You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Arkansas
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
From the UARK premed site:
"This varies by school. UAMS informs a few (20-25) early applicants in December, and an even smaller number in January. Most hear in late February. Those on the alternate list could find out as late as July."
They most likely interviewed in October, as the odds of them having their file "completed" would be much higher.
"This varies by school. UAMS informs a few (20-25) early applicants in December, and an even smaller number in January. Most hear in late February. Those on the alternate list could find out as late as July."
They most likely interviewed in October, as the odds of them having their file "completed" would be much higher.
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Optimism diminishes...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
90% of us will hear back at the end of February. Remain hopeful, my friend.
yellowcake
Full Member
I am hoping to hear this weekend. I interviewed in the second wave. The waiting game is killing me
If you log into GUS, there's an 'accept admission' option. Maybe you can check there and see if there's an update for you.
yellowcake
Full Member
Unfortunately i do not believe that the ‘accept admissions‘ tab updates until later in the cycle. I wish it was that simple. Thank you for the idea though!!
yellowcake
Full Member
anyone heard anything?
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Nope
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
Oh gosh I thought that email from admissions today was a decision. It was just them saying thank you for interviewing and if I have any further questions. The anxiety haha
littledogrex
Full Member
Is this automated, i.e. do they send this to everyone who interviews?Oh gosh I thought that email from admissions today was a decision. It was just them saying thank you for interviewing and if I have any further questions. The anxiety haha
Just got that too. None of the other places I interviewed thanked me, lol.Oh gosh I thought that email from admissions today was a decision. It was just them saying thank you for interviewing and if I have any further questions. The anxiety haha
Oh gosh I thought that email from admissions today was a decision. It was just them saying thank you for interviewing and if I have any further questions. The anxiety haha
Are you IS or OOS?
yellowcake
Full Member
I did not receive any email. Did anybody else not get it?
I didn't eitherI did not receive any email. Did anybody else not get it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
+1. Also, Shalashaska, is your username MGS related?I didn't either
Yep!+1. Also, Shalashaska, is your username MGS related?
littledogrex
Full Member
OOS. Are you IS?Are you IS or OOS?
littledogrex
Full Member
Are you IS?I did not receive any email. Did anybody else not get it?
OOS. Are you IS?
I'm IS
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Fantastic!Yep!
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
I am OOSAre you IS or OOS?
Anyone just get that email from admissions?
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Yup.Anyone just get that email from admissions?
What was it about?Anyone just get that email from admissions?
What was it about?
Letting everyone know to make sure their addresses and emails in AMCAS are correct because they're about to send out acceptances and rejections in roughly 2 weeks
I haven’t received it yet. So does that mean we also receive the news through email?Letting everyone know to make sure their addresses and emails in AMCAS are correct because they're about to send out acceptances and rejections in roughly 2 weeks
I think as long as they have the correct mailing address it doesn't matter. All of their important correspondence is delivered via USPS.I also have not received that email, not even in junk. Not to be too neurotic, but is that a bad sign?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since they say results will be known by the 28th, I suspect they might mail them out later this week, maybe Wednesday or Thursday?Anyone have an idea of when letters will be mailed? Last few years they've gone out on the 25th, but not sure about this year since that's a Saturday.
med-student-2023
Full Member
I didn't receive the email either.I also have not received that email, not even in junk. Not to be too neurotic, but is that a bad sign?
It'll be interesting to see if there's any correlation between this and acceptance/rejection. That would be an odd sort of slip-up, though.I didn't receive the email either.
Are you IS or OOS?I didn't receive the email either.
med-student-2023
Full Member
OOSAre you IS or OOS?
Based on this response, I’m kinda theorizing that IS applicants and OOS applicants potentially receive different sets of emails (as in, maybe two different people are responsible for IS and OOS communication), not counting super important ones like interview invites or acceptances/rejections. From previous messages, it looks like OOS applicants received a thank you email post-interview, while IS applicants didn’t. Similarly, IS applicants received a “please check your info” email, while OOS applicants didn’t. I don’t know if anyone can contradict what I’m saying, but so far that’s what I’m seeing.
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
I am OOS and I received that email about decisions being mailed out within the last weeks of FebBased on this response, I’m kinda theorizing that IS applicants and OOS applicants potentially receive different sets of emails (as in, maybe two different people are responsible for IS and OOS communication), not counting super important ones like interview invites or acceptances/rejections. From previous messages, it looks like OOS applicants received a thank you email post-interview, while IS applicants didn’t. Similarly, IS applicants received a “please check your info” email, while OOS applicants didn’t. I don’t know if anyone can contradict what I’m saying, but so far that’s what I’m seeing.
I’m gonna assume you meant last weeks of Jan here. But yeah all right, then I’m not sure what’s up 😂I am OOS and I received that email about decisions being mailed out within the last weeks of Feb
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
I got the email on Feb 13th about the admissions committee meeting within the last two weeks of Feb to mail out decisions, and I am OOS.I’m gonna assume you meant last weeks of Jan here. But yeah all right, then I’m not sure what’s up 😂
Idk what's going on with the emails but I do know that it's only Tuesday and this has already been the longest week of my life. Just patiently waiting for my letter [emoji29]
I’m pretty calm because I have a 0.001% chance of getting in. I used their interview as practice for my subsequent interviews, lol.
taypremed2
New Member
If we do get accepted, will we have to respond via mail or will there be an online option? Currently an IS applicant going to school OOS and won't be home when letters are mailed out.
ggmoney
Full Member
I would assume the letters are just for notification purposes and then the acceptance will be done through GUS but I don't know for sure. I just know there's an "accept admission" page on GUS so i'm going off of that lolIf we do get accepted, will we have to respond via mail or will there be an online option? Currently an IS applicant going to school OOS and won't be home when letters are mailed out.
taypremed2
New Member
thanks!I would assume the letters are just for notification purposes and then the acceptance will be done through GUS but I don't know for sure. I just know there's an "accept admission" page on GUS so i'm going off of that lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think we’ll get an email as well in addition to physical mail?I would assume the letters are just for notification purposes and then the acceptance will be done through GUS but I don't know for sure. I just know there's an "accept admission" page on GUS so i'm going off of that lol
It doesn't seem like anyone last year reported getting an email at/around the same time as the letters, but who knows?Do you think we’ll get an email as well in addition to physical mail?
Your admission packet for both accepted and waitlisted applicants will contain a packet of papers, thicker for accepted than waitlisted. The rejection letters will come in standard envelopes. You might be able to tell from USPS informed delivery. This was the longest week of my life. Good luck!!
Your admission packet for both accepted and waitlisted applicants will contain a packet of papers, thicker for accepted than waitlisted. The rejection letters will come in standard envelopes. You might be able to tell from USPS informed delivery. This was the longest week of my life. Good luck!!View attachment 366595View attachment 366596
Is that Facebook post from today? I don't see it now.