2021-2022 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone share some tips for the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they release desicions on oct 15? Or do they only call on Sundays?

Has anyone who has already gone to the dean's session share some insight? Mine's today, and I'm stressing. Is it basically another interview? Should we come prepared with anything other than questions for them?

I believe they do release decisions Oct 15th. In the info session I attended (mid-Sept) Dean Heinrich said he’d be busy making phone calls that day.

Members don't see this ad :)
So they just gonna leave us hanging today??

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed yesterday (10/14), anyone who interviewed in the last 2-3 weeks have any idea when decisions will be released? I imagine no earlier than December

Interviewed yesterday (10/14), anyone who interviewed in the last 2-3 weeks have any idea when decisions will be released? I imagine no earlier than December
When I interviewed at the end of the end of September, they said they were running behind and I shouldn't expect to hear anything from them until the first or second week of November

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed september 16, got an invite for a second interview today

When I interviewed at the end of the end of September, they said they were running behind and I shouldn't expect to hear anything from them until the first or second week of November
Geez that sucks

Did they mention anything about a 2nd interview during your first interview?
no, i think my interviewer just didn't ask me the questions that the school wanted to know about my application lol

so i guess no one received a phone call... hopefully they let us know soon : ( my stress levels are perpetually high

Anyone who's interviewed already:

How long is the welcome session on interview day that starts at 9:30 AM (the welcome session, not the Dean's session)? Thanks :)
Super short, they do a brief introduction and then call everyone one by one to verify your ID. Took about ~20 minutes total

I guess if you haven't received an II yet and were complete by early August it's a soft R?

I guess if you haven't received an II yet and were complete by early August it's a soft R?
No, we have over half a year in this application cycle. Complete 8/7 but not losing hope for either of us!

Reactions: 2 users
so i guess no one received a phone call... hopefully they let us know soon : ( my stress levels are perpetually high
My interviewer said they were running relatively slow this year, even when I interviewed however many weeks ago

Hi guys,
They're starting to send out the calls. It may come any time, even super late, and they may come from a blocked number. AND MAKE SURE YOUR VOICEMAIL BOX IS PROFESSIONAL AND NOT FULL.
Good luck everyone!!

Hi guys,
They're starting to send out the calls. It may come any time, even super late, and they may come from a blocked number. AND MAKE SURE YOUR VOICEMAIL BOX IS PROFESSIONAL AND NOT FULL.
Good luck everyone!!
how do you know?

how do you know?
I got a call (interviewed like 1.5 months ago)

Please make sure your voicemail message is professional and that your mailbox is not full! It may come from a blocked number, so just be aware. I’d just really hate for someone to miss that call because of something like thinking it’s a spam call.

I got a call (interviewed like 1.5 months ago)

Please make sure your voicemail message is professional and that your mailbox is not full! It may come from a blocked number, so just be aware. I’d just really hate for someone to miss that call because of something like thinking it’s a spam call.
Congratulations future doc!!

• Love
I interviewed 9/20 not sure if I should be expecting something or not... ah nerves

Interviewed 9/8 and has been silent ever since… does that mean an R or that they haven’t gotten around to calling

Interviewed 9/8 and has been silent ever since… does that mean an R or that they haven’t gotten around to calling
They just started, so I would say give it like a week or two before worrying at all. I didn’t get any updates since my interview either.

To be honest.. I am not even sure if they have even started to call.. too many fake posts this year.

Submitted back in August, and I have not heard back yet. I really want to go here and I'm getting a little nervous. Anyone know when they inform us about whether or not we will be invited an interview

Interviewed back in August and just got the call a few nights ago! I think they’re still early in the process since they’re personally calling everyone, so good luck everyone, and try not to stress too much if you haven’t heard back yet! :)

Interviewed back in August and just got the call a few nights ago! I think they’re still early in the process since they’re personally calling everyone, so good luck everyone, and try not to stress too much if you haven’t heard back yet! :)
Thanks for creating the account to just tell us that!

congrats!! just received an II and was wondering if you had any advice - little nervous about the longer one-on-one compared to others i've had

congrats!! just received an II and was wondering if you had any advice - little nervous about the longer one-on-one compared to others i've had
It was my first interview, so I don’t have much to compare to. However, I think they really just want to get a sense of who you are. It’s open-file and my interviewer gave me a lot of freedom to talk about what I felt was important to share with them! It was much more conversational than I anticipated.

Submitted back in August, and I have not heard back yet. I really want to go here and I'm getting a little nervous. Anyone know when they inform us about whether or not we will be invited an interview
Why do you really want to go here?