2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody know where PCOM - Georgia is in the interview process? I thought I might get an interview invite, but haven't heard anything yet. What stats are they interviewing at this time? My friend got an interview and his stats are the same as mine along with similar resumes.
I believe that PCOM-GA heavily favors their internal MS students first because they use the "guaranteed interview" to the DO program as a part of their selling points to get people to enroll. Deadline to apply via that program is 12/1, so maybe we'll start to see some movement for us regular folk in December.

Source: DO Program Conditional Acceptance and Guaranteed Interviews | PCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 10/14 and still waiting for decision, I guess they are still interviewing folks.

I believe that PCOM-GA heavily favors their internal MS students first because they use the "guaranteed interview" to the DO program as a part of their selling points to get people to enroll. Deadline to apply via that program is 12/1, so maybe we'll start to see some movement for us regular folk in December.

Source: DO Program Conditional Acceptance and Guaranteed Interviews | PCOM
I actually find a lot of those students interview later in the cycle. I've seen a number in March days.

Edit: Even the link says they aren't guaranteed early in the cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually find a lot of those students interview later in the cycle. I've seen a number in March days.

Edit: Even the link says they aren't guaranteed early in the cycle.
I'm not completely sure what you're saying, but what I'm saying is that the school should have a full picture of who is applying through this program by 12/1. Then they'll be able to fully divvy out IIs since I'm sure they are holding back some spots now just in case they need to offer them to internal students.

I'm not completely sure what you're saying, but what I'm saying is that the school should have a full picture of who is applying through this program by 12/1. Then they'll be able to fully divvy out IIs since I'm sure they are holding back some spots now just in case they need to offer them to internal students.
They have a set number of interview days preset with whatever number of spots each day. I was just saying that I have personally seen a lot of biomeds interview later in the cycle rather than earlier. Admissions fills all their spots for each interview day through the whole year, so they aren't necessarily holding the current interview day spots for biomeds. For all we know, the biomed spots don't even count to the outside applicants in their preset numbers. We have to love the mystery of admissions.

TLDR: There are lots of interviews and spots left for this year no matter who you are.

No one has heard back, correct? I interviewed 4 weeks ago today and am really hoping for a decision soon

No one has heard back, correct? I interviewed 4 weeks ago today and am really hoping for a decision soon
Well thanksgiving week (next week) would be the 6th week, so might need to wait till then. Unless tomorrow is the day.

They have a set number of interview days preset with whatever number of spots each day. I was just saying that I have personally seen a lot of biomeds interview later in the cycle rather than earlier. Admissions fills all their spots for each interview day through the whole year, so they aren't necessarily holding the current interview day spots for biomeds. For all we know, the biomed spots don't even count to the outside applicants in their preset numbers. We have to love the mystery of admissions.

TLDR: There are lots of interviews and spots left for this year no matter who you are.
Haha I still honestly don't know if you're agreeing with me or not. Yes, there are lots of interview spots left and I'd anticipate that we'll see more going out in December once the MS application window closes.

• Wow
Anyone still not receive and interview? Seems like they're a lot slower than the other DOs

Reactions: 2 users
I'm hoping the process is slow.
I feel like the whole process is delayed by a few weeks or a month. Last 2 years, interviews started late sept. This year, it started early October. Correct me if i am wrong, this is what I gathered from previous cycle. Also. PCOM-PA is also late so its probably due to the new program/portal they are implementing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like the whole process is delayed by a few weeks or a month. Last 2 years, interviews started late sept. This year, it started early October. Correct me if i am wrong, this is what I gathered from previous cycle. Also. PCOM-PA is also late so its probably due to the new program/portal they are implementing?
It must be because I’ve already interviewed at my other DO schools and I was complete like October 1.

Is anyone still waiting for an II that was completed on 8/24?

Is anyone still waiting for an II that was completed on 8/24?
yup like I said on the other PCOM forums, almost all of us were complete 8/24 which is the first day they sent the secondary fee.

II received just now, complete 8/24

Sure was hoping to get an interview here. Haven't heard a word.

I think they have a ton of IIs to send out. I was complete first possible day and got II on 11/09
I hope you are right. My friend and I have same MCAT and same GPA with pretty much the same activities and healthcare experience. He got an interview the end of October. I never got one. Hard to know why he was selected for a II and I did not.

I hope you are right. My friend and I have same MCAT and same GPA with pretty much the same activities and healthcare experience. He got an interview the end of October. I never got one. Hard to know why he was selected for a II and I did not.
Im in the same boat for another school. Hang in there!! Still early for PCOM i would say

I am butt hurt because I got rejected from the PA program. I thought I did pretty well in the interview last month. Now I am thinking if I am getting rejected from the PCOM PA program, I definitely get rejected from their DO programs that I applied to as well.

I am butt hurt because I got rejected from the PA program. I thought I did pretty well in the interview last month. Now I am thinking if I am getting rejected from the PCOM PA program, I definitely get rejected from their DO programs that I applied to as well.
The admissions teams are completely different. They do have access to some things across programs in admissions, but the admissions officers would have to be active in looking for you applying to both programs, so I wouldn't say you're out of the running for the DO program. Remember, the DO program has way more spots too than the PA program.

Just turned down my offer here - hoping it goes to one of you all!! Good luck in your cycles <3

Reactions: 3 users
I just got an acceptance! I only applied to PCOM for med school too LOL
Hey congrats! but don't go to PCOM if that's the only place you applied to. Try other DO schools or MD schools. Don't sell yourself short.

Hey don't worry if you didn't get an interview invite. Work a bit and build your resume. Then apply MD.

Hi. I'm a current student in this program. DM me for my honest opinions on PCOM.

Hey congrats! but don't go to PCOM if that's the only place you applied to. Try other DO schools or MD schools. Don't sell yourself short.
I do have to disagree with that recommendation. PCOM has problems, sure, but applying another cycle is such a risk when you have an acceptance.

Edit: But if they can add programs on now, then I'd definitely recommend that if financially able to or whatever their situation may be.

Reactions: 4 users

I also have to disagree with this. If you receive an acceptance from a school and reject the offer, I’ve heard that other schools see this, and in future cycles, they very much look down on it. Be proud of getting into PCOM! At the end of the day, you have been offered a spot in medical school. It is no small feat.

Reactions: 2 users
I also have to disagree with this. If you receive an acceptance from a school and reject the offer, I’ve heard that other schools see this, and in future cycles, they very much look down on it. Be proud of getting into PCOM! At the end of the day, you have been offered a spot in medical school. It is no small feat.
I don't know if that is accurate. How would another school even know if you rejected a previous offer? Not all medical schools are the same. Just because PCOM is a medical school, doesn't mean you should go there.

I don't know if that is accurate. How would another school even know if you rejected a previous offer? Not all medical schools are the same. Just because PCOM is a medical school, doesn't mean you should go there.
If someone applied only to PCOM, I assume they had a reason (DO wise). It’s too late to apply for MD and wasting a year of physician salary isn’t smart; provided PCOM’s branch campuses are good and don’t have problems. If you’re a current student, maybe you can talk about that.

Other schools can ask in their secondaries if you applied and/or interviewed at other schools in a previous cycle and to explain what happened.

If someone applied only to PCOM, I assume they had a reason (DO wise). It’s too late to apply for MD and wasting a year of physician salary isn’t smart; provided PCOM’s branch campuses are good and don’t have problems. If you’re a current student, maybe you can talk about that.

Other schools can ask in their secondaries if you applied and/or interviewed at other schools in a previous cycle and to explain what happened.
That's interesting. I didn't know schools could ask that in their secondaries. I honestly doubt, they would check you if you lied and said you never got accepted anywhere else. Faculty and staff at medical school are so busy and overworked. They have many problems. If you know a friend or trustworthy person that is currently a student at PCOM, I challenge you ask them how they feel about the program.

Also, I should mention that it kinda matters what specialty you want to go in. If you wanna do primary care, family med, internal med, emergency med, or pediatrics, I think you'll be fine at become. You'll prolly be more stressed than if you went to another school, but you could make it. It is difficult to match into competitive residencies at PCOM. Don't take my word for it, go look at PCOM's match list and then go look at any other MD schools match list in georgia. I will say that PCOM-Philly does better in match though.