2021-2022 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who sent thank you letters, did you send physical letters to Kari? Or did you just send an email? I’m just confused because she made it seem like we could send physical letters but then didn’t supply us with an address?
Email! She forwards them on. :)

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who sent thank you letters, did you send physical letters to Kari? Or did you just send an email? I’m just confused because she made it seem like we could send physical letters but then didn’t supply us with an address?
Well…I didn’t realize we were supposed to email them. I wasn’t sure where to send mine and I knew the name of the guy who interviewed me…so I did some googling and ended up sending a physical card to his office.

Interviewed 10/28. Still waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Portal, my old friend,
I've come to check my app again.
Patiently, I am still waiting.
Is my application still stagnating?
And, the vision that I dream of every day?
Oh, just that A...
But, alas, it's the sound of silence.

Another login on my phone.
Refresh the screen. Sad trombone.
Beneath the halo of the white screen lamp
are purple boxes coldly staring back.
Yet my eyes search around for the signs of a good update.
Try not to hate.
And, just accept the sound of silence.

And, in the naked light I saw
ten-thousand apps, maybe more.
Some speak Spanish and Portuguese.
A LizzyM of ninety-three.
People writing statements with flourish uncompared!
Agape, I stared...
At another lonely round of silence.

"Fools," said I, "you surely know,
this silence like a cancer grows.
The funny jokes from my interview
are lost to time in this interlude."
But my words, like an empty bedpan fell
and echoed in this hell of silence.

The undergrads bowed and prayed
to this hilltop God they'd made.
But, the site still flashed its warning.
Whispered slow, my lips forming:
"This site will update as soon as a decision has been made."
My nerves so frayed.
And, in my ears...
ring the soooounds...
of siiiiiilennnnccccceeeee..................

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users
Oh, just that A...

Try not to hate.

Agape, I stared...

My nerves so frayed.
And, in my ears...
ring the soooounds...
Yep, SAME. Praying for A's for the lot of us!!

Oh, just that A...

Try not to hate.

Agape, I stared...

My nerves so frayed.
And, in my ears...
ring the soooounds...
OHSU deserves a poet with this talent. Let 'em in cowards!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Last day of interviews will be Feb 18
First day of class will be Aug 8

Any OOS II's for those who completed the secondary in September?

The first day of class is listed on MSAR!
Ah great, thank you! My subscription lapsed so I couldn’t see anymore.

Edit: unless of course that is something I could see without a subscription - I just wasn’t checking because it ran out!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a pre-II R on 2/3. OOS complete mid Sept. No email in my inbox or spam. I just checked the portal this morning and the decision was already made available through there. Best of luck to those still waiting!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Whole lot of nothing today… a week short of 4 months but who’s counting 😭

Hope everyone has a good week

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Whole lot of nothing today… a week short of 4 months but who’s counting 😭

Hope everyone has a good week
each week i fool myself into thinking "this is the week!" and it never is :')

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
People who have interviewed here, do they let you know beforehand who you will be interviewing with during your one on one?

Hit that 8 week point post interview. God I hope I don’t have to wait as long as those poor October interviewees still waiting

Hit that 8 week point post interview. God I hope I don’t have to wait as long as those poor October interviewees still waiting
When I interviewed (10/28) they told us it would be 2 weeks to 2 months. They’re definitely running a little slow. Today is day 103 that I’ve checked the portal every single day. I have no idea when they’re going to get back to me on this. OHSU is my last hope this cycle, as I have gotten R’s from everywhere else. Things are looking bleak this year.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
ahaaa, indeed
716F7840-107C-4A22-A968-EA8436914260.jpeg

Has anyone ever sent a letter of intent? Does it matter if you send one before your committee meets?
I feel like after, it won’t make a difference but idk

Given that ms3 said next week was the last day of new interviews maybe the committee will finally be able to catch up this month.

Does it put me at a disadvantage that I'm interviewing next week?
No, they are very specific that interviewing late has the same chances as interviewing early. I mean, a lot of us interviewed in October and January people are getting decisions before us.

Basically, they make sure the class has plenty of open spots until the interviews conclude. You'll be good!

Since their last day is the 18th, does that mean they have looked at OOS people and are done inviting? Or is the 18th only for mission-based?

Since their last day is the 18th, does that mean they have looked at OOS people and are done inviting? Or is the 18th only for mission-based?
I don't think any of us know. I'm only basing that off what the current OHSU student said. Theres no official thing saying 18th is the last day to my knowledge.

Who do you think they accept before the vast majority of decisions come out?

My understanding is that they have a numeric ranked list based on gpa, MCAT, and interview scores, with a threshold that is gradually reduced over time. When a committee reviews and scores another candidate, if the candidate is below the threshold, she receives an immediate accept. Otherwise she receives a hold. Also, any candidate on hold who rises above the threshold at any time the threshold is lowered will transition from hold to accept immediately. Those candidates who remain below the threshold by last week of April will be transitioned to A, WL or R, based on the committee's target number of accepts and waitlist.

My understanding is that they have a numeric ranked list based on gpa, MCAT, and interview scores, with a threshold that is gradually reduced over time. When a committee reviews and scores another candidate, if the candidate is below the threshold, she receives an immediate accept. Otherwise she receives a hold. Also, any candidate on hold who rises above the threshold at any time the threshold is lowered will transition from hold to accept immediately. Those candidates who remain below the threshold by last week of April will be transitioned to A, WL or R, based on the committee's target number of accepts and waitlist.
Does this go for those of us who are still in "this page will update as soon as a decision is made" land? Or does that mean that my interview scores still have yet to be submitted?

Does this go for those of us who are still in "this page will update as soon as a decision is made" land? Or does that mean that my interview scores still have yet to be submitted?
Were you put on hold after your interview? It sounds like that.

If so, you'll probably hear back in April, but may hear back earlier if your score crosses the 'threshold' that Herodicus mentioned. As far as I'm aware, before you're put on hold, you still have the seven purple boxes with the last one saying "Your MMI circuit is..." I interviewed in early December and my status doesn't mention anything about a decision - so likely I haven't been discussed in committee, while you have, but a final decision hasn't been rendered.

Let me know if I'm missing anything though!

Yes, your page status changes when the committee discusses you and gives you a score.

Were you put on hold after your interview? It sounds like that.

If so, you'll probably hear back in April, but may hear back earlier if your score crosses the 'threshold' that Herodicus mentioned. As far as I'm aware, before you're put on hold, you still have the seven purple boxes with the last one saying "Your MMI circuit is..." I interviewed in early December and my status doesn't mention anything about a decision - so likely I haven't been discussed in committee, while you have, but a final decision hasn't been rendered.

Let me know if I'm missing anything though!
I'm not sure. My Portal has said "PLEASE NOTE: We will update your status here as soon as a decision has been made" since I interviewed in October. I have not been placed on hold, I think. I assume that means I somehow haven't made it to the committee in 4 months.

I'm not sure. My Portal has said "PLEASE NOTE: We will update your status here as soon as a decision has been made" since I interviewed in October. I have not been placed on hold, I think. I assume that means I somehow haven't made it to the committee in 4 months.
Oh HMM... I don't have that please note status. Looks the same as the day I scheduled my interview. Anyone else?

Oh HMM... I don't have that please note status. Looks the same as the day I scheduled my interview. Anyone else?
1644607397365.png

referring to this? I think is on everyone's page if they've interviewed and the committee hasnt met for them yet (no H/A/R)

Man. That was my last shot this year. 4 interviews, 4 R's. See you guys next year. Well, some of you at least.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
View attachment 350004
referring to this? I think is on everyone's page if they've interviewed and the committee hasnt met for them yet (no H/A/R)

So weird, I don’t have that message either…
That is what I'm referring to, but I don't have it! I interviewed in December and don't have that update or the link for the post interview survey. My portal looks just like yours liloceraptor. Maybe we should email them?

That is what I'm referring to, but I don't have it! I interviewed in December and don't have that update or the link for the post interview survey. My portal looks just like yours liloceraptor. Maybe we should email them?
Mmm yeah that’s probably a good idea. I’m sure its just some arbitrary thing with the portal site, but maybe better to be safe

Mmm yeah that’s probably a good idea. I’m sure its just some arbitrary thing with the portal site, but maybe better to be safe
I wouldn't mind filling out the post-interview survey at least!

Interviewed November 2, put on hold yesterday.

• Care
Should have applied here, doh! Hello 22-23 cycle. Anyone know what kind of mmi stations ohsu uses?

Officially 4 months waiting post II today: good luck this week everyone. I'm going crazy lol

edit: at least some sick video games are coming out this month lol
1644860677486.png

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users