You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Baylor
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They are taking over A&M facility so cant be all that new.Does anyone know if the Temple campus will have cadavers and an anatomy lab? I know some new medical schools don't initially.
D
deleted1141024
Anyone know if there is a second look weekend before we have to make our match lists? Or is it going to be after the match? I believe UTSW's is before.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1139705
Is the pre interview social mandatory? I’ve got a time conflict 😔
no it's not requiredIs the pre interview social mandatory? I’ve got a time conflict 😔
You received IIs from UCSF, UCLA, WashU but not schools other than Baylor in Texas?Is the pre interview social mandatory? I’ve got a time conflict 😔
D
deleted1124754
Wow same here 🙂 I guess I wasn’t alone with no ii from Texas besides BaylorNothing from Southwestern, McGovern, Dell, Long, and UTMB 🤷🏾
Do your interviewers have any bearing on campus placement? Both my interviewers are from Temple and I don’t know if I should take this as a sign they are interested in me as a Temple candidate or nah?
D
deleted1141024
I was in the same boat. I really don't know the answer. Just do your best and be open minded during it just in caseDo your interviewers have any bearing on campus placement? Both my interviewers are from Temple and I don’t know if I should take this as a sign they are interested in me as a Temple candidate or nah?
I don't think so, as many applicants have said they had Temple based interviewers. My thought is that it was an effort to give applicants a chance to meet the Temple teaching faculty and form a good impressionDo your interviewers have any bearing on campus placement? Both my interviewers are from Temple and I don’t know if I should take this as a sign they are interested in me as a Temple candidate or nah?
From today's interview:
December interviewees will probably hear back for pre-matches around middle-late January. Committee will not meet to discuss our interviews until they are back from the winter break.
Any prematches that go out this month will be from November and earlier.
December interviewees will probably hear back for pre-matches around middle-late January. Committee will not meet to discuss our interviews until they are back from the winter break.
Any prematches that go out this month will be from November and earlier.
Did any acceptees just get an email saying they haven't responded to their acceptance offer even though you did???
I think that calls for a phone call!Did any acceptees just get an email saying they haven't responded to their acceptance offer even though you did???
D
deleted1141024
Same here. I emailed them right now. Very strange.Did any acceptees just get an email saying they haven't responded to their acceptance offer even though you did???
pnaupnau123
Full Member
is this the end for OOS applicants who don't have a II yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called, they sorted it out! Some sort of technical problem on their sideSame here. I emailed them right now. Very strange.
UTSW now Baylor - are MD applicants getting hacking savvy and triggering these unwanted email problems?
Wondering the same :/is this the end for OOS applicants who don't have a II yet?
ttaroundtheworld
Full Member
II today / OOS
big congratulations!! if you dont mind me asking about complete date and interview dates offered? tysm in advance!II today / OOS
ttaroundtheworld
Full Member
Thanks!big congratulations!! if you dont mind me asking about complete date and interview dates offered? tysm in advance!
I applied for MD-PHD, completed 10/30 , first week of Jan
D
deleted1139705
If you interviewed in December, not until midway through January.Anyone know when to expect second round of pre matches?
You were right!! 😭😭😭 prematched!! 🌟The last major round of prematches occurred exactly one month ago. So maybe today this afternoon?
D
deleted1141314
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?You were right!! 😭😭😭 prematched!! 🌟
congrats!!! 🥳🥳🥳 when did you interview?You were right!! 😭😭😭 prematched!! 🌟
ttaroundtheworld
Full Member
Congrats!You were right!! 😭😭😭 prematched!! 🌟
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?
congrats!!! 🥳🥳🥳 when did you interview?
Thank you all! Stats in signature - LM 70.7 WARS 87, interviewed in Sept!Congrats!
just got the call!! prematched!! 🥳💕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations on joining the elite list with both UTSW and Baylor prematches and having to choose between them during the match.You were right!! 😭😭😭 prematched!! 🌟
They list LM as 70.7 and I dont think that means anything since there were IIs from Yale and Chicago. So @pinkgalaxy must have some cure to cancer paper or something that separates them from the LM 81 types.Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?
congrats to prematches!!
Thank you! It’s definitely going to be a hard decision.Congratulations on joining the elite list with both UTSW and Baylor prematches and having to choose between them during the match.
They list LM as 70.7 and I dont think that means anything since there were IIs from Yale and Chicago. So @pinkgalaxy must have some cure to cancer paper or something that separates them from the LM 81 types.
I do have my hand in research (nothing like that at all!) but my enthusiasm for what I do shows through in interviews if I’m lucky enough to get one. Didn’t have high expectations going into this cycle and I thought I was going to get screened out. So happy I didn’t let those high medians get to my head!
D
deleted1124754
Congratulations @pinkgalaxy @darseydog @peachicecream !!! It’s always nice to see people pop off 🙂
With the limited data that is available, does anyone know if Baylor is a prematch heavy school?
With the limited data that is available, does anyone know if Baylor is a prematch heavy school?
I was told during my interview day that Baylor plans to make about 75 prematch offers this year! (Or maybe that that's what they did last year but it was implied that it would be similar this year as well)Congratulations @pinkgalaxy @darseydog @peachicecream !!! It’s always nice to see people pop off 🙂
With the limited data that is available, does anyone know if Baylor is a prematch heavy school?
They said something similar during my interview too!I was told during my interview day that Baylor plans to make about 75 prematch offers this year! (Or maybe that that's what they did last year but it was implied that it would be similar this year as well)
D
deleted1132724
Not sure if I entirely believe you haven't cured cancer. You have 15 II. You are a superstar. Congratulations!Thank you! It’s definitely going to be a hard decision.
I do have my hand in research (nothing like that at all!) but my enthusiasm for what I do shows through in interviews if I’m lucky enough to get one. Didn’t have high expectations going into this cycle and I thought I was going to get screened out. So happy I didn’t let those high medians get to my head!
D
deleted1141024
At my interview they said they would prematch around 75 but someone said they said at a later interview it would be roughly 100 that would prematch. That means they prematch ~1/2 of their potential spots. However not everyone that pre-matches will go there.Congratulations @pinkgalaxy @darseydog @peachicecream !!! It’s always nice to see people pop off 🙂
With the limited data that is available, does anyone know if Baylor is a prematch heavy school?
In a lot of cases they prescreen using stats and many people get screened out. The rumor has been that Chicago was just in it to make money because once upon a time they would reject you within a week of submitting secondary and there was no way the secondary was reviewed and they essentially prescreened everyone. They started waiting a little longer when people on SDN started advocating boycotting them.Thank you! It’s definitely going to be a hard decision.
I do have my hand in research (nothing like that at all!) but my enthusiasm for what I do shows through in interviews if I’m lucky enough to get one. Didn’t have high expectations going into this cycle and I thought I was going to get screened out. So happy I didn’t let those high medians get to my head!
I was complete 8/17, interviewed 9/30May I ask when did y’all interview for the prematches?
Made my day! Thank you so much!!!Not sure if I entirely believe you haven't cured cancer. You have 15 II. You are a superstar. Congratulations!
Congrats! May I ask what your stats and interview date is?PREMATCHEDDDDDDD!!! Literally was shaking the whole time on the phone haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hzhang1202
Full Member
JUST PREMATCHED! Absolutely over the moon!! Interviewed 8/26! I got the call from Dr. Cable who I think will lead the Temple Campus... is that indicative of where they will place me or were the calls just randomly split between him and Dr. Vallejo?
puppyluvr52737
New Member
Congrats!! Just out of curiosity, were your interviewers also from the Temple campus?JUST PREMATCHED! Absolutely over the moon!! Interviewed 8/26! I got the call from Dr. Cable who I think will lead the Temple Campus... is that indicative of where they will place me or were the calls just randomly split between him and Dr. Vallejo?
D
deleted1106377
First off big congrats! I haven’t prematched, but in my uneducated opinion I think they just split the calls. I doubt Dr. Vallejo can call everybodyJUST PREMATCHED! Absolutely over the moon!! Interviewed 8/26! I got the call from Dr. Cable who I think will lead the Temple Campus... is that indicative of where they will place me or were the calls just randomly split between him and Dr. Vallejo?
hzhang1202
Full Member
One MS2 and one physician, both from Houston campus.Congrats!! Just out of curiosity, were your interviewers also from the Temple campus?
hzhang1202
Full Member
I think you're right! Hang in there, you got this!First off big congrats! I haven’t prematched, but in my uneducated opinion I think they just split the calls. I doubt Dr. Vallejo can call everybody