2021-2022 Texas Tech, Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would you say you have much control over where you rotate? My student interviewer was honest about not getting to go where he wanted... For rankings, I'm considering if I went to tech it would be hard to move out of Lubbock after just a few years (married and have my husband's career to consider for a move)
I was told that year three experience is too subjective and difficult to honor compared to other schools. Tech is lower ranked and has lower match opportunities compared to the mid tier and top tier Texas schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else's school ranking preference tab re-opened to allow changes? I submitted prior to last friday as instructed and the tab was previously closed after the deadline, however when I logged in this morning the rank preference was reopened.

Is anyone else's school ranking preference tab re-opened to allow changes? I submitted prior to last friday as instructed and the tab was previously closed after the deadline, however when I logged in this morning the rank preference was reopened.
It looks like the deadline was extended to today at 5:00pm cst

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Kind of a dumb question... but does anyone know if TTUHSC has grade standards for accepted applicants after admission. Ex: if I were to make a C in an elective class my last semester before graduation (having never made a C in college before), would they care? I know some schools might, didn't know if anyone knew about TTU's policy.

Kind of a dumb question... but does anyone know if TTUHSC has grade standards for accepted applicants after admission. Ex: if I were to make a C in an elective class my last semester before graduation (having never made a C in college before), would they care? I know some schools might, didn't know if anyone knew about TTU's policy.
Alternatively, if you are worried about getting a C in an elective you can always p/f the class.

I'm really hoping there's enough movement to get me into TTU.. it was the only school I got a TMDSAS interview to and I'm scared to death I'm not gonna match

Less than 24 hours! Match results will be posted by 8 AM tomorrow in your application!

"Individual match results will be posted on the TMDSAS website on March 4, 2022 at 8 a.m. CST. Applicants must rank all schools where they interviewed except those schools where a pre-match offer was declined. All schools must be ranked whether or not the applicant is holding a pre-match offer(s)."

Just matched! Does anyone know when we will receive our official offers from Tech?
GPA: 3.93
MCAT: 512
Interviewed: Dec. 3

• Love
No match. TTU was my only II. Anyone know how the TTU waitlist works/how much movement there generally is? Kind of my only hope rn.

Members don't see this ad :)
No match. TTU was my only II. Anyone know how the TTU waitlist works/how much movement there generally is? Kind of my only hope rn.
Applicants who have interviewed, deemed acceptable by the Admissions Selection Committee will be placed on the waitlist after the Match. Waitlist information is communicated to applicants via email.

There are typically about 20 students accepted from the waitlist of about 50 students.

Source is MSAR.

Applicants who have interviewed, deemed acceptable by the Admissions Selection Committee will be placed on the waitlist after the Match. Waitlist information is communicated to applicants via email.

There are typically about 20 students accepted from the waitlist of about 50 students.

Source is MSAR.
So do they send out an email notifying you that you're on the waitlist? Or do I assume that I am?

So do they send out an email notifying you that you're on the waitlist? Or do I assume that I am?

I was waitlisted at ttuhsc last year, within 2 weeks they will send out an email stating that you are/aren't being considered on the alternate list

Didn’t match. I was waitlisted last year, so I’m hoping that I’ll get on (and preferably off this time) the waitlist again.

Last year, I got the WL email the Friday after match.

• Care
I matched this morning. I am so excited. I am from West Texas and this is where I wanted to go. My one and only interview this cycle. I can't believe I am going to be a physician. I am a reapplicant this cycle. I am so blessed and thankful for SDN to mentally get me through this. Thankyou to everyone on this website.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Question to confirm: I am currently waitlisted at another school. I should, however, still accept my offer to TTUHSC and pay the $100 guarantee fee correct?

I pre-matched to my and matched to a school ranked lower than tech, but still would ideally like to go here. Am I still in the running or on a waitlist for my tech? Or is my match set in stone? How long do I have before I have to accept my offer to other school?

Question to confirm: I am currently waitlisted at another school. I should, however, still accept my offer to TTUHSC and pay the $100 guarantee fee correct?
I pre-matched to my and matched to a school ranked lower than tech, but still would ideally like to go here. Am I still in the running or on a waitlist for my tech? Or is my match set in stone? How long do I have before I have to accept my offer to other school?
Both of you should accept your offers and pay the $100 fee. @itsmista2u you could still be added to the waitlist of any school you ranked higher, they usually send out the waitlist email a week from the match if you're on it.

This is your match and your only offer. Accept it, and watch your email for WL's. You could move up to a WL school but only before May 15th.

Anyone fill out the criminal background check yet?
Do we literally have to name every single place we previously lived at? I moved around like 10 different times...

"Address(es) (Current and Prior, Including Cities, Counties and Countries of All Known Residences)"

Do we literally have to name every single place we previously lived at? I moved around like 10 different times...

"Address(es) (Current and Prior, Including Cities, Counties and Countries of All Known Residences)"
yes... and it's hard to remember them all, that's for sure!
Once you make this master list, save it someplace secure!

Yes, you do actually need to put all of your addresses. You can get a free credit report at annualcreditreport.com, which will have most all the addresses you've lived at as an adult with credit.

Does anyone know when we make our 3/4 year campus selection list?

Did not match, only Texas II. ORM MCAT: 511, GPA 4.0, Interviewed 12/10

• Care
PSA to anyone who prematched here but matched elsewhere:

You have to email the admissions office asking for your $100 guarantee fee back as a refund! I don’t think you’ll automatically get your money back otherwise b/c in their response to my email, they said they added me to their ‘list for refunds’.

Has anyone received an email about the alternate list yet?

Just got the R in my email from TX Tech Lubbock:(

• Care
It seems like way fewer people are mentioning on here that they were waitlisted compared to last cycle. Kinda scary

I'm beginning to think last year they waitlisted everyone and MSAR was a lie and this year they're actually waitlisting the 50 or so they usually do

Has anyone been accepted off the WL yet or heard of any movement for Tech?