You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Rochester
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MotorLover
Full Member
No, but I got an email saying "You are invited to join us for our Public Health Grand Rounds on October 1"Did any one of you get the email from Rochester saying to check out the recordings of first-year lectures? Is this just a mass email?
212kindofgal
Full Member
Irrelevant but what does "IA" mean on your signature?I got the same email, almost got me heart attack when I saw it is from admission office lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ooo000
Full Member
"IA" means Interview Attended 🙂Irrelevant but what does "IA" mean on your signature?
Last edited:
Should I consider it a soft R if I didn’t get the totally misleading email about attending their lecture 🙁 I was complete in early July 🙁(((
/s for those who I just triggered lol
/s for those who I just triggered lol
Lol I literally interviewed there in one of the first interview days and didn't get that emailShould I consider it a soft R if I didn’t get the totally misleading email about attending their lecture 🙁 I was complete in early July 🙁(((
/s for those who I just triggered lol
ooo000
Full Member
Don't over analyze it, maybe it takes sometime for yours to show up, or maybe they send to those may not get an interview and want to encourage them to reapply next cycle?.....So you never know, unless you get a R, just chilled, you have great stats, you got this 🙂Should I consider it a soft R if I didn’t get the totally misleading email about attending their lecture 🙁 I was complete in early July 🙁(((
/s for those who I just triggered lol
Lol I was just trying to poke fun at some of the neuroticism I see on this site. But I appreciate the support either way, friend 🙂Don't over analyze it, maybe it takes sometime for yours to show up, or maybe they send to those may not get an interview and want to encourage them to reapply next cycle?.....So you never know, unless you get a R, just chilled, you have great stats, you got this 🙂
II OOS
II, OOS. Complete early July. LM 77
gogomed0000
Full Member
Does anyone who has interviewed here already know if Rochester releases its admissions decisions (all the As, Rs, and Ws) right on the 15th (kinda like Case)? Or if they just start then and we don't know when we'll hear back?
II, OOS, complete 6/29
D
deleted1114996
II, OOS, complete 8/18, LM 74.5
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! IS, LM 74 and complete 7/21
NaKATPase413
ORM, CA RESIDENT, LM 76.7, WARS 79 (Readjusted)
Any new II's or R's?
Anyone know if Rochester does a wave of post-interview decisions on 10/15? Checked last year's thread and it doesn't seem like they do but I'm wondering if the fact that last year was novel/unfamiliar because it was the first fully virtual cycle had any effect.
NaKATPase413
ORM, CA RESIDENT, LM 76.7, WARS 79 (Readjusted)
Does the University of Rochester provide pre-interview invite rejections? If so, when can I expect to hear back? I was complete on 06/29/2021.
NaKATPase413
ORM, CA RESIDENT, LM 76.7, WARS 79 (Readjusted)
Congrats! Mind sharing any potential pull factors you think got the committee's attention?II received today!! OOS, LM 75, complete 8/10
I was complete the same day as you and received an II last week. Seems like we have similar stats, although I'm URM for whatever that's worth.Does the University of Rochester provide pre-interview invite rejections? If so, when can I expect to hear back? I was complete on 06/29/2021.
NaKATPase413
ORM, CA RESIDENT, LM 76.7, WARS 79 (Readjusted)
Also does the UoR accept application updates? I have a bunch of updates to share since submission was over 4 months ago.
bernedoodle
Full Member
Odds of any decisions today? August interviewee
August interviewee here. from last year's thread, it seems like they called on Oct 22 and emailed on Oct 23. So I am hoping for this week fingers crossed. Also, did y'all also get a package from Rochester in the mail, and do you know if they send that to everyone?Odds of any decisions today? August interviewee
I got it too. Think they send it to all intervieweesAugust interviewee here. from last year's thread, it seems like they called on Oct 22 and emailed on Oct 23. So I am hoping for this week fingers crossed. Also, did y'all also get a package from Rochester in the mail, and do you know if they send that to everyone?
bernedoodle
Full Member
Yes, a package was mailed to my home address. Some hand sanitizer among other things lol. I am hopeful for some news this week. I think their interview season was slightly delayed last year. In 2019 the first acceptance was posted on 10/17, so maybe we will have some news toward the beginning of the week. Fingers crossed!August interviewee here. from last year's thread, it seems like they called on Oct 22 and emailed on Oct 23. So I am hoping for this week fingers crossed. Also, did y'all also get a package from Rochester in the mail, and do you know if they send that to everyone?
Last edited:
Are they done sending interviews?
Jsjnduendn
Full Member
Anyone hear back post-II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not me. I feel like we will late this week or next week. (aug interview)Anyone hear back post-II?
Not me. I feel like we will late this week or next week. (aug interview)
Yeah. As people have stated before, last year's release date was 10/22, which was a Thursday. So it will probably be Wed/Thurs this week. Or at least I'm hoping it will be (early Sept interview)Anyone hear back post-II?
I checked last year and two more cycles back (don't judge lol) and they always called on a Thursday and emailed on Friday.Yeah. As people have stated before, last year's release date was 10/22, which was a Thursday. So it will probably be Wed/Thurs this week. Or at least I'm hoping it will be (early Sept interview)
oh god. let the anxiety begin. I'm also in an interview all day so I feel like I'm gonna be wondering if I'm gonna get that blessed missed call/voicemail at the end of the day since my phone's gonna be offI checked last year and two more cycles back (don't judge lol) and they always called on a Thursday and emailed on Friday.
212kindofgal
Full Member
Has anyone who was complete in late August / early September heard back?
WorkandPlay
Full Member
Hopefully notAre they done sending interviews?
Any chance you’ve heard anything?I checked last year and two more cycles back (don't judge lol) and they always called on a Thursday and emailed on Friday.
I have not yet. It will be 8 weeks next week Tuesday.Any chance you’ve heard anything?
I think they called last time later afternoon (maybe evening?). To be honest with you, if I don't get a call today I'll just mentally prepare myself for an R/WL.Does anyone know what time of day they usually call? Interviewed 8/25 so it's been over 8 weeks—wondering if after 5 PM I should just take my phone of the hook and sleep.
URMC is my top-choice school. I was complete 7/22 and I haven't heard back since then. I'm ORM, OOS, LM 81. I'm getting antsy and wondering what's going on, because I really think several aspects of my application indicate I'd be a great fit.
I checked the interview tracker and I wonder if there's something like yield protection happening? Maybe it's just a coincidence but the MCAT scores on the tracker for Rochester are almost all <520, and mine is above 520. I'm worried maybe they think I'm not worth the time for an interview because they don't think I'll actually end up going. Plus, the secondary was so short, I didn't get a chance to express how much I want to go there.
Or maybe they're focusing on more IS applicants for now? The tracker shows quite a few IS applicants compared to other private schools.
I could be totally wrong about all this. I guess I'm just trying to make sense of the situation beyond there being something terribly awful about my application that makes Rochester not want me. I would appreciate any insight from you folks.
I checked the interview tracker and I wonder if there's something like yield protection happening? Maybe it's just a coincidence but the MCAT scores on the tracker for Rochester are almost all <520, and mine is above 520. I'm worried maybe they think I'm not worth the time for an interview because they don't think I'll actually end up going. Plus, the secondary was so short, I didn't get a chance to express how much I want to go there.
Or maybe they're focusing on more IS applicants for now? The tracker shows quite a few IS applicants compared to other private schools.
I could be totally wrong about all this. I guess I'm just trying to make sense of the situation beyond there being something terribly awful about my application that makes Rochester not want me. I would appreciate any insight from you folks.
212kindofgal
Full Member
I’m IS and have a <520 MCAT but haven’t heard back 🙁URMC is my top-choice school. I was complete 7/22 and I haven't heard back since then. I'm ORM, OOS, LM 81. I'm getting antsy and wondering what's going on, because I really think several aspects of my application indicate I'd be a great fit.
I checked the interview tracker and I wonder if there's something like yield protection happening? Maybe it's just a coincidence but the MCAT scores on the tracker for Rochester are almost all <520, and mine is above 520. I'm worried maybe they think I'm not worth the time for an interview because they don't think I'll actually end up going. Plus, the secondary was so short, I didn't get a chance to express how much I want to go there.
Or maybe they're focusing on more IS applicants for now? The tracker shows quite a few IS applicants compared to other private schools.
I could be totally wrong about all this. I guess I'm just trying to make sense of the situation beyond there being something terribly awful about my application that makes Rochester not want me. I would appreciate any insight from you folks.
NaKATPase413
ORM, CA RESIDENT, LM 76.7, WARS 79 (Readjusted)
I doubt it’s yield protection. Median MCAT was 518 for last cycle.
gogomed0000
Full Member
Of course I can't say anything with certainty, but I don't think you'll be yield protected. Like NaKATPase said, their median was 518 and their 75th percentile stretched to 523. n=1 but I had an II with a score >520. Definitely don't count yourself out yet! We have no idea what order schools decide to look at their applicants in. Rochester is especially mysterious since there were barely any secondaries, so many people also probably submitted close together. While it is easy to jump to the worst, I wouldn't assume anything is wrong with your app by any means just because one school hasn't gotten back to you yet 🙂 Idk about the rest of your cycle but if you have an II anywhere else, that would definitely indicate that your app is great!!URMC is my top-choice school. I was complete 7/22 and I haven't heard back since then. I'm ORM, OOS, LM 81. I'm getting antsy and wondering what's going on, because I really think several aspects of my application indicate I'd be a great fit.
I checked the interview tracker and I wonder if there's something like yield protection happening? Maybe it's just a coincidence but the MCAT scores on the tracker for Rochester are almost all <520, and mine is above 520. I'm worried maybe they think I'm not worth the time for an interview because they don't think I'll actually end up going. Plus, the secondary was so short, I didn't get a chance to express how much I want to go there.
Or maybe they're focusing on more IS applicants for now? The tracker shows quite a few IS applicants compared to other private schools.
I could be totally wrong about all this. I guess I'm just trying to make sense of the situation beyond there being something terribly awful about my application that makes Rochester not want me. I would appreciate any insight from you folks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No word yetAnyone hear anything yesterday about post-interview?
D
deleted1119327
A!! About 5 minutes ago via email.
+1!A!! About 5 minutes ago via email.
A!! About 5 minutes ago via email.
When did y'all interview?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 756
- Views
- 226K