2021-2022 Southern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard if there is any movement in the list? Anyone talk to Beth recently?

Has anyone heard if there is any movement in the list? Anyone talk to Beth recently?
I talked to her yesterday and she said they are still seeing a bit of movement on the list and will likely see a bit more, but that it's too hard to predict how much more

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your reply @pelenton123 What's the advantage of the optional research / volunteering? Can this be done outside of school? Thanks again
If you do the CARE/MPEE, you will be a part of the Research Scholars program that was started here this year. Technically any project you want to do has to run through the school since the outside facility may need malpractice insurance on ur behalf and since u are representing the school. If you choose to not do CARE/MPEE and do ur own research or volunteering thats fine, it just won't be officially recognized in the deans letter u will get. Officially recognized as in the school won't say you did it through the school or whatever.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone written a letter of Intent to SIU and had any success with it?

Has anyone written a letter of Intent to SIU and had any success with it?
I’m pretty sure I’ve read that they take them but they won’t alter your place on the list.

Any suggestions on places to live in Carbondale?
Sun Valley, Pine Shores, Aspen Court, plenty of stuff on apartments.com. You'll also see stuff on the facebook group once you get into that one! I heard The Pointe is a big one for med students too.

If you do the CARE/MPEE, you will be a part of the Research Scholars program that was started here this year. Technically any project you want to do has to run through the school since the outside facility may need malpractice insurance on ur behalf and since u are representing the school. If you choose to not do CARE/MPEE and do ur own research or volunteering thats fine, it just won't be officially recognized in the deans letter u will get. Officially recognized as in the school won't say you did it through the school or whatever.
Thank you!

What day is orientation, so we know when it's done?