2021-2022 Rutgers, RWJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if you get Dean's Scholarship, you are no longer in consideration for Chancellor's? Has anyone received both? If so, how is funding appropriated?

@JohnJacobJingleheimer @emhopeful160400 congratulations on getting the deans scholarship? I'm just wondering how much is the scholarship?
Nice, but hardly life changing given how much school costs.
Yes, 10k is correct. While KnightDoc is also correct that it’s not a life changing amount, I’m grateful nonetheless. Honestly, more meaningful than the money is just being selected for the award; my app is far from perfect and not one you would expect to be scholarship-worthy. I put in a lot of work to get to a place that an acceptance would be a possibility, let alone a Dean’s Scholarship. So, although I’m grateful for the 10k, the recognition means a lot more to me.

Reactions: 5 users
Yes, 10k is correct. While KnightDoc is also correct that it’s not a life changing amount, I’m grateful nonetheless. Honestly, more meaningful than the money is just being selected for the award; my app is far from perfect and not one you would expect to be scholarship-worthy. I put in a lot of work to get to a place that an acceptance would be a possibility, let alone a Dean’s Scholarship. So, although I’m grateful for the 10k, the recognition means a lot more to me.
TALK TO EM 🐐!!!! 🙏🙏🙏💯

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
my hero

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if you choose to accept the dean's scholarship, or any other scholarship for that matter, if they take that as a commitment to enroll? The email they sent says "Please confirm your acceptance of this award, in writing via email, to this office, no later than April
--, 2022."

Don't want to have to email back and ask since that's somewhat awkward.
Congratulations!! Just wondering, did you have to apply for the Dean’s scholarship or was it just awarded to you based on your entire app?

Anyone know if need based aid in the form of grants are a thing here? I know many state schools strictly offer merit aid, was just curious if anyone got anything for need based aid other than loans.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know when us people on the waitlist will start to hear back?

How do you get your financial aid package? Is the only thing you have to fill out FAFSA or are there other forms to fill out

Admissions said it won’t start until Mid-May

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Manifesting the A here, manifesting the A here, manifesting the A here

Nah I emailed letting them know I uploaded an application update and they unprompted said they hope to see movement beginning mid-may

im confused... is it that there aren't many people that declined their A's or is that they are just waiting until mid may to tell us

Yea this is ridiculous lol It seems every other school has had some type of movement

im confused... is it that there aren't many people that declined their A's or is that they are just waiting until mid may to tell us
It takes a while for the dominoes to fall:

those who got into harvard must withdraw from mount sinai. Those who got into sinai off the WL must withdraw from brown. Those who got into brown of the WL must withdraw from rutgers.

Big simplification, but i think WL movement takes time to trickle down from the top schools to the bottom schools.

It’s also possible they might have to meet as a committee once again to look at their waitlist and create a ranking.

It takes a while for the dominoes to fall:

those who got into harvard must withdraw from mount sinai. Those who got into sinai off the WL must withdraw from brown. Those who got into brown of the WL must withdraw from rutgers.

Big simplification, but i think WL movement takes time to trickle down from the top schools to the bottom schools.

It’s also possible they might have to meet as a committee once again to look at their waitlist and create a ranking.
That's all well and good, but it really makes it hard to figure out housing/leases, gap year plans, etc...

Reactions: 4 users
I was told by admissions wed see movement starting early this week. What do you think they mean by that because it is Tuesday. Do you think they need to have another committee meeting?!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I was told by admissions wed see movement starting early this week. What do you think they mean by that because it is Tuesday. Do you think they need to have another committee meeting?!
I don't know but god please help me please send me home to rwj

Reactions: 4 users

I was told late May???

After reaching out to admissions after getting my “highest priority of high priority” waitlist they said this week it would probably start. I reached out again the other day and they said maybe towards the end of the month

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
I was on the phone w admissions and they told me HPWL has not yet been ranked but then later said they haven’t ranked anyone beyond the top 20 in the HPWL. Sounds like a round about way to say they *have* ranked the HPWL?

Can someone confirm if they have indeed ranked the HPWL?

I was on the phone w admissions and they told me HPWL has not yet been ranked but then later said they haven’t ranked anyone beyond the top 20 in the HPWL. Sounds like a round about way to say they *have* ranked the HPWL?

Can someone confirm if they have indeed ranked the HPWL?
They have a system where there's a "highest" HPWL of the top 10-20 students. The rest are unranked from my understanding

They have a system where there's a "highest" HPWL of the top 10-20 students. The rest are unranked from my understanding
My b i meant: have they already ranked those top 10-20 or are they waiting until like the end of the month/whenever they said more movement would occur?

After reaching out to admissions after getting my “highest priority of high priority” waitlist they said this week it would probably start. I reached out again the other day and they said maybe towards the end of the month
The end of the month 🙃🙃🙃. That is just disrespectful

So we’re all pretty certain that *no* WL has occured? Or just that it hasn’t been enough to go beyond the highest HPWL?

Because the former sounds highly unlikely, WL movement generally always occurs.

So we’re all pretty certain that *no* WL has occured? Or just that it hasn’t been enough to go beyond the highest HPWL?

Because the former sounds highly unlikely, WL movement generally always occurs.
My friend and I are on the highest HPWL and can confidently confirm that zero movement has occured