2025-2026 Texas Tech Lubbock

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been fortunate to prematch here, and I am so happy. This school is my top choice in Texas. I have also received an acceptance in Florida and have yet to receive responses from 3 other AMCAS schools. If I choose to attend HSC, I would have to stay in Lubbock because my husband would be working in Lubbock as a physician (his specialty is only open in Lubbock), and I also have a child who is going to start preschool. When I interviewed, one of the students commented that we have to accept the fact that we might be sent out to other locations later, and advised not to buy a house because that is not a valid reason to request staying in Lubbock. How can I ensure that I stay in Lubbock? Do you know students who have been given preference if they have a spouse working in Lubbock and children going to school? Just want to make an informed decision (not trying to make demands, again, I am so grateful for the acceptance). Thanks for your help!
Because you have a spouse employed in Lubbock and would like to enroll your child in school there, I feel your chances of getting assigned to Lubbock for all 4 years are very good. When they ask for your site preference be sure to talk about these factors.
 
Because have a spouse employed in Lubbock and would like to enroll your child in school there, I feel your chances of getting assigned to Lubbock for all 4 years are very good. When they ask for your site preference be sure to talk about these factors.
Thank you! I really hope so, because I really like the school, and I wouldn't care if I didn't have a family.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad