You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Texas Tech El Paso
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
don’t worry, i nearly passed out thinking it was THE emailThey sent out that in person tour reminder email right now and I thought it was THE EMAIL. Palms are sweaty
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NeuroticCalculator
Full Member
+1 OOS II Submitted 6/20
notusingmyrealname
Full Member
+1 IS II submitted end of July
pulsatilepony
Full Member
For those who have interviewed, it says that a Tuesday interview day has orientation the Thursday before. What hours are the orientation on Thursday and what hours is the interview time on Tuesday?
Interview Time will be Listed in Web Interview but should be During a 12-3p MOUNTAIN Time window. Orientation would be Thursday ~8:30-11:30a MOUNTAIN Time
It's likely they will, but only about once a month (not trickling out here and there)Does ttuhsc El Paso give any more prematches?
cupcakeliberty1
Full Member
+2nd secondary application reminder even tho application is complete 🤣
automated email bots are useless !+2nd secondary application reminder even tho application is complete 🤣
Secondary received, yet only 499 MCAT. Not sure if they're viewing me competitive via the rest of my app. or they just want my money? 🤔
I think Lubbock admitted a 498 a few years ago iircSecondary received, yet only 499 MCAT. Not sure if they're viewing me competitive via the rest of my app. or they just want my money? 🤔
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
resignedwhale
Full Member
congrats! when were you complete?+1 IS II, LM 76.80
Depends on where you are coming in from, but if the tour starts in the morning you will likely need to get there the night before, and return the afternoon/evening after your visit. Visiting a city you have never been to, to help you decide among schools, is a great idea if you can do it.Interviewed a month ago and received an invite to tour today. Has anyone gone and can you provide some feedback? Where did you stay? Did you come the night before and did you leave the same day? How was it overall?
From Houston so will definitely have to fly in since I have no interest in a 12 hour one-way drive. lolDepends on where you are coming in from, but if the tour starts in the morning you will likely need to get there the night before, and return the afternoon/evening after your visit. Visiting a city you have never been to, to help you decide among schools, is a great idea if you can do it.
Cost is a factor and with FAA cutting flights I'm concerned too but I agree that it would be great to go out there and check out the city and campus.
El Paso sends secondaries to everyone, I confirmed this with admissions but it can't hurt to send if you wanna through your hat in the bucket!Secondary received, yet only 499 MCAT. Not sure if they're viewing me competitive via the rest of my app. or they just want my money? 🤔
huskypremed
Full Member
What are the odds they send pre matches today instead of Monday
What makes you say Monday?What are the odds they send pre matches today instead of Monday
huskypremed
Full Member
Because tomorrow is the 15th and I doubt they would send on a weekendWhat makes you say Monday?
bojanglesss
Full Member
+1 IS II, complete 6/12, will not be taking it but there were 2 dates available in early/mid December!
Kazadoom
Full Member
+1 IS II complete back in June. I already have a pre-match in TTU Lubbock, and I know I will not go here over Lubbock. I have a school in mind that uses the MMI modality, and I thought attending this interview would offer me an opportunity to get a feel of this mode of interview. Will it be selfish of me to take this spot, knowing I won't be attending if offered an A?
happyplace333
Full Member
lowk yeah+1 IS II complete back in June. I already have a pre-match in TTU Lubbock, and I know I will not go here over Lubbock. I have a school in mind that uses the MMI modality, and I thought attending this interview would offer me an opportunity to get a feel of this mode of interview. Will it be selfish of me to take this spot, knowing I won't be attending if offered an A?
weatherball101
Full Member
Who woulda thought! OOS II today, complete 7/18!
PowerpuffMD
Full Member
IS interview invitation today to schedule the third week of December (2 dates available). Will not be attending this one, so I hope my spot goes to someone still waiting to get one! Best of luck to you all!
Kazadoom
Full Member
I’ll not be going for this interview. Hopefully that’ll mean someone gets the opportunity.+1 IS II complete back in June. I already have a pre-match in TTU Lubbock, and I know I will not go here over Lubbock. I have a school in mind that uses the MMI modality, and I thought attending this interview would offer me an opportunity to get a feel of this mode of interview. Will it be selfish of me to take this spot, knowing I won't be attending if offered an A?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The latest you can submit the secondary would be 5 pm on December 1 for this schoolIs it too late to submit a secondary
Realistically would this school even interview into "mid February". Just trying to be realistic with my chances here.
no, all the interviews for TMDSAS schools must be completed before January 30, for in-state or OOS applicants.Realistically would this school even interview into "mid February". Just trying to be realistic with my chances here.
Any success stories of last min interviews haha 😭no, all the interviews for TMDSAS schools must be completed before January 30, for in-state or OOS applicants.
TheApple'sCore01
Full Member
I'm in awe. +1 IS II today (12/03)... completed secondary 12/1... 👁️👄👁️
For all of you doubting yourself, there's hope! A glimmer!
For all of you doubting yourself, there's hope! A glimmer!
What a beast. Your stats must be insane congratsI'm in awe. +1 IS II today (12/03)... completed secondary 12/1... 👁️👄👁️
For all of you doubting yourself, there's hope! A glimmer!
resignedwhale
Full Member
Someone I know contacted the admissions office and was told that interviews for PLFSOM will be conducted until the end of January.Realistically would this school even interview into "mid February". Just trying to be realistic with my chances here.
Orchidblossom
New Member
I guess foster reviews secondaries out of order. Are IS September complete applications no longer being reviewed?
At this point in the cycle the secondary submission deadline is in the past so no new applicants are feeding in to the school any longer.I guess foster reviews secondaries out of order. Are IS September complete applications no longer being reviewed?
All of y'all who have an active application in place are eligible for interviews until the last calf is rounded up.
Orchidblossom
New Member
Understood. Thank you!At this point in the cycle the secondary submission deadline is in the past so no new applicants are feeding in to the school any longer.
All of y'all who have an active application in place are eligible for interviews until the last calf is rounded up.
austinite4eva
New Member
+1 IS A, LM 77, interviewed end of August
IS II today, pleasantly surprised by an interview so late in the cycle! Complete 8/10
resignedwhale
Full Member
congrats! what dates do you see?IS II today, pleasantly surprised by an interview so late in the cycle! Complete 8/10
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks! I saw dates for 1/8 and 1/13congrats! what dates do you see?
klondakbear
LM: 71.5 || MCAT: 513 ORM
IS II +1 received 1:57!
Catpuccino23
New Member
+IS II received just now! Only 1/15 is available currently
Losing more hope for this interview i guess. Congrats to all yall that got one!
premedguy99
Full Member
Does anyone know if they accept update letters pre-II?