2021-2022 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted. Interviewed 2/1

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed on 2/14 heard anything?

Waitlisted today, is anyone actually rejected post-interview?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like the usually put 300-400 on the waitlist and take 100 off

What legitimately are our chances of coming off the waitlist? Just added to it. Interviewed in Feb

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Reporting for waitlist duty – anyone know how long we have to accept the waitlist position?

Just declined my waitlist offer, hope all of y'all hear some good news sooner rather than later. Take good care and good luck

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I know, someone earlier mentioned that they typically release acceptances on the first Thursday of the month, but does anyone know if they send out waitlist offers more frequently? I didn't get an email last Thursday and I'm really hoping to get on it.

Anyone know if this school is still sending out anymore scholarship packages or only financial aid offers at this point?

Just declined acceptance (OOS), really hope you all hear back soon & excited for whoever takes my spot! Good luck everyone :)

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just declined acceptance (OOS), really hope you all hear back soon & excited for whoever takes my spot! Good luck everyone :)
+1
Good luck everyone. So excited as well for whoever gets that spot and that scholarship.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I got accepted today after my third time being on the WL 😭😭😭 in-state :giggle::giggle:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Did you guys send any updates or a LOI?
I was about to send one in this weekend, thinking that most movement would occur the first week of May. Last year I sent four letters lol so I was trying to be less extra this time so had not sent anything.

Withdrew my waitlist. Good luck to everyone! This cycle has definitely been a rollercoaster of emotions. :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Added to the waitlist this morning at 7:20 am CST. There is still hope !!!:)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Has any out-of-state waitlist applicant been accepted off the waitlist recently? Any idea how big the waitlist is or what one's odds are of getting off of it in the next month? Cheers

Has any out-of-state waitlist applicant been accepted off the waitlist recently? Any idea how big the waitlist is or what one's odds are of getting off of it in the next month? Cheers
The news I heard is to expect movement from end of April to July.

Reactions: 2 users
A profession is medicine is full of uncertainty and UVM no doubt prefers those who can tolerate such uncertainty. Do not update them or ask them about your application multiple times over the course of a month, do not call them just to ask about your position on the waitlist or general waitlist movement and forego sending a LOI unless its later than June (simply to show interest).

They have stated waitlist movement is hard-to-predict year to year and that they do not accept updates.
I seriously doubt that the reason they don’t provide waitlist updates or accept update/interest letters is because UVM “prefers those who can tolerate such uncertainty.” That would be sadistic. Rather, UVM’s reasoning behind this has to do with maintaining equity between all applicants. I’m sure it also comes from a logistical standpoint as well.

Completely agree UVM is an admirable institution and they just skipped the part that involves pre-meds sending a million updates to somehow move up/influence the list in a very subjective manner ... they have the list and know what every applicant has in their file and will make decisions accordingly. I hope everyone hears good news soon.

Happy to see waitlist movement. I'll be over here hoping! Congratulations guys.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
A off the waitlist, if I am “planned to enroll” at a different school, would accepting my acceptance here via the portal mess anything else up with my other school? I’m slightly confused but it looks like I have to accept this offer in order to get financial information. Somebody pls help me I am dumb

• Love
A off the waitlist, if I am “planned to enroll” at a different school, would accepting my acceptance here via the portal mess anything else up with my other school? I’m slightly confused but it looks like I have to accept this offer in order to get financial information. Somebody pls help me I am dumb
+1

I'm also in the same situation and was wondering if you've gotten any new information regarding it? I was gonna send an email to the admissions office asking about this

I have an extremely difficult choice to make due to family circumstances. I have an acceptance at UVM, but if I were to attend, I would need to maintain my primary residency out of state (direct flight into Burlington). Things have come to a head recently and I need to make my choice yesterday!

I am wondering if it is at all possible to split my time between school and home out of state, understanding there will be weeks where I am there 100%. I have family in town so housing etc is taken care of. Money is not an issue. I don't want to be too specific about my circumstances as they would easily identify me.

Please, I am desperate for advice. Any info is appreciated. I know some schools essentially never have an in-person lecture, others are very problem-based... UVM's curriculum is unclear to me as I didn't attend info sessions due to the aforementioned circumstances.. someone please help me.
Hi! Not sure of your exact situation, but a lot of states allow for you "living" out of state for things like school. It's one of the exceptions that are typically given to maintain residency. I always maintained my residency in my home state even though I was halfway across the country from it. I voted in that state, had my license etc.

From my understanding, UVM's curriculum is almost entirely small group learning so much of it is in person and required attendance. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong!

Here's a link to post in this thread from an M1 about their schedule:

Hi everyone!

I called admissions just now to inquire about waitlist movement and she said they'll extend more offers next week. They are pulling off the waitlist every two weeks. Just wanted to share with everyone that's still waiting.

Reactions: 8 users