You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Rochester
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
neurotic_buthangin
Full Member
+1Is anyone else complete in early July still waiting to hear something?
medshark123
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today, OOS LM 78 complete mid September.
First available date was end of January.
First available date was end of January.
KanekiS1E12
Full Member
II, LM 72, Wars 88, Complete Sept 9th, First date available in January.
II today! First available day was February 1st.
Congrats! Do you mind sharing ur lm? Thank you!II today! First available day was February 1st.
Congrats!! When were you complete?II today! First available day was February 1st.
D
deleted1114996
Yeah you can log off after the last interview, no formal ending. Only presentation stuff is the welcome session and followed group discussion.I was looking at the interview day schedule. Is there not a closing presentation or anything like that? After the second one-on-one interview, you just leave the zoom and the interview day is over?
gogomed0000
Full Member
Not me thinking I'd get a decision today the moment I hit 6 weeks post-II 🤣
Rochester asks that you submit at least five business days before your interview!Anyone know if the time to return the secondary post-II matters? I've been busy this week and forgot to do it. II over a week ago.
That would be the implication, yes.I know that, but my interview isn't until January. So I can hold it until the end of the week without repercussions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Do you mind sharing ur lm? Thank you!
Thank you! Complete in early July, LM=74Congrats!! When were you complete?
Definitely a long wait, so there’s still a chance if you were complete early
Phase Rush
Full Member
Anyone else apply in July, not receive the "Application Still Under Review" email, and not get rejected either? I sent an email last month, but they didn't even respond.
Rochester be toying with me
Rochester be toying with me
Complete early July and haven’t heard anythingAnyone else apply in July, not receive the "Application Still Under Review" email, and not get rejected either? I sent an email last month, but they didn't even respond.
Rochester be toying with me
From the ones I have been to, you certainly did not need to talk. Most people did have cameras on but some did not!Can anyone who's attended one of the pop-up cafes speak to if other applicants have their cameras off/didn't talk? I would like to attend but I have COVID and don't feel up to getting out of bed (and I lost my voice so I can only squeak lol)
Hope you feel better soon!
Awesome, thank you so much!From the ones I have been to, you certainly did not need to talk. Most people did have cameras on but some did not!
Hope you feel better soon!
iced_coffee_brunette_
Full Member
same hahha im so confusedAnyone else apply in July, not receive the "Application Still Under Review" email, and not get rejected either? I sent an email last month, but they didn't even respond.
Rochester be toying with me
purplemed33
Full Member
It could be either based on interviewer availability! I had one in the morning before the welcome session and one in late afternoon after the discussionHello quick question for those that interviewed. Are the one on one interviews typically before the welcome session in the morning, or scheduled after the group ethical discussion? Thanks!
Great thank you! When did you hear about your schedule for those?It could be either based on interviewer availability! I had one in the morning before the welcome session and one in late afternoon after the discussion
gogomed0000
Full Member
I second that it could be either! I had one before and one after and I was notified about two days before of the schedule I believeHello quick question for those that interviewed. Are the one on one interviews typically before the welcome session in the morning, or scheduled after the group ethical discussion? Thanks!
purplemed33
Full Member
The interview times and interviewer names were posted on the portal about 2 business days before the interview. I think they'll send an email reminder but the interview times are only on the portalGreat thank you! When did you hear about your schedule for those?
gogomed0000
Full Member
JUST GOT THE A VIA EMAIL!!!!!! OWEFJOIWEFNOIW. Interviewed 10/6!!
D
deleted1074206
Congrats! I interviewed later in October, so do we think that the next wave of notifications won't be until mid-late December?
Looks like I missed the acceptance train for my interview date :/ I wonder when they send out waitlists and rejections.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the post interview rejection, interviewed on October 5th
I haven't done anything specific for URMC, but I have already completed my FAFSA. Other medical schools have required it for scholarship considerations and were first-come first-serve. You can list like 10 schools and change it anytime, so I listed the ones I currently have interviews with.Has anyone started financial aid yet or are you all waiting to hear from URMC? Any students on here willing to answer questions about the school.
Super chill vibes, although it will probably vary based on the personalities of the interviewers you are assigned. They appeared to have a lot of leeway to ask whatever types of questions they wanted. Keep in mind they really are blinded to huge portions of your app which at least in my case tended to lead to a more open ended interview experience compared to places where the interviewers just ran down my AMCAS app and asked questions about the stuff on there.What are the interview vibes like here? Did they grill you on anything or was it pretty chill/conversational?
concerninghob
Full Member
Pre-II R. Complete mid july
Rejected. Interesting email
gogomed0000
Full Member
I'm sorry 🙁 would you mind sharing what made the email weird?Rejected. Interesting email
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
+1 :/why is the R email filled with so much shade 😭
NormalUsername42
Full Member
Second the interesting rejection email. Kinda hurtful implications tbh.
D
deleted555445
no R yet here, complete mid-July ish
same, complete early julyno R yet here, complete mid-July ish
+1. Agreed on rejection email. I actually found it mildly insulting as well. It just wasn’t necessary.Second the interesting rejection email. Kinda hurtful implications tbh.
Sure - this was the paragraph that I think everyone is referencing:I'm sorry 🙁 would you mind sharing what made the email weird?
"In addition to outstanding academic records, many of our applicants participate in significant and sustained extracurricular activities, including research, clinical and medical shadowing experiences, study and volunteer programs abroad, and outreach to underserved communities. Rochester values "patient-centered" medicine and we are particularly interested in applicants who have extended themselves well beyond their comfort zone through extensive volunteer or work activities with people from different cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds, both in their local communities and elsewhere, far beyond the campus environment."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No R yet but waiting for impending doom. Complete mid July as wellno R yet here, complete mid-July ish
No haha just playing at the R email wording.Lol they said you didn't do that?
MotorLover
Full Member
In reality, most of us have probably done great things. But there's so much competition that you have to do even more than thatNo haha just playing at the R email wording.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 756
- Views
- 227K