-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Rochester
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
212kindofgal
Full Member
Congrats, when were you complete?Got an II today. First available date was January 6th with most of January available.
OOS. LizzyM 74
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8/10Congrats, when were you complete?
yep, mine says "Runtime error"Is the applicant portal not working for anyone else?
scout_ham
Full Member
yup!At the interviews here, are the only things the interviewer can see the pre-interview questions (the two short essay and three most meaningful activity questions)? Is the rest of your application blinded to the interviewers?
D
deleted1114996
Any idea when the website will be back on? Need to submit my essays
D
deleted1114996
They just emailed back saying the website will likely be back up tomorrow morning
Crescent10M
New Member
II an hour ago. OOS. Complete 8/28. LM 74. Earliest available dates were mid-January.
iced_coffee_brunette_
Full Member
Do they accept update letters?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
Yep! On the portalDo they accept update letters?
purplepremed1002
Full Member
Just received an email that "review of my application is ongoing". I was complete in early July. So I guess that is like a hold??
Got it too! I am just taking it as we have been reviewed and haven't been rejected but can still receive an II! Honestly I thought it was nice to receive some information.Just received an email that "review of my application is ongoing". I was complete in early July. So I guess that is like a hold??
me too... guess it is better than a rejectionJust received an email that "review of my application is ongoing". I was complete in early July. So I guess that is like a hold??
Just received the application still under review email...does anyone know if this is a hold? I read the Rochester thread from last year, and this email read exactly the same as the on-hold email from the previous cycle, except that they specifically said you were on-hold last year but not in this one...that's why I'm a little unsure about if this email is a hold email or not...thoughts?
We appreciate your interest in the University of Rochester Medical School and wanted to let you know review of applications is still ongoing. We have not forgotten you! Review of applicants should be completed by mid-January and once a final decision has been made regarding your application, you will receive an email from us.
If you would like to update your application, please feel free to upload any updates through our Applicant Portal. We realize the waiting is hard, but our Committee wants to give each application a thorough review.
We appreciate your patience and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected]
Sincerely,
University of Rochester Medical School
Admissions Office
Email: [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in the University of Rochester Medical School and wanted to let you know review of applications is still ongoing. We have not forgotten you! Review of applicants should be completed by mid-January and once a final decision has been made regarding your application, you will receive an email from us.
If you would like to update your application, please feel free to upload any updates through our Applicant Portal. We realize the waiting is hard, but our Committee wants to give each application a thorough review.
We appreciate your patience and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected]
Sincerely,
University of Rochester Medical School
Admissions Office
Email: [email protected]
Last edited:
+1Just received an email that "review of my application is ongoing". I was complete in early July. So I guess that is like a hold??
+6 also received this under review email. It's possible that our apps have been looked over already and are some sort of hold. It's also possible that our apps simply have not been reviewed yet. Few schools seem to review in chronological order of submission. Either way, it seems like we'll know sometime at the end of January.Just received application still under review email...does anyone know if this is a hold?
1959LesPaul
Full Member
Complete since August and no communication since complete email. Didn't receive the still under review email either.
212kindofgal
Full Member
Didn't get this email but I was complete 8/19. Can I assume no one has looked at my app yet?
Looking at the thread last year it doesn't look like its a hold, some people who got it got an interview some people who got it didn't get an interview. Apparently two years ago they sent out an email saying specifically you are on hold, so this doesn't look like to be the hold email.
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
So what does it mean if you didn't receive that email? Does that mean you haven't been reviewed? I know we don't have real answers and more just speculationLooking at the thread last year it doesn't look like its a hold, some people who got it got an interview some people who got it didn't get an interview. Apparently two years ago they sent out an email saying specifically you are on hold, so this doesn't look like to be the hold email.
At the end of the day, isn't every single application on "hold" until you hear back about an II or a rejection? Don't add extra stress on yourself trying to dissect what this email means. Just my one opinion 🙂
probably depends on complete date (all speculation of course) when were you complete?So what does it mean if you didn't receive that email? Does that mean you haven't been reviewed? I know we don't have real answers and more just speculation
medshark123
Full Member
Complete 7/12. No email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete in late September (09/23) and received the email...maybe they haven't read my app yet?
212kindofgal
Full Member
Guess they forgot about us. LolComplete 7/12. No email.
Phase Rush
Full Member
I applied right away last year (7/15) and received this in mid October. Received the R a couple months afterWe appreciate your interest in the University of Rochester Medical School and wanted to let you know review of applications is still ongoing. We have not forgotten you! Review of applicants should be completed by mid-January and once a final decision has been made regarding your application, you will receive an email from us.
If you would like to update your application, please feel free to upload any updates through our Applicant Portal. We realize the waiting is hard, but our Committee wants to give each application a thorough review.
We appreciate your patience and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected]
Sincerely,
University of Rochester Medical School
Admissions Office
Email: [email protected]
I applied a week later this year and have not gotten the email yet.
Based on what I read from the past year's thread, I also think silence is better than hold/application under review...
chefcookie
Full Member
Complete in late September (09/23) and received the email...maybe they haven't read my app yet?
also got the email, submitted in august. Last years thread looks like some people got an interview a week or two after they received the email so there is hope 🙂Based on what I read from the past year's thread, I also think silence is better than hold/application under review...
1959LesPaul
Full Member
Still haven't gotten the email so I'll just keep telling myself that's a good sign
Also complete late July here and didn't receive that email. Hmm
D
deleted555445
Honestly just seems like a nice email to let people know they're still in the system, I wouldn't read much into it. I got it complete sometime in July
Yup they absolutely do! I made mine a letter of interest as well, and I think it definitely helped. I sent it last Wednesday and got an email on Sunday morning acknowledging receipt. 30 minutes later I got an II. 🤩Do they accept update letters?
concerninghob
Full Member
Submitted mid July and no email. Fully expecting an R this week. I think people in the previous thread who got IIs with no email just submitted later in the cycle. GLTA
By sent it in you mean put it on the portal right? I uploaded mine and didn’t get any acknowledgementYup they absolutely do! I made mine a letter of interest as well, and I think it definitely helped. I sent it last Wednesday and got an email on Sunday morning acknowledging receipt. 30 minutes later I got an II. 🤩
+1 (Complete 8/7)Complete since August and no communication since complete email. Didn't receive the still under review email either.
Phase Rush
Full Member
I uploaded mine in the portal a week ago and didn't get any acknowledgement. Maybe they respond if its done via email or somethingBy sent it in you mean put it on the portal right? I uploaded mine and didn’t get any acknowledgement
but they dont want that I thoughtI uploaded mine in the portal a week ago and didn't get any acknowledgement. Maybe they respond if its done via email or something
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I uploaded to the portal and sent a copy to the admissions email as well.By sent it in you mean put it on the portal right? I uploaded mine and didn’t get any acknowledgement
Also got the review email. LM: 68. Not expecting anything from it, but certainly the biggest twist of the application cycle and most certainly a welcome one.
Not sure what to make of the review email...
Just withdrew app post II, good luck everyone!
huge_epic_gaming69
Full Member
I'd lean towards this as well haha. Imo it'd be kinda whack to send an email to those who are about to get rejected that "we haven't forgotten about you and you're still in the system," no?Honestly just seems like a nice email to let people know they're still in the system, I wouldn't read much into it. I got it complete sometime in July
Similar threads
- Replies
- 756
- Views
- 227K