2022-2023 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they have a specific timeline when they send out IIs? Can we expect something this week?

Members don't see this ad.

so I just submitted my secondary and paid the fee and didn't realize physiology was a prerequisite. Is it safe to say I'm going to be getting a rejection? I ended up putting Bio II and a clinical chemistry class I took as I didn't have any physiology classes

Members don't see this ad :)
so I just submitted my secondary and paid the fee and didn't realize physiology was a prerequisite. Is it safe to say I'm going to be getting a rejection? I ended up putting Bio II and a clinical chemistry class I took as I didn't have any physiology classes
u dont need to do the pre requisites to apply. Many admitted students take CC courses in order to enroll. You can do stuff after acceptance.

u dont need to do the pre requisites to apply. Many admitted students take CC courses in order to enroll. You can do stuff after acceptance.
Yeah, I might be doing that if I get accepted for 1 physiology class if they don’t accept my current class

Interview hold :(. I was pretty surprised, unfortunately. IS, ORM 4.0 GPA, 51x MCAT, 2000 hrs clinical and multiple first author publications. Complete 7/15. Here's to hoping that this isn't a death sentence lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
got placed on hold for an interview.
OOS, LM 71, WARS 76, ORM
Complete 7/13
for those that got placed on hold for interviews, have you taken all of the prereq courses or do you have plans to take them in the future?

Interview hold for me. OOS 3.65/523

Seems like a lot of interview holds... especially OOS

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When were you complete?
Was complete 7/25. Much like thesundancekid, I’m sad. IS, 51x, 3.9x, 2000+ clinical, 2 pubs… I am a reapplicant. Also if you don’t hit the prereqs it doesn’t matter. I recall being emailed prior to my interview last year and that was that.

For what it’s worth, they sent updates weekly last year about your status. I was pulled from hold and got an II in November of last year. Hoping that can happen again

Interview hold. Sucks this is my number 1 school. IS, Veteran, 3.39 cGPA, 3.78 sGPA, 507

Reactions: 1 users
what is the likelihood to getting off interview hold?
Interview hold.

what is the likelihood to getting off interview hold?
Interview hold.
From last year's thread: "For some additional perspective: I was placed on the interview waitlist last cycle and was pulled off just two weeks later. They definitely treat the waitlist as just that - a waitlist. Don't overthink it!"

Has anyone recieved a rejection? I didn’t get out on the II waitlist but I submitted secondary the day I received it. Is this a death sentence?

Has anyone recieved a rejection? I didn’t get out on the II waitlist but I submitted secondary the day I received it. Is this a death sentence?
In previous cycles they didn't do rejections until like March. If you aren't invited to interview when they first review your app, they place you on the interview waitlist until they decide to take you off and interview you or until they send out rejections. Totally possible that they do it differently this year, but that's what they did the past 2 cycles at least

Reactions: 2 users
So with the interview hold system, does that mean if we have neither received an II or a II hold, our app hasn't been reviewed yet? Submitted 7/21 IS ORM on the upper end of GPA/MCAT for this school

So with the interview hold system, does that mean if we have neither received an II or a II hold, our app hasn't been reviewed yet? Submitted 7/21 IS ORM on the upper end of GPA/MCAT for this school
By my understanding, it means they haven’t gotten to us yet, sounds like everyone eventually either gets on II OR II hold. I also haven’t heard anything and am high stats IS

Interview hold just now, IS LM82 Come on man😂

Interview hold just now, IS LM82 Come on man😂
The way they word it sounds like its a different hold than other schools. They say we are competitive applicants, therefore we got on hold... instead of we reviewed your application and were unable to give you an interview, but will continue to review. Maybe they are looking for a specific thing before going through in order of merit.

II today! completed secondary 7/14 and never got Interview Waitlisted

it seems that last cycle people were getting interviews a few days and even weeks after being placed on hold. stay strong y’all!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know which month U of A tends to send out most interviews? I'm on hold rn :/

Does anyone know which month U of A tends to send out most interviews? I'm on hold rn :/
it think it's pretty steady throughout the cycle. going off of the last couple of years, they do interviews on Fridays until like February and I'm pretty sure the interview group sizes are always about the same

Just got interview hold! Complete 7/25/22, OOS, LizzyM 70. Darn!!

Update - I found a quote from UA Tucson themselves on the thread last year:

"Hello everyone!! I want to help clarify a few of the questions regarding our interview hold (IH) status. Each round we select 30 applicants to interview. If you are not selected to interview in that round, we place you on an interview hold. Each week we re-review applicants from the IH status. Hope that helps!"

Reactions: 10 users
Update - I found a quote from UA Tucson themselves on the thread last year:

"Hello everyone!! I want to help clarify a few of the questions regarding our interview hold (IH) status. Each round we select 30 applicants to interview. If you are not selected to interview in that round, we place you on an interview hold. Each week we re-review applicants from the IH status. Hope that helps!"

Interesting… does this mean no one gets rejected?

If you’re put on hold with no response they’ll eventually reject you in February if no II. Unsure if they reject anyone before the hold though

To those who got an II, are you guys having trouble signing up for a date? There's no date available on the calendar on my app.

I just called them to confirm and they said if they review applications after a secondary, you either get an interview or a hold so everyone who doesn’t get an interview gets a hold. No rejections till the end of the cycle. I haven’t gotten either yet and he checked my status and said my application hasn’t been reviewed yet, even though I applied day 1 but it’s interesting

• Hmm
I just called them to confirm and they said if they review applications after a secondary, you either get an interview or a hold so everyone who doesn’t get an interview gets a hold. No rejections till the end of the cycle. I haven’t gotten either yet and he checked my status and said my application hasn’t been reviewed yet, even though I applied day 1 but it’s interesting
I applied first day as well and didn't hear anything back until well after the initial interview invites. On 8/22 they invited me to an interview scheduled for today 9/2.

I applied first day as well and didn't hear anything back until well after the initial interview invites. On 8/22 they invited me to an interview scheduled for today 9/2.

8/22 doesnt count as "well after" the first interviews I feel like.

This makes me feel better haha thank you, good luck on your interview today :)

8/22 doesnt count as "well after" the first interviews I feel like.
The point is that I thought i would be reviewed first because i submitted early. So for those who haven't heard back yet, no news is still good news.

Hey how long did it take for you guys to get ANY status update (II or hold)? I was complete almost a month ago (8/8) and I still don't have any updates, just that my app was received.

Hey how long did it take for you guys to get ANY status update (II or hold)? I was complete almost a month ago (8/8) and I still don't have any updates, just that my app was received.
Complete 7/24, II hold 8/22