-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Texas Tech El Paso
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1 IS II, LM 73, Complete 8/2
salamander47
New Member
+1 OOS II, LM 78, Complete 7/30
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AnatomyAndAnonymity
TMDSAS Wrangler
+1 IS II!! Submitted 7/31
InnerPeace02
Full Member
Interview invite received! Scheduled for 09/05. In-state applicant, non-traditional, 4.0 science GPA, MCAT 511. This is my first interview invite. Secondary submitted early August.
Congratulations and a nice first post to make! Did you get your invitation today?Interview invite received! Scheduled for 09/05. In-state applicant, non-traditional, 4.0 science GPA, MCAT 511. This is my first interview invite. Secondary submitted early August.
InnerPeace02
Full Member
Thank you. I got the invite over the weekend for a virtual interviewCongratulations and a nice first post to make! Did you get your invitation today?
salamander47
New Member
Is anyone else having an error when trying to schedule their interview after they got invited on their website? I'm trying to troubleshoot but I am unable to.
D
deleted1220694
anyone have any info on how the interview for Foster is like?
hippocrates1769
Full Member
Will Foster consider you for an interview without a Casper score?
Foster requires the CASPer this year.Will Foster consider you for an interview without a Casper score?
Many other TMDSAS schools do, also.
If you have not done it yet, and are applying to other TMDSAS schools, see if you can do it ASAP.
hippocrates1769
Full Member
I am scheduled to take it next week. I hope this doesn't delay my application by too much. I know many schools require it but hoping they will consider you for an interview without it (I believe some schools consider it only after the interview?)
If you’re applying to lots of TX schools you will need it to be completeI am scheduled to take it next week. I hope this doesn't delay my application by too much. I know many schools require it but hoping they will consider you for an interview without it (I believe some schools consider it only after the interview?)
Long is the only one which doesn’t look at it until after your interview
Last edited:
boiwhatthe
New Member
Super chill, I did mine last week. MMI was a combo of ethical and personal/goal questions (5/3 split if I remember correctly). You have 6mins to answer but they have follow-up questions if there's extra time.anyone have any info on how the interview for Foster is like?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Polyketide
Full Member
+1 IS II! LM 75, complete 7/2.
Last edited:
KaladinStormblessed
New Member
+1 OOS II! LM 77
pulsatilepony
Full Member
+1 IS II! Complete 7/22
sure, since it was an MMI format send them to the admissions email or your portal and you could mention anyone you interacted with who stood out to youdoes plfsom accept thank you letters post interview? completely forgot to ask!
InnerPeace02
Full Member
Did anyone have their interview yet? How was your experience?
Tip: If you scan the page before asking a very general question, you will usually see the answer, for example HEREDid anyone have their interview yet? How was your experience?
Some people have said they had technical difficulties, so try to log in from a location with a stable internet connection
NotSlowpoke
Full Member
Does anyone know if the "mocktail" before the interview affects the admission decision?
D
deleted1090005
What’s the mocktail? I have an II and didn’t know about this.Does anyone know if the "mocktail" before the interview affects the admission decision?
I don’t know what the heck this is, maybe they read an old post comment about when they used to have interviews in person?What’s the mocktail? I have an II and didn’t know about this.
Did they serve mocktails at a meet & greet reception? Mocktails are cocktail mixer ingredients without the alcohol, if people didn't know
Last edited:
NotSlowpoke
Full Member
Ah, ok. To answer your original question, pre-interview meet & greet things are meant to give you a chance to ask casual questions from current students, and might help you feel relaxed or reassured at your interview the next day. You don't have to show up if you don't have questions or if these kinds of 'small talk with strangers' things make you more nervous.
They are not evaluative and are not part of you being rated for acceptance, EXCEPT if you show up to one of these and act like a totally obnoxious jerk, you can be sure that the student ambassadors will pass that information on to the admissions committee.
They are not evaluative and are not part of you being rated for acceptance, EXCEPT if you show up to one of these and act like a totally obnoxious jerk, you can be sure that the student ambassadors will pass that information on to the admissions committee.
NotSlowpoke
Full Member
Thanks, I was wondering if I should skip work for it.Ah, ok. To answer your original question, pre-interview meet & greet things are meant to give you a chance to ask casual questions from current students, and might help you feel relaxed or reassured at your interview the next day. You don't have to show up if you don't have questions or if these kinds of 'small talk with strangers' things make you more nervous.
They are not evaluative and are not part of you being rated for acceptance, EXCEPT if you show up to one of these and act like a totally obnoxious jerk, you can be sure that the student ambassadors will pass that information on to the admissions committee.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS II 08/13
notusingmyrealname
Full Member
yeah it scared me lmaoDid anyone else just get a secondary application reminder email even though they've already completed secondary?
Maidenless??
Full Member
Same. Also, my password is not working to log in to the portal.Did anyone else just get a secondary application reminder email even though they've already completed secondary?
Worriedpremed12345
Full Member
SameSame. Also, my password is not working to log in to the portal.
Maidenless??
Full Member
Should I reset the password or email them first?
@cba321! @Maidenless?? @Worriedpremed427 and others
I'm sure the school is sending out a general reminder to all applicants with a reminder on the deadline to complete the secondary essays.
Sometimes when a school's portal is temporarily unavailable, it is just because the administration is going in to update the information on application status, letters received, updating their side of the portal to allow people who have already interviewed to be able to rank the school for TMDSAS Match, all those kinds of things.
Don't panic, go about your business, and try logging in the next day if there is something you need to see.
I'm sure the school is sending out a general reminder to all applicants with a reminder on the deadline to complete the secondary essays.
Sometimes when a school's portal is temporarily unavailable, it is just because the administration is going in to update the information on application status, letters received, updating their side of the portal to allow people who have already interviewed to be able to rank the school for TMDSAS Match, all those kinds of things.
Don't panic, go about your business, and try logging in the next day if there is something you need to see.
+1 and +1 on the password not working.Did anyone else just get a secondary application reminder email even though they've already completed secondary?
just got an email saying that it was an error so don't panic y'all@cba321! @Maidenless?? @Worriedpremed427 and others
I'm sure the school is sending out a general reminder to all applicants with a reminder on the deadline to complete the secondary essays.
Sometimes when a school's portal is temporarily unavailable, it is just because the administration is going in to update the information on application status, letters received, updating their side of the portal to allow people who have already interviewed to be able to rank the school for TMDSAS Match, all those kinds of things.
Don't panic, go about your business, and try logging in the next day if there is something you need to see.
Kazadoom
Full Member
I did as well. Got too excited, but there's been a follow up disregard.Did anyone else just get a secondary application reminder email even though they've already completed secondary?
roranorazoro
New Member
+1 IS II! Complete 7/3 LM 74l. I got the secondary reminder email from them the other day as well
theokphilosopher
New Member
Were there traditional interview questions are was it completely MMI for the 3 hour timeslot?Super chill, I did mine last week. MMI was a combo of ethical and personal/goal questions (5/3 split if I remember correctly). You have 6mins to answer but they have follow-up questions if there's extra time.
boiwhatthe
New Member
I think i got one traditional, but otherwise they were all scenario based.Were there traditional interview questions are was it completely MMI for the 3 hour timeslot?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1090005
Anyone else get the worst impression of Texas Tech El Paso during the interview day? The entire orientation was basically 4-hour video and none of the admissions committee had their video on. Didn’t seem like they cared to make it inviting. The contrast between here and other schools was stark.
Sorry to hear that, several people said they had technical difficulties too, It has not been like that in prior years to my knowledgeAnyone else get the worst impression of Texas Tech El Paso during the interview day? The entire orientation was basically 4-hour video and none of the admissions committee had their video on. Didn’t seem like they cared to make it inviting. The contrast between here and other schools was stark.
MaxDakota
Full Member
I haven’t IId there but between my friends (who have) and I, they do seem to be working through some growing pains. Although the feedback we’ve gotten from students has been nothing but great.Anyone else get the worst impression of Texas Tech El Paso during the interview day? The entire orientation was basically 4-hour video and none of the admissions committee had their video on. Didn’t seem like they cared to make it inviting. The contrast between here and other schools was stark.
NotSlowpoke
Full Member
I can confirm that the four-hour orientation at this school offers the same information as shorter orientations at other schools, even those that are less than 1.5 hours long. Each MMI station is a separate Zoom link, unlike other schools that use breakout rooms for MMI. I encountered technical difficulties with two of the stations, but they were resolved by the end of the day.Anyone else get the worst impression of Texas Tech El Paso during the interview day? The entire orientation was basically 4-hour video and none of the admissions committee had their video on. Didn’t seem like they cared to make it inviting. The contrast between here and other schools was stark.
Last edited:
huskypremed
Full Member
They sent out that in person tour reminder email right now and I thought it was THE EMAIL. Palms are sweaty

