2022-2023 Connecticut

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hate to be that person but do you mind sharing stats?? This is one of my top choices and I am IS as well. Still waiting 🙁
Sure I had a 512, 3.30 undergrad, and 4.0 postbacc. Took a few years off (2 years research, 1 postbacc, 1 clinical job). Keep your head up though! I have heard that a lot of UCONNs interviews go out later. Best of luck 🙂
 
Last edited:
Really sorry to hear that. Hoping that it'll turn into an A for you! Did they give you an estimate for how long it would take to hear back during your interview day?
No worries! They mentioned it would take a little less than a month to hear back and that was actually the case.
 
I got an invite a week ago. It was super last minute. I interviewed earlier this week, OOS. I think people aren't reporting because it's so quiet on this thread
Same here! I received an II for the 10th and they emailed me only a week before it. I think that they are likely still interviewing because its not like the email comes 1+ months before like a lot of other places and its still only Feb!!
 
Got placed on alternative status list - assuming this is essentially a WL. Does anyone know if there is movement/do people get accepted off of this?
+1, same interview date and decision. I believe near April/May they rank the list High/Med/Low priority and give out offers from there depending on how many are accepting. From what I’ve seen only high priority WL get offers
 
+1, same interview date and decision. I believe near April/May they rank the list High/Med/Low priority and give out offers from there depending on how many are accepting. From what I’ve seen only high priority WL get offers
Do they accept people off of the high priority WL, trying to manage my expectations here but pretty discouraged - especially being an IS applicant
 
Do they accept people off of the high priority WL, trying to manage my expectations here but pretty discouraged - especially being an IS applicant
I feel that for sure, OOS but UConn is my top choice. From what I’ve read, they usually do accept off of high-priority WL. Sometimes they need to go to medium-priority if there haven’t been enough acceptances.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Might as well liven this thread up with some unrelated content. Your profile pic is really pretty, where is that?
Thanks! I added it a long time ago, so I can't remember the exact location but I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in New Hampshire
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my interview Monday and just got my schedule for that day. Am I supposed to receive the names of the professor and student or are they anonymous until the interview itself?
 
Wow, I’m so happy for you! Congrats! Way to persist [emoji1433]
Acceptance email just now! Interviewed 2/13. I'm so emotional about this one. I was waitlisted here two cycles in a row, finally got the A!
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing what changes you made this cycle compared to previous ones, so that I can follow in your footsteps? Thanks for your attention!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing what changes you made this cycle compared to previous ones, so that I can follow in your footsteps? Thanks for your attention!
Thanks! I'm not 100% sure what they saw as the most meaningful change, but I'm happy to DM you to talk about my journey if that'd be helpful!
 
Did anyone else who interviewed 3/20 receive an email regarding the 2023 NRMP data yet? I haven't and thought they were going to send them after the interviews.
 
Does anyone know if there are opportunities abroad for med students? A lot of schools have these types of opportunities, but I can't find any evidence of it on the med school website
 
Does anyone know if there are opportunities abroad for med students? A lot of schools have these types of opportunities, but I can't find any evidence of it on the med school website

I didn’t find anything online either but they mentioned opportunities in Uganda and the DR during my interview