2025-2026 Texas Tech El Paso

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Any advice on ranking this school and UTRGV SOM? I am from the RGV so know the area well and really love living there (immediate family wont be there though) but im wondering if this is a big enough factor to rank it higher than el paso som. Any and all advice is appreciated. thank you.
 
Any advice on ranking this school and UTRGV SOM? I am from the RGV so know the area well and really love living there (immediate family wont be there though) but im wondering if this is a big enough factor to rank it higher than el paso som. Any and all advice is appreciated. thank you.
On the same boat as you. What makes me lean towards PLFSOM is their teaching hospital. For utrgv it may be an inconvenience to do rotations at multiple hospitals scattered throughout the valley.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I’m looking for some advice. I no longer can participate in the interview day this Thursday, or at least I would need to ditch something extremely important to do so, so I want to cancel it. It was unexpected, and I already emailed the school yesterday to cancel, but no reply yet. Also, it seems like their phones are still off, so nobody is picking up. Is it too late to cancel now? Does it risk a professionalism strike?
 
Hi, I’m looking for some advice. I no longer can participate in the interview day this Thursday, or at least I would need to ditch something extremely important to do so, so I want to cancel it. It was unexpected, and I already emailed the school yesterday to cancel, but no reply yet. Also, it seems like their phones are still off, so nobody is picking up. Is it too late to cancel now? Does it risk a professionalism strike?
Attending interviews doesn't seem to be a priority for you - what's going on?
Yes, very unprofessional to cancel the day before or just not show up.
 
Attending interviews doesn't seem to be a priority for you - what's going on?
Yes, very unprofessional to cancel the day before or just not show up.
It’s a family emergency that I have to go out of town for. Yes the interview take priority, but not over some things unless it risks harming my other applications as well. Do you think it’s fine that I emailed three days in advance? The only thing I’m worried about is if they input a strike into TMDSAS and it affects my acceptances to other schools too.
 
It’s a family emergency that I have to go out of town for. Yes the interview take priority, but not over some things unless it risks harming my other applications as well. Do you think it’s fine that I emailed three days in advance? The only thing I’m worried about is if they input a strike into TMDSAS and it affects my acceptances to other schools too.
You seem to have an A and as long as you think your Fertitta A is sufficient, you can cancel your interview. In reality it would have been better to decline.

I expect there not to be another date though.
 
They said the orientation is mandatory in this Thursday morning, no orientation no interview invitation. Unfortunately I exactly have an interview with an upper school in this Thursday morning . So I have to say “sorry” to Al Paso.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone give me insight into how soon after interviewing I'll be able to rank? I'm getting a little anxious since it's so close to the 30th already.
 
When do we get the email for the orientation prior to the interview? My interview is Thursday, so I think we have an orientation session tomorrow? Haven't received any notice yet but was wondering if I should email them.
 
When do we get the email for the orientation prior to the interview? My interview is Thursday, so I think we have an orientation session tomorrow? Haven't received any notice yet but was wondering if I should email them.
Could be different for you, but when my interview was on a Thursday, orientation was morning and MMI that afternoon (same day) while Tuesday MMI's had to attend the Thursday orientation.
 
Has anyone who interviewed this past week received an email for campus tours?
I was wondering about that too. I interviewed a week ago and haven't received any word about it. I believe the last tour was for the 13th of January. Since that one just recently passed, I don't know if they're still planning on touring after Match Day, but if they do, maybe they're just organizing the next available date.
 
Has anyone received a letter from the El Paso Admissions Office after interviewing, thanking you for interviewing and saying " We hope you rank us high"?
I did about two weeks after my interview. I don’t think it means anything other than face value.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Not sure if this is the right place to post (if not, please let me know where to post and I’ll fix it)

There is a groupme chat for accepted students this year so we can all connect!
Link deleted by moderators
 
Hi! Not sure if this is the right place to post (if not, please let me know where to post and I’ll fix it)

There is a groupme chat for accepted students this year so we can all connect!
Please DM @dosaandidli for the GroupMe link. Posting it on a public board attracts scammers
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright, just trying to understand my odds here. Are post-match admissions only provided to WL applicants? I haven't received a WL nor a R, but I'm assuming that me not getting waitlisted at this point means I'm no longer being considered...
 
Alright, just trying to understand my odds here. Are post-match admissions only provided to WL applicants? I haven't received a WL nor a R, but I'm assuming that me not getting waitlisted at this point means I'm no longer being considered...
I don't happen to know if Texas Tech El Paso adds everyone who interviewed but didn't match to their WL. It would be reasonable to send them a short email to ask them if you remain on their WL.
 
Stealing this from @wysdoc post in the Republic of Texas thread, just in case someone in here is not following that thread.


Reapplicant Workshop:
Texas Tech El Paso registration link
Texas Tech Health El Paso- Foster School of Medicine will be hosting its annual Re-applicant Workshop. This workshop is designed to support applicants who are reapplying and looking to strengthen their application.
During the session, we will:
-Discuss strategies to improve your medical school application
-Review options for strengthening your GPA and academic profile
-Hear from successful re-applicants about their experiences
-Conclude with a one-on-one application review (reviews scheduled after the workshop)

We hope you can join us and take advantage of this opportunity for personalized feedback and guidance. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
There is an option to attend online or in-person