2021-2022 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Scholarship offer received today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Did everyone receive theirs today? Does that mean that the WL may start moving more?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone receive theirs today? Does that mean that the WL may start moving more?
I just wish they would give me an admission decision already 😂 I’ve been waiting since January

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the next round of admission decisions will be?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the next round of admission decisions will be?
I think they do them once a month and it seems like there was movement in the beginning of March, so I'm assuming April?

would anyone who has received a scholarship be able to share a little info -- OOS or in-state? Stats? I know people may not want to share their amount of scholarship but could anyone give me an idea of how "generous" they are being this cycle? thx and congrats!

would anyone who has received a scholarship be able to share a little info -- OOS or in-state? Stats? I know people may not want to share their amount of scholarship but could anyone give me an idea of how "generous" they are being this cycle? thx and congrats!
You can DM me if you'd like

Members don't see this ad :)
You can also DM me?

yes feel free to DM but i'm OOS

I have a good feeling about this Thursday for WL movement-- seems they typically release decisions the last Thursday of each month!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone hear anything today? It’s usually
Thursdays right?

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if they still accept students who were interviewed late Feb

I interviewed early Feb and they haven’t released decisions for my group yet. I’m still pretty sure Vermont doesn’t ghost, they’ll either send an A, R, or WL

Also, I think from my February interview, it was mentioned that decisions would be released in 6 weeks(late March/early April). My guess is that this Thursday will be when early February decisions will be released.

Did any other IS applicants see the updated MSAR MCAT data? The previous data had a 502 or 505 (can’t remember) as the 10th percentile and now it’s a 509. That’s a pretty big jump.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Did any other IS applicants see the updated MSAR MCAT data? The previous data had a 502 or 505 (can’t remember) as the 25th percentile and now it’s a 509. That’s a pretty big jump.

The info was updated as of October 2021 according to the captions below the figures

So the waitlist email says "It is not necessary to submit additional letters of recommendation, update letters, etc., as these will not influence your place on the waitlist."

Does this mean the WL is ranked? I have some updates but should I even bother sending a letter?

So the waitlist email says "It is not necessary to submit additional letters of recommendation, update letters, etc., as these will not influence your place on the waitlist."

Does this mean the WL is ranked? I have some updates but should I even bother sending a letter?
If they specifically indicate that they aren't interested and that it makes no difference... sending a letter may come across as disrespectful, in addition to it being a waste of your time.

Schools are crafting their classes. They want to be replacing individuals that withdraw with WL'd individuals that would fulfill a similar 'role' in the student body. I think that's where the 'tiers' come into play – Accepted student with strong leadership skills withdraws --> offer goes out to tier 1 WL student with same qualities, then it would go out to tier 2 WL student with same qualities (and not tier 1 WL student that has a different skillset already satisfied by the student body). I don't see why any school wouldn't have some system in place to accomplish this.

Did you just hear back?

• Wow
No sorry I've been waitlisted since November!

Ok so the answer is you don't know if it is ranked or not lol. Has anyone else on the WL sent an update letter besides indication of interest?
I'm not pretending to know, it just seems like there is a disconnect here. They took the time to explicitly communicate that they won't consider more info - so whether they use a ranking system or not is irrelevant, sending any form of update or LOI will not improve your likelihood of admission, and might work against you in this case.

They're saving everyone from having to play the whole LOI/update game, which I think is pretty considerate of them. On the other hand you have Emory that requires WL'd applicants to write more to stay in the running :rolleyes:

I'm not pretending to know, it just seems like there is a disconnect here. They took the time to explicitly communicate that they won't consider more info - so whether they use a ranking system or not is irrelevant, sending any form of update or LOI will not improve your likelihood of admission, and might work against you in this case.

They're saving everyone from having to play the whole LOI/update game, which I think is pretty considerate of them. On the other hand you have Emory that requires WL'd applicants to write more to stay in the running :rolleyes:

Yea true, although they do go on to say they accept LOI

I'm pretty sure they've been sending out decisions on the first Thursday of every month. The last time anyone posted about hearing back was March 3rd, and before that was February 3rd. But who really knows...
Yeah, you are correct. Thanks for the correction

I'm pretty sure they've been sending out decisions on the first Thursday of every month. The last time anyone posted about hearing back was March 3rd, and before that was February 3rd. But who really knows...
That's definitely the trend, but I think it would be ridiculous if they waited until April 7th to release decisions. We have to narrow down our acceptances to three schools by the 15th, and I don't think 8 days is enough time to book a hotel and plane flight, visit the school, and then make a decision. Would financial aid information even be sent out in time? So for the sake of those accepted, I really hope they get back to us today, not next week.

Reactions: 5 users
That's definitely the trend, but I think it would be ridiculous if they waited until April 7th to release decisions. We have to narrow down our acceptances to three schools by the 15th, and I don't think 8 days is enough time to book a hotel and plane flight, visit the school, and then make a decision. Would financial aid information even be sent out in time? So for the sake of those accepted, I really hope they get back to us today, not next week.
I agree it's ridiculous sometimes. But they'll do whatever they want/whatever they can realistically make happen.

I interviewed in February and they said we would hear back either April 7 or 14.

Reactions: 7 users
UVM is notorious for taking time with their decisions.

The waiting is sooo agonizing! I’m tempted to email and ask for a new timeline. I interviewed Feb 1 and was told end of March

Just got the A!! Crying tears of happiness, waitlisted in Dec. Notified via e-mail

• Love
Reactions: 13 users