you still have a good chance since OHSU puts so many people on hold! Did you get an email or just happen to check the portal?

I'm sorry to hear that, but at least you still have a good chance since OHSU puts so many people on hold! Did you get an email or just happen to check the portal?
Just obsessively checking the portal, same old same old 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted. I can't believe it's real. I haven't stopped crying/wheezing since I heard this morning. Thank you for being such a supportive thread y'all. <3

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
So they didn't send a mass email? They are sending it in waves? I thought they don't start looking at OOS people for II until like Feb/March?