You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Arkansas
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Update: It’s not Arkansas 🙁I won’t lie watching this thing move place to place is a surreal experience. Would be hilarious if it turns out to be nothing 😂 guess I’ll let you guys know tomorrow
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an in-state student who applied. Did not receive the letter today…. Probably will Monday. I’m so scared. I don’t want to waste a year of my life doing nothing if I don’t get in.
ggmoney
Full Member
same...I keep second guessing whether my application was good enough. So ready to just know already!I am an in-state student who applied. Did not receive the letter today…. Probably will Monday. I’m so scared. I don’t want to waste a year of my life doing nothing if I don’t get in.
Ayjay Alleyway
New Member
If you don’t get in, you can’t look at the coming year as a waste. Be productive and involved with medicine. Give them more reason to choose you next year.I am an in-state student who applied. Did not receive the letter today…. Probably will Monday. I’m so scared. I don’t want to waste a year of my life doing nothing if I don’t get in.
Last edited:
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Nothing today.
Nothing here either
Update from NWA: Informed delivery currently says the following, "There is a mailpiece for which we do not currently have an image that is included in Today 's mail."
NWA and NEA may be getting theirs tomorrow.
NWA and NEA may be getting theirs tomorrow.
ggmoney
Full Member
I'm NWA and mine says the same! Good luck everyone 🙂Update from NWA: Informed delivery currently says the following, "There is a mailpiece for which we do not currently have an image that is included in Today 's mail."
NWA and NEA may be getting theirs tomorrow.
My informed delivery is also showing a parcel with no image, but I'm sure its something else. That's too good to be true.
Does no image really mean it’s a bigger letter?!? Because mine says no image available too.
USPS doesn't take pictures of catalogs, books, magazines, and mail parcels that are larger than a standard size envelope. So it could be a large letter or something that isn't a letter at all.Does no image really mean it’s a bigger letter?!? Because mine says no image available too.
Rejected. The rejections are in big white envelopes too. Good luck to the rest of yall!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
USPS doesn't take pictures of catalogs, books, magazines, and mail parcels that are larger than a standard size envelope. So it could be a large letter or something that isn't a letter at all.
This all depends on where you live. There are pre sequenced flats that will be imaged if you live in an area that uses FSS. FSS machines sequence the magazines and large envelopes like the DPS machines for letters. Other towns that don’t use FSS have the mail carriers sort and case all of this mail. So, in those instances, there should be no images. I don’t know how many places still use FSS, but I would guess that Little Rock, Fayetteville, Conway, etc., still do. It’s only going to be big towns if any.
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Rejected. The rejections are in big white envelopes too. Good luck to the rest of yall!
Oh no. Sorry to hear that.
I'm sorry to hear that. It's a little annoying that they switched things up after applicants got accustomed to the difference in envelopes. I appreciate you letting us know about that.Rejected. The rejections are in big white envelopes too. Good luck to the rest of yall!
DRwillseeyou
Full Member
I'm so sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you have another acceptance! May I ask if you are instate or OOS and what your stats are?Rejected. The rejections are in big white envelopes too. Good luck to the rest of yall!
taypremed2
New Member
this is just evilRejected. The rejections are in big white envelopes too. Good luck to the rest of yall!
ggmoney
Full Member
right? all the relief I was feeling is gone. Why on earth would they do thatthis is just evil
I'm so sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you have another acceptance! May I ask if you are instate or OOS and what your stats are?
DMd you
taypremed2
New Member
Maybe a dumb question, but do they come in the same envelopes that say "medicine" on the front too? Thank you for sharing with us, I'm sorry that you had to go through that first.DMd you
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
This is incredibly unhealthy, I’m constantly getting the adrenaline shivers.
Yes it does. No worries, I'm going to be a physician either way, so its all good.Maybe a dumb question, but do they come in the same envelopes that say "medicine" on the front too? Thank you for sharing with us, I'm sorry that you had to go through that first.
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Welp. I’m going to be a doctor!!!!!
Congratulations!!Welp. I’m going to be a doctor!!!!!
congrats!!Welp. I’m going to be a doctor!!!!!
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
The adrenaline shivers aren't going away 😂😂
Congratulations! Anything distinctive about the packet to say it's an acceptance?The adrenaline shivers aren't going away 😂😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
It has a ton of stuff in it.Congratulations! Anything distinctive about the packet to say it's an acceptance?
zestyzigzagoon
Full Member
I withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck everyone!! (and sorry to hear that rejections are mailed…that’s really ****ty when an email would have sufficed🥴)
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
Same here, I am OOS as wellNo mail yet for me, who is OOS 😔
I’m from NEA and my informed Delivery said something was supposed to come today but it didn’t 🙁 been stressed all day for nothing.
Last edited:
Tired of waiting for your letter in the mail? Hint hint... if your mom or dad or both are UAMS college of medicine alum, you are 100% in. If not, well good luck next cycle!
Welp. I’m going to be a doctor!!!!!
Just got my A in the mail!!! @The Taco Show was right, the adrenaline shivers don't stop for a while lol
Would you guys mind DMimg me your stats? I received an R unfortunately and would like to know what to strive for next cycle. Congratulations on your success!
The probability of getting in if you have family who has studied at UAMS is definitely higher than for other applicants, but it’s not 100% guaranteed for anyone’s (first especially) cycle if the admissions committee finds that something is lacking. This is true for all applicants, regardless of alum status.
Been following uams admissions very closely for the last 6 years. Can count on one hand how many kids didn't get in first try who had a mommy/daddy doctor...
DRwillseeyou
Full Member
Got an A!!!!
Yeah… I would be the first doctor in my entire extended family so… lolTired of waiting for your letter in the mail? Hint hint... if your mom or dad or both are UAMS college of medicine alum, you are 100% in. If not, well good luck next cycle!
Congratulations!!Yeah… I would be the first doctor in my entire extended family so… lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree that there may be a higher likelihood of acceptance for doctor’s kids; however, I know quite a few presently practicing physicians who were rejected their first cycle and whose family members were and are very important alums! No guarantees just a higher likelihood!Been following uams admissions very closely for the last 6 years. Can count on one hand how many kids didn't get in first try who had a mommy/daddy doctor...
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Just got my A in the mail!!! @The Taco Show was right, the adrenaline shivers don't stop for a while lol
Yay!!!!
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Got an A!!!!
Congrats!!
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Congrats!!Got the A. Hoping to go to NWA for family support since I'm a nontrad with kids. Congrats everyone else.
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Mondays are notoriously difficult for mail carriers especially if someone called in sick. It is also possible that your carrier may have been the sick call, and if so, your route might not have been delivered at all by a sub or other FTR. The same goes for if you received small letters only, the carrier may not have had time to case all of the unsequenced large mail. Most post offices are incredibly understaffed.I’m from NEA and my informed Delivery said something was supposed to come today but it didn’t 🙁 been stressed all day for nothing.
Last edited: