You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Alabama
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Secondary submitted 6/28 RD... still haven't heard anything [emoji3064]
+1
tinydancer567
New Member
+1 submitted on 7/11Secondary submitted 6/28 RD... still haven't heard anything 🥺
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1106899
@muppetlabs are you ED or RD?
muppetlabs
New Member
ED for the MD/MSPH program@muppetlabs are you ED or RD?
OOS, RD, 4.0 GPA, and 507 MCAT - submitted secondary/complete on 6/28 and haven't gotten any updates
poppy123o6
Full Member
II today!! RD IS
noMoreGapYears
Full Member
When were you complete?II today!! RD IS
botanyspears
New Member
II RD IS received yesterday!
When were you complete?II RD IS received yesterday!
botanyspears
New Member
07/18When were you complete?
Pre-II R just now OOS ORM, completed 7/7. GL to the rest of y'all!!!
D
deleted1106899
^^Oh no, I'm sorry 😥! I am sure some other school will love to have you🙂! I submitted my secondary 8/2 and am OOS too! Do you mind sharing your stats? I am super nervous now 😫
D
deleted1106899
How are you all prepping for the interview? Smiling a lot? Logical answers? etc?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
poppy123o6
Full Member
Congrats!! When is your II?
botanyspears
New Member
Congratulations! What interview days were open??II just now! IS, LizzyM 80, complete 7/8, first II of the season for me 😊😊
Congrats!! When is your II?
Next Thursday
D
deleted1143496
any OOS interviews?
any OOS interviews?
Not I, I am OOS from TN
Thank you and just next Thursday!Congratulations! What interview days were open??
I’m sorry 😔 when were you complete?A fun Pre-II R this morning. IS. LM 66. Not really sure what went wrong [emoji853]
I’m sorry [emoji17] when were you complete?
7/20
uthrowaway98130
Full Member
Does anyone have any interview advice?
candy.crush
Full Member
Be prepared for the MMIs (ethical questions, scenarios, etc.)!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
uthrowaway98130
Full Member
Be prepared for the MMIs (ethical questions, scenarios, etc.)!
thanks so much! is the traditional interview on the same day as the MMI?
candy.crush
Full Member
Yes, they'll send you a schedule of the whole day and both interviews will be on the same day!thanks so much! is the traditional interview on the same day as the MMI?
uthrowaway98130
Full Member
Are you allowed to take notes during the mmi? Also is it a 2 min brainstorm period, 6 min talking period? Thanks!
D
deleted1106899
Are there less interviews this year? or just less ppl active on sdn compared to last year?
candy.crush
Full Member
It isn't recommended. And yes, you can think about the question for 2 mins and you don't have to keep talking for the rest of the 6 mins. They can ask follow-up questions.Are you allowed to take notes during the mmi? Also is it a 2 min brainstorm period, 6 min talking period? Thanks!
candy.crush
Full Member
I think people are way less active. I've noticed it on other school forums too.Are there less interviews this year? or just less ppl active on sdn compared to last year?
D
deleted1106899
Getting worried, seems quiet this year.
OOS II received this morning at 4:30AM [emoji1787]
From GA/ strong ties/ 3.9/ 507
From GA/ strong ties/ 3.9/ 507
congratulations! when were you complete?OOS II received this morning at 4:30AM [emoji1787]
From GA/ strong ties/ 3.9/ 507
August 13th! I just did Preview last week so I don't have my score back yet, but my file is still considered complete without it.congratulations! when were you complete?
Hey everyone! I’ve got my interview coming up soon and I was wondering if someone could give me some additional info. I am pretty unfamiliar with the Kira Talent software. Is the interview process asynchronous? Or is it with actual interviews from UAB making use of the software like zoom/google meets?
I know you have to sign a confidentiality form so I don’t have ant questions about the interview itself! Just wondering about the format. Thanks. [emoji4]
I know you have to sign a confidentiality form so I don’t have ant questions about the interview itself! Just wondering about the format. Thanks. [emoji4]
D
deleted1106899
It's a zoom (live) interview for traditional and MMI (kira is similar to zoom)
It's a zoom (live) interview for traditional and MMI (kira is similar to zoom)
Awesome, thank you! I had a friend use Kira at another school and it was asynchronous so I wasn’t sure. I appreciate your help.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1146180
for the mmi, is it a mix of acting/non-acting scenarios?
little.korok
Admitted-DO
They are written scenarios with 9 stations--8 scenarios and a break in the middle. you get 2 minutes to read and contemplate an answer and 6 minutes to answer the question to the interviewer. They typically have follow-up questions, so don't feel obligated to fill the whole 6 minutes.for the mmi, is it a mix of acting/non-acting scenarios?
D
deleted1146180
They are written scenarios with 9 stations--8 scenarios and a break in the middle. you get 2 minutes to read and contemplate an answer and 6 minutes to answer the question to the interviewer. They typically have follow-up questions, so don't feel obligated to fill the whole 6 minutes.
thank you! so does that mean just like ethical scenarios and such?
little.korok
Admitted-DO
Basically--think of it like a verbal CASPer exam.thank you! so does that mean just like ethical scenarios and such?
D
deleted1071640
OOS II received this morning at 4:30AM [emoji1787]
From GA/ strong ties/ 3.9/ 507
Congrats! What interview dates were available?