2021-2022 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
HI SDN UVM crew. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Does anyone have an understanding how the UVM waitlist actually works? I was put on the WL 4/7 & have been just waiting ever since. At the other school I got waitlisted at, I was given a waitlist number. I know UVM isn't just throwing all our names in a hat and drawing a handful, any background on how they rank students/how to know where you are in the heap would be appreciated!

Thanks <3

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

I called admissions just now to inquire about waitlist movement and she said they'll extend more offers next week. They are pulling off the waitlist every two weeks. Just wanted to share with everyone that's still waiting.
Looks like movement for both of my schools is gonna be next week. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Reactions: 1 user
HI SDN UVM crew. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Does anyone have an understanding how the UVM waitlist actually works? I was put on the WL 4/7 & have been just waiting ever since. At the other school I got waitlisted at, I was given a waitlist number. I know UVM isn't just throwing all our names in a hat and drawing a handful, any background on how they rank students/how to know where you are in the heap would be appreciated!

Thanks <3
Hi!

I was waitlisted here the last cycle and re-waitlisted this past November. According to their website, UVM does not rank their waitlisted students, so I am unsure of how they select. Additionally, there is no way to know where you fall - I have tried calling and they cannot provide any further information. All they are able to tell you is when more movement is expected (I got word today that movement will continue next week; every two weeks) and that the waitlist remains open till orientation in August. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!

I called admissions just now to inquire about waitlist movement and she said they'll extend more offers next week. They are pulling off the waitlist every two weeks. Just wanted to share with everyone that's still waiting.
Thanks so much for sharing this!!

• Care
Hi!

I was waitlisted here the last cycle and re-waitlisted this past November. According to their website, UVM does not rank their waitlisted students, so I am unsure of how they select. Additionally, there is no way to know where you fall - I have tried calling and they cannot provide any further information. All they are able to tell you is when more movement is expected (I got word today that movement will continue next week; every two weeks) and that the waitlist remains open till orientation in August. Good luck!
thank you for your reply :). Best of luck to you as well!!

• Care
I was accepted off the WL today. I’m very pleased and grateful, but also a lot has changed in my life the past couple of months and I am conflicted about whether I should take the opportunity. It is the only school I’m accepted at so it’s not about that. I know questioning whether to accept might sound unthinkable to folks on here but please understand there’s personal reasons for my indecision that I’m not comfortable disclosing on a public forum. My question is whether anyone knows if someone like me, who was accepted off the WL, would be permitted to defer enrollment for a year? Or is the attitude “you’re lucky we even deigned to accept you, we’re not giving you a deferral on top of that”. Please don’t crap on me for asking, I promise I have my reasons. Thank you in advance.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted off the WL today. I’m very pleased and grateful, but also a lot has changed in my life the past couple of months and I am conflicted about whether I should take the opportunity. It is the only school I’m accepted at so it’s not about that. I know questioning whether to accept might sound unthinkable to folks on here but please understand there’s personal reasons for my indecision that I’m not comfortable disclosing on a public forum. My question is whether anyone knows if someone like me, who was accepted off the WL, would be permitted to defer enrollment for a year? Or is the attitude “you’re lucky we even deigned to accept you, we’re not giving you a deferral on top of that”. Please don’t crap on me for asking, I promise I have my reasons. Thank you in advance.
Reach out to the school and ask them!

I don’t understand: you’re allowed to ask. And if they say no then you’re gonna have a difficult choice to make.
I guess I’m just afraid if I ask then they’ll check and realize they made a mistake and i shouldnt have been accepted.

I guess I’m just afraid if I ask then they’ll check and realize they made a mistake and i shouldnt have been accepted.
Don't feel that way! There are so many people (myself included) still on the waitlist - they took you off of it for a reason. Wishing you the best in whatever you decide.

• Care
do people think the acceptances sent today are part of the next wave that was supposed to come next week, or do you think they will still send some As out next week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey who ever you are, I love you. But time to be a grown up and make a grown up decision :) I dont mean that in a bad or insulting way at all! Its just one of those life moments.

do people think the acceptances sent today are part of the next wave that was supposed to come next week, or do you think they will still send some As out next week?
I'm personally hoping (and thinking) there will be more next week! Also, seems to be like Thursdays are a trend.

Reactions: 2 users

I am listening to this and sipping maple syrup by the bottle.
My blood sugar may be 600, but by God I am getting off the WL next week.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
They will not rescind your acceptance, and they won’t hold it against you for asking.

As others have mentioned, there's no harm in asking. That being said, from what I've heard, it looks very bad as a reapplicant if you were accepted to a medical school and turned it down. There are often questions on secondary applications that specifically ask why you turned it down.

As others have mentioned, there's no harm in asking. That being said, from what I've heard, it looks very bad as a reapplicant if you were accepted to a medical school and turned it down. There are often questions on secondary applications that specifically ask why you turned it down.
For sure…and I’m definitely not turning it down, I actually have accepted the offer but am hoping to get a deferral due to some personal circumstances.

Does anyone know how the process works if you accept an offer from the school's initial offer of acceptance? They say you must accept within 2 weeks, and that after 4/30/22 you can't hold multiple acceptances. However, they also say that accepting the offer doesn't constitute committing to enroll.

So if I were to accept their offer, do I still get a little more time to decide between Vermont and other schools? Thanks

Does anyone know how the process works if you accept an offer from the school's initial offer of acceptance? They say you must accept within 2 weeks, and that after 4/30/22 you can't hold multiple acceptances. However, they also say that accepting the offer doesn't constitute committing to enroll.

So if I were to accept their offer, do I still get a little more time to decide between Vermont and other schools? Thanks
I had a similar situation. I contacted the school I was originally PTE’ed at and told them I got a new acceptance after the PTE deadline and asked what their guidelines were. They told me we’re only supposed to hold one acceptance after PTE deadline, but gave me an extension until the time frame the new school gave me to decide. In such case, you can accept Vermont FOR NOW, and either withdraw from your other school or Vermont after this time frame. I would contact your PTE school to make sure!

I know Admissions states that they welcome notes of continued interest from candidates on the waitlist, but if I’ve already sent a letter of intent will it be considered overkill and/or be generally looked down upon to continue to send shorter emails affirming my interest?

I know Admissions states that they welcome notes of continued interest from candidates on the waitlist, but if I’ve already sent a letter of intent will it be considered overkill and/or be generally looked down upon to continue to send shorter emails affirming my interest?
Seems to be more risky then worthwhile. You made your intent clear already.

Just withdrew my A. Hoping it goes to one of you guys still waiting!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just received the A! OOS. I’ll be declining so good luck to those of you still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got the "if you want to stay on the wait-list, don't do anything" email 😐. Mini heart attack

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the "if you want to stay on the wait-list, don't do anything" email 😐. Mini heart attack

Do we know if receiving this means anything? I know people got As today so seems like if anything it’s not a great sign :(

Do we know if receiving this means anything? I know people got As today so seems like if anything it’s not a great sign :(
I think it’s probably neutral. At worst, it just means we won’t receive an acceptance during this wave. They’re probably just looking to expedite the waitlist process by knocking off individuals who would decline an acceptance.

I think it’s probably neutral. At worst, it just means we won’t receive an acceptance during this wave. They’re probably just looking to expedite the waitlist process by knocking off individuals who would decline an acceptance.
Yeah :( well best of luck!

• Care
I wonder what not receiving this means.. I haven’t gotten anything.
hmm weird. Nothing in your communication status in the portal?

Feel like if anything, *Not* receiving it would be a good thing.

• Care
hmm weird. Nothing in your communication status in the portal?

Feel like if anything, *Not* receiving it would be a good thing.
I just checked through the portal and the last thing they sent me was in January regarding FAFSA.
Here's to hoping (and trying not to be anxious LOL).

Idk if this is helpful, but I interviewed in Sept, was waitlisted in Dec, and got the A today. I’ve had 0 communication with the school since Dec so I would try not to read into the emails too much! Hoping for the best for all of you!

• Love
Idk if this is helpful, but I interviewed in Sept, was waitlisted in Dec, and got the A today. I’ve had 0 communication with the school since Dec so I would try not to read into the emails too much! Hoping for the best for all of you!
Did you send a letter of intent?

Accepted just now. I am in disbelief. And so classic that it would happen just 5 days after I do my MCAT retake.
Congrats! Did you communicate with the office of admissions at all prior to your decision"?

Accepted just now. I am in disbelief. And so classic that it would happen just 5 days after I do my MCAT retake.
Woah congrats! Do you know if they usually send out all As at once or do they do them throughout the day/week?

Woah congrats! Do you know if they usually send out all As at once or do they do them throughout the day/week?
Thank you! And I have no clue! It seems like As have been coming in batches on Thursdays since late May. Admissions also mentioned to someone on this forum that they were being sent out every other week, so the fact that it came today was a surprise to me since some were sent out last Thursday.

Thank you! And I have no clue! It seems like As have been coming in batches on Thursdays since late May. Admissions also mentioned to someone on this forum that they were being sent out every other week, so the fact that it came today was a surprise to me since some were sent out last Thursday.
Thank you!!