2022-2023 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone from 1/20 or later gotten an A or has it just been WLs?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Quick question for accepted applicants cuz I’m being paranoid: signing the paperwork and giving the deposit does not mean we’re committing for good right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question for accepted applicants cuz I’m being paranoid: signing the paperwork and giving the deposit does not mean we’re committing for good right?
nah, it's not binding until you commit to enroll on AMCAS Choose Your Medical School

Got the A today!!! my first A interviewed 1/6 and waitlisted 2/3, 507, cGPA 3.72, sGPA 3.63, IE resident, good luck to all!!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Got the A today!!! my first A interviewed 1/6 and waitlisted 2/3, 507, cGPA 3.72, sGPA 3.63, IE resident, good luck to all!!

WL movement already started? That was quick omg. Congrats!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Excited to hear waitlist movement started already, im so anxious!!!!

WL movement already started? That was quick omg. Congrats!

i was so shocked bc waitlist movement didn’t start until late march last year so i wasn’t expecting anything anytime soon, thank you!!

Reactions: 1 user
i was so shocked bc waitlist movement didn’t start until late march last year so i wasn’t expecting anything anytime soon, thank you!!

Can I ask your stats? I was waitlisted way back around Nov and didn’t hear anything back since

Can I ask your stats? I was waitlisted way back around Nov and didn’t hear anything back since

507, cGPA 3.72, sGPA 3.63, and i’m an IE resident which helps, feel free to ask me about anything else!

So if waitlist movement is occurring is it safe to say they're done giving out regular non-WL As? interviewed 1/20 and havent heard anything yet rip

Does anyone know what it says on msar about the waitlist, like how many people they put vs how many are accepted off the waitlist

Does anyone know what it says on msar about the waitlist, like how many people they put vs how many are accepted off the waitlist

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 6.51.20 PM.jpg

it doesn’t give any info

Is there typically a lot of oos movement off of the waitlist?

regardless of how late it is in the cycle you're always interviewing for an open seat :)
Do you know if usually there are still a good amount of spots left for interviewing in March and April? I submitted my II in September and haven't heard anything yet :/

Do you know if usually there are still a good amount of spots left for interviewing in March and April? I submitted my II in September and haven't heard anything yet :/
unfortunately since I'm just a student there's no way for me to know how many spots are left at this point in the cycle :/ sorry I can't give more insight

First year student here. We had our LCME visits already and for those who don't know, they do a combination of planned and surprise visits. From what I've heard, the visits went well and they had good things to say about our program. However, the LCME meets at the end of February to discuss more and we should be notified about their decision on our accreditation by early March.

To be completely honest, I feel the delays in accreditation are a combination of a few things: First the accreditation process is already very long, second Covid most likely made it extremely difficult and elongated the process further, and lastly, while I don't know any specifics I feel that the school was not as serious about accreditation during the first two years as they are now, which probably set us back a few years on the process (This could also be due to the school not having an official building for the early years of the school) however, those problems have since been resolved and I feel that we are on-track for accreditation. But I guess we'll find out the hard truth in March.

I was wondering if there was any update on this? Other schools' accreditation status on the LCME directory has updated this morning but CUSM's status still says preliminary. Does anybody happen to know whether we will find out sometime soon or if the decision has been delayed until the next scheduled LCME meeting in mid-June? Thanks

Reactions: 2 users
I was wondering if there was any update on this? Other schools' accreditation status on the LCME directory has updated this morning but CUSM's status still says preliminary. Does anybody happen to know whether we will find out sometime soon or if the decision has been delayed until the next scheduled LCME meeting in mid-June? Thanks
+1 also very curious about this.

Does anyone know when are we expecting financial aid decisions?

Masters email received! (and no comment on my primary and secondary)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Masters email received! (and no comment on my primary and secondary)
Ok it wasnt just me lol I interviewed 1/20 and have since been ghosted so I thought maybe it was another soft R

Hey everyone, so I interviewed 1/20 and haven't received a response yet. I also never sent a thank you letter. Do you think it would be too late to send one? Or do you think it would be a good idea to follow up with admissions regarding my interview. Or just leave them alone lol.

Sucks cuz this is my only MD interview and my number one choice. I have a bunch of DO schools asking for deposits that I'll have to pay soon or lose the seats 🦈

Hey everyone, so I interviewed 1/20 and haven't received a response yet. I also never sent a thank you letter. Do you think it would be too late to send one? Or do you think it would be a good idea to follow up with admissions regarding my interview. Or just leave them alone lol.

Sucks cuz this is my only MD interview and my number one choice. I have a bunch of DO schools asking for deposits that I'll have to pay soon or lose the seats 🦈
i also have silence after 1/20 ii. idk about emailing them i feel like its late but could say it saved to drafts or something, but also ive heard that sending a thank u doesnt make a difference. also i got the masters email and my heart like skipped a beat but i got sooo many of those masters emails between scheduling my interview and actually having it so im not sure it means anything. im sorry youre in a sticky spot... heres to hoping we hear back soon!

i also have silence after 1/20 ii. idk about emailing them i feel like its late but could say it saved to drafts or something, but also ive heard that sending a thank u doesnt make a difference. also i got the masters email and my heart like skipped a beat but i got sooo many of those masters emails between scheduling my interview and actually having it so im not sure it means anything. im sorry youre in a sticky spot... heres to hoping we hear back soon!
I’m on the waitlist, and I received the master’s email as well. I don’t think it means anything… I’m not sure tho!

I’m on the waitlist, and I received the master’s email as well. I don’t think it means anything… I’m not sure tho!
I’m accepted and received the Masters email. I think they blasted it out to everyone.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I Interviewed in November, and I haven't heard anything. Not even a notification that I'm waitlisted. Just wondering if that's normal or if maybe I should email them?

I Interviewed in November, and I haven't heard anything. Not even a notification that I'm waitlisted. Just wondering if that's normal or if maybe I should email them?
It sounds like this school does silent Rs sadly, even post interview. I'm in the same boat. Does anyone know if they do a mass rejection at some point? or will they just leave us hanging eternally haha

It sounds like this school does silent Rs sadly, even post interview. I'm in the same boat. Does anyone know if they do a mass rejection at some point? or will they just leave us hanging eternally haha
I just looked at when I applied in 2020 lol they didnt send a mass rejection email until July. So dont hold your breath yall

Hey there! Anyone here who completed the MBS program at CUSM, interviewed and heard a decision by now?