2021-2022 Southern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh good, I'm not the only one

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The suspense is better than any horror movie. I just want to know at this point

Or we are the small, proud band of merry February batch rejects.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m a little surprised no one on here was part of this batch (assuming it’s gone out already)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah we were sent an email saying that. Are you saying they already went out?
They were sent out around noon today from what I have been told. I know that the first batch of acceptances was sent out at the same time, but it could be different for this round. I am sure however that there were at least some sent out around 11:30.

I find it so weird that no one in this sub made it this round. Anyone else feeling pretty bummed, to put it mildly, lol?

Got my acceptance today at 11:20am. Good luck and wish you all the best!

Anyone know the date the next batch will be sent out? I know it's either late this month or early March

Sooooo next batch of acceptances end of this week or next week?

Sooooo next batch of acceptances end of this week or next week?
They sent out an email last time before they sent out the batch, so I'm leaning toward next week? Definitely not for sure though, it would be nice if it came out earlier

I was under the impression that they sent out that email because they had been receiving a lot of calls/emails about when the next release was going to be.

They have their last committee meeting March 8th. So, March 11th is probably when the email will go out. We can relax two more Fridays now.

Reactions: 1 user
I've accepted a spot in a joint program here and will matriculate next year into med school at SIU. Thus, being taken off of the AWPA list. Good luck everyone!

I've accepted a spot in a joint program here and will matriculate next year into med school at SIU. Thus, being taken off of the AWPA list. Good luck everyone!
Congrats! That's not the beginning of the next batch of acceptances is it?

SIU resident here. Congratulations to all those who are accepted. If anyone has any questions about the area or would like recommendations for rentals/apartments, feel free to let me know.

Should've already happened. Usually pops by 9am. Hopefully someone with an A can confirm so we can all go drink in peace.

Well this is a bummer. If acceptances have gone out already, then I'm surprised that no one here got one.

Reactions: 2 users
Well this is a bummer. If acceptances have gone out already, then I'm surprised that no one here got one.
Well we can't do much about it. It stinks but oh well thats why we apply to so many schools. I've started to get my plan B in place

I’m not sure if another email went out saying today is the day, but if not, the first batch went out on a Monday. The way I see it is any day is in play. Sending all the good vibes!!

I’m not sure if another email went out saying today is the day, but if not, the first batch went out on a Monday. The way I see it is any day is in play. Sending all the good vibes!!
An email went out saying 3rd batch by the end of the week

I’m starting to think maybe they haven’t sent the emails out yet since nobody here got an A.

Reactions: 2 users
They must put everyone they interview on the AWPA list cuz this doesn't make sense

They must put everyone they interview on the AWPA list cuz this doesn't make sense
I was thinking something along the same lines. I understand the reasoning for the AWPA list, but to drag people along like this if there's really no chance for them/us is kinda cruel, at least imo.

I was thinking something along the same lines. I understand the reasoning for the AWPA list, but to drag people along like this if there's really no chance for them/us is kinda cruel, at least imo.
It's only so they can take people off the list in April/May. You can't accept someone once you reject them. In other words, AWPA is just a fancy word for wait list and anyone reading this should treat it as such.

I’m just shocked that no one on here has gotten anything. Seems like long odds to me