You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Vermont
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
marlanagt
New Member
Same sameWaitlisted. Interviewed 2/1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kim99mjones
Full Member
Waitlisted interviewed 2/25 OOS
kim99mjones
Full Member
It looks like the usually put 300-400 on the waitlist and take 100 off
MSAR said 200 and then they changed it to 100 not too long ago 😭It looks like the usually put 300-400 on the waitlist and take 100 off
adam12thompson
New Member
What legitimately are our chances of coming off the waitlist? Just added to it. Interviewed in Feb
WL today. Interviewed 2/9. OOS.
Were you an IS applicant??Just got the A!! Crying tears of happiness, waitlisted in Dec. Notified via e-mail
GoldenDoodle101
Full Member
A as well today
premedhopeful1013
Full Member
congrats! Off the waitlist or straight A? IS/OOS?A as well today
GoldenDoodle101
Full Member
Straightcongrats! Off the waitlist or straight A? IS/OOS?
ominous_fremitus
New Member
Reporting for waitlist duty – anyone know how long we have to accept the waitlist position?
Just declined my waitlist offer, hope all of y'all hear some good news sooner rather than later. Take good care and good luck
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if this school is still sending out anymore scholarship packages or only financial aid offers at this point?
.
Last edited:
+1Just declined acceptance (OOS), really hope you all hear back soon & excited for whoever takes my spot! Good luck everyone 🙂
Good luck everyone. So excited as well for whoever gets that spot and that scholarship.
I got accepted today after my third time being on the WL 😭😭😭 in-state 😊😊
I was also accepted today off the waitlist as an in-state student!! See you in august!I got accepted today after my third time being on the WL 😭😭😭 in-state 😊😊
I was also accepted today off the waitlist as an in-state student!! See you in august!
Did you guys send any updates or a LOI?I got accepted today after my third time being on the WL 😭😭😭 in-state 😊😊
I didn’t send any updates but I did send a LOI in January after I was waitlisted in December!Did you guys send any updates or a LOI?
Amazing, congrats!!I was also accepted today off the waitlist as an in-state student!! See you in august!
I was about to send one in this weekend, thinking that most movement would occur the first week of May. Last year I sent four letters lol so I was trying to be less extra this time so had not sent anything.Did you guys send any updates or a LOI?
delicious_guineapig
Full Member
Withdrew my waitlist. Good luck to everyone! This cycle has definitely been a rollercoaster of emotions. 🙂
Throwawayaccount777
Full Member
Withdrew my A. Hopefully it goes to someone here!
Has any out-of-state waitlist applicant been accepted off the waitlist recently? Any idea how big the waitlist is or what one's odds are of getting off of it in the next month? Cheers
The news I heard is to expect movement from end of April to July.Has any out-of-state waitlist applicant been accepted off the waitlist recently? Any idea how big the waitlist is or what one's odds are of getting off of it in the next month? Cheers
I seriously doubt that the reason they don’t provide waitlist updates or accept update/interest letters is because UVM “prefers those who can tolerate such uncertainty.” That would be sadistic. Rather, UVM’s reasoning behind this has to do with maintaining equity between all applicants. I’m sure it also comes from a logistical standpoint as well.A profession is medicine is full of uncertainty and UVM no doubt prefers those who can tolerate such uncertainty. Do not update them or ask them about your application multiple times over the course of a month, do not call them just to ask about your position on the waitlist or general waitlist movement and forego sending a LOI unless its later than June (simply to show interest).
They have stated waitlist movement is hard-to-predict year to year and that they do not accept updates.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medschoolhopeful1234
Full Member
Completely agree UVM is an admirable institution and they just skipped the part that involves pre-meds sending a million updates to somehow move up/influence the list in a very subjective manner ... they have the list and know what every applicant has in their file and will make decisions accordingly. I hope everyone hears good news soon.
premedhopeful1013
Full Member
Was just accepted! Over the moon!!!!
Omg, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!Was just accepted! Over the moon!!!!
thirdmolars21
New Member
Accepted today off the waitlist!
Happy to see waitlist movement. I'll be over here hoping! Congratulations guys.
Also accepted off the waitlist!
IS? Or OOS?Also accepted off the waitlist!
thirdmolars21
New Member
I’m OOSIS? Or OOS?
A off the WL today at 3:17 PM!
premed2121
New Member
A off the waitlist, if I am “planned to enroll” at a different school, would accepting my acceptance here via the portal mess anything else up with my other school? I’m slightly confused but it looks like I have to accept this offer in order to get financial information. Somebody pls help me I am dumb
Congrats! What are your stats if you don’t mind sharing?A off the WL today at 3:17 PM!
Is there a groupme for accepted students set up anywhere?
Man Person Dude
New Member
Yes! Here it is: GroupMeIs there a groupme for accepted students set up anywhere?
+1A off the waitlist, if I am “planned to enroll” at a different school, would accepting my acceptance here via the portal mess anything else up with my other school? I’m slightly confused but it looks like I have to accept this offer in order to get financial information. Somebody pls help me I am dumb
I'm also in the same situation and was wondering if you've gotten any new information regarding it? I was gonna send an email to the admissions office asking about this
Hi! Not sure of your exact situation, but a lot of states allow for you "living" out of state for things like school. It's one of the exceptions that are typically given to maintain residency. I always maintained my residency in my home state even though I was halfway across the country from it. I voted in that state, had my license etc.I have an extremely difficult choice to make due to family circumstances. I have an acceptance at UVM, but if I were to attend, I would need to maintain my primary residency out of state (direct flight into Burlington). Things have come to a head recently and I need to make my choice yesterday!
I am wondering if it is at all possible to split my time between school and home out of state, understanding there will be weeks where I am there 100%. I have family in town so housing etc is taken care of. Money is not an issue. I don't want to be too specific about my circumstances as they would easily identify me.
Please, I am desperate for advice. Any info is appreciated. I know some schools essentially never have an in-person lecture, others are very problem-based... UVM's curriculum is unclear to me as I didn't attend info sessions due to the aforementioned circumstances.. someone please help me.
From my understanding, UVM's curriculum is almost entirely small group learning so much of it is in person and required attendance. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong!
Here's a link to post in this thread from an M1 about their schedule:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Good luck yall.
what is tomorrow?Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Good luck yall.
Just usually seen movement on Tuesday. Could be wrong though.what is tomorrow?
Hi everyone!
I called admissions just now to inquire about waitlist movement and she said they'll extend more offers next week. They are pulling off the waitlist every two weeks. Just wanted to share with everyone that's still waiting.
I called admissions just now to inquire about waitlist movement and she said they'll extend more offers next week. They are pulling off the waitlist every two weeks. Just wanted to share with everyone that's still waiting.
Luv2apply2medicalskool
New Member
HI SDN UVM crew. Long time lurker, first time poster.
Does anyone have an understanding how the UVM waitlist actually works? I was put on the WL 4/7 & have been just waiting ever since. At the other school I got waitlisted at, I was given a waitlist number. I know UVM isn't just throwing all our names in a hat and drawing a handful, any background on how they rank students/how to know where you are in the heap would be appreciated!
Thanks <3
Does anyone have an understanding how the UVM waitlist actually works? I was put on the WL 4/7 & have been just waiting ever since. At the other school I got waitlisted at, I was given a waitlist number. I know UVM isn't just throwing all our names in a hat and drawing a handful, any background on how they rank students/how to know where you are in the heap would be appreciated!
Thanks <3