2022-2023 Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I won’t lie watching this thing move place to place is a surreal experience. Would be hilarious if it turns out to be nothing 😂 guess I’ll let you guys know tomorrow

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone received or heard of someone receiving letters yet?

I won’t lie watching this thing move place to place is a surreal experience. Would be hilarious if it turns out to be nothing 😂 guess I’ll let you guys know tomorrow
Update: It’s not Arkansas :(

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am an in-state student who applied. Did not receive the letter today…. Probably will Monday. I’m so scared. I don’t want to waste a year of my life doing nothing if I don’t get in.

• Care
I am an in-state student who applied. Did not receive the letter today…. Probably will Monday. I’m so scared. I don’t want to waste a year of my life doing nothing if I don’t get in.
same...I keep second guessing whether my application was good enough. So ready to just know already!

If you don’t get in, you can’t look at the coming year as a waste. Be productive and involved with medicine. Give them more reason to choose you next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Many will probably hear on Monday and Tuesday, except for OOS people. Good luck!!

Update from NWA: Informed delivery currently says the following, "There is a mailpiece for which we do not currently have an image that is included in Today 's mail."

NWA and NEA may be getting theirs tomorrow.

Update from NWA: Informed delivery currently says the following, "There is a mailpiece for which we do not currently have an image that is included in Today 's mail."

NWA and NEA may be getting theirs tomorrow.
I'm NWA and mine says the same! Good luck everyone :)

My informed delivery is also showing a parcel with no image, but I'm sure its something else. That's too good to be true.

Does no image really mean it’s a bigger letter?!? Because mine says no image available too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does no image really mean it’s a bigger letter?!? Because mine says no image available too.
USPS doesn't take pictures of catalogs, books, magazines, and mail parcels that are larger than a standard size envelope. So it could be a large letter or something that isn't a letter at all.

Rejected. The rejections are in big white envelopes too. Good luck to the rest of yall!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
USPS doesn't take pictures of catalogs, books, magazines, and mail parcels that are larger than a standard size envelope. So it could be a large letter or something that isn't a letter at all.

This all depends on where you live. There are pre sequenced flats that will be imaged if you live in an area that uses FSS. FSS machines sequence the magazines and large envelopes like the DPS machines for letters. Other towns that don’t use FSS have the mail carriers sort and case all of this mail. So, in those instances, there should be no images. I don’t know how many places still use FSS, but I would guess that Little Rock, Fayetteville, Conway, etc., still do. It’s only going to be big towns if any.

Rejected. The rejections are in big white envelopes too. Good luck to the rest of yall!
I'm sorry to hear that. It's a little annoying that they switched things up after applicants got accustomed to the difference in envelopes. I appreciate you letting us know about that.

I'm so sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you have another acceptance! May I ask if you are instate or OOS and what your stats are?

This is incredibly unhealthy, I’m constantly getting the adrenaline shivers.

Maybe a dumb question, but do they come in the same envelopes that say "medicine" on the front too? Thank you for sharing with us, I'm sorry that you had to go through that first.
Yes it does. No worries, I'm going to be a physician either way, so its all good.

I withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck everyone!! (and sorry to hear that rejections are mailed…that’s really ****ty when an email would have sufficed🥴)

Just got my A in the mail!!! @The Taco Show was right, the adrenaline shivers don't stop for a while lol

Reactions: 4 users
I’m from NEA and my informed Delivery said something was supposed to come today but it didn’t :( been stressed all day for nothing.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Tired of waiting for your letter in the mail? Hint hint... if your mom or dad or both are UAMS college of medicine alum, you are 100% in. If not, well good luck next cycle!

The probability of getting in if you have family who has studied at UAMS is definitely higher than for other applicants, but it’s not 100% guaranteed for anyone’s (first especially) cycle if the admissions committee finds that something is lacking. This is true for all applicants, regardless of alum status.

Got the A. Hoping to go to NWA for family support since I'm a nontrad with kids. Congrats everyone else.

Reactions: 3 users
Been following uams admissions very closely for the last 6 years. Can count on one hand how many kids didn't get in first try who had a mommy/daddy doctor...

Tired of waiting for your letter in the mail? Hint hint... if your mom or dad or both are UAMS college of medicine alum, you are 100% in. If not, well good luck next cycle!
Yeah… I would be the first doctor in my entire extended family so… lol

Been following uams admissions very closely for the last 6 years. Can count on one hand how many kids didn't get in first try who had a mommy/daddy doctor...
I agree that there may be a higher likelihood of acceptance for doctor’s kids; however, I know quite a few presently practicing physicians who were rejected their first cycle and whose family members were and are very important alums! No guarantees just a higher likelihood!

I’m from NEA and my informed Delivery said something was supposed to come today but it didn’t :( been stressed all day for nothing.
Mondays are notoriously difficult for mail carriers especially if someone called in sick. It is also possible that your carrier may have been the sick call, and if so, your route might not have been delivered at all by a sub or other FTR. The same goes for if you received small letters only, the carrier may not have had time to case all of the unsequenced large mail. Most post offices are incredibly understaffed.

Last edited: