2022-2023 Baylor

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Can OOS students get an acceptance offer before March?
I found this online (lol): "October 15 – April 30: Admissions decisions for non-Texas residents go out. They will communicate the decision to you directly, not TMDSAS. You will not participate in the Match, you won’t worry about ranking any schools, nor will you receive any Pre-Match offers. However, you may receive multiple offers from more than one TMDSAS school during this time."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know what the timing looked like last year?
Last year they sent out new offers about once a month.
But, as they say when you're buying stocks, "past performance is not a guarantee of future returns"

P.S. they are making phone calls today, so turn on your ringer and answer them! If you get a telemarketer you can hang up.
 
Last edited:
Last year they sent out new offers about once a month.
But, as they say when you're buying stocks, "past performance is not a guarantee of future returns"

P.S. they are making phone calls today, so turn on your ringer and answer them! If you get a telemarketer you can hang up.
lucky for me, my dad has been shopping for car insurance and put my phone number down. Everytime I picked up the phone today I had a nice wave of disappointment followed by someone from geico asking me if I was looking for a better rate.

Frustrated Gecko GIF
 
Last edited:
lucky for me, my dad has been shopping for car insurance and put my phone number down. Everytime I picked up the phone today I had a nice wave of disappointed followed by someone from geico asking me if I was looking for a better rate.

Frustrated Gecko GIF
Hey but you probably made the day of some geico salesman who was greeted pleasantly by someone on the phone!
 
Has it been a one-day wave in the past?
Not the same people call everyone and the calls are distributed among various administrative types or faculty. They have to make time in their day to make the calls.

The first wave should have at least 10+ postings if not more.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you. It's my first acceptance and very grateful for the opportunity.
That is something - first acceptance in the cycle with a full ride. Does it mean they are giving living expenses on top of tuition?

Are you instate? How many interviews did you do?
 
That is something - first acceptance in the cycle with a full ride. Does it mean they are giving living expenses on top of tuition?

Are you instate? How many interviews did you do?
Sorry I guess it's full tuition, not full ride!

I'm in-state with 7 TMDSAS interviews. I will say though that I have work experience in Temple which I don't think a lot of people do.
 
Sorry I guess it's full tuition, not full ride!

I'm in-state with 7 TMDSAS interviews. I haven't prematched anywhere including UTSW so this was a surprise for sure. I will say though that I have work experience in Temple which I don't think a lot of people do.
Do you still live there?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who prematched, has anyone gotten an email yet to confirm?
I suspect they wont release the letters until people have confirmed completing the calls. Not sure if they release for one caller at a time or the whole group in the end.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was anyone else's offer letter just stock language?? My offer letter tab just says:

"test scholarship letter this is the scholarship decision:

SCHOLARSHIP DECISION"

LOL RIP
That's what mine says too! Did you also have 2 identical tabs to accept the offer?