2022-2023 Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do we know if CT has wrapped up interviews?I feel like this thread has been very inactive haha
According to the Admissions website, the interview invitations end in March.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II this morning! they asked if I was available next Friday the 10th so I think someone might have canceled. Super excited either way :)
I hate to be that person but do you mind sharing stats?? This is one of my top choices and I am IS as well. Still waiting :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate to be that person but do you mind sharing stats?? This is one of my top choices and I am IS as well. Still waiting :(
Sure I had a 512, 3.30 undergrad, and 4.0 postbacc. Took a few years off (2 years research, 1 postbacc, 1 clinical job). Keep your head up though! I have heard that a lot of UCONNs interviews go out later. Best of luck :)

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear that. Hoping that it'll turn into an A for you! Did they give you an estimate for how long it would take to hear back during your interview day?
No worries! They mentioned it would take a little less than a month to hear back and that was actually the case.

Anyone know if they’re still sending II? Super quiet thread this year. IS and been completed since August

This school’s page looks like the most quiet. International complete in august too

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if they’re still sending II? Super quiet thread this year. IS and been completed since August
I got an invite a week ago. It was super last minute. I interviewed earlier this week, OOS. I think people aren't reporting because it's so quiet on this thread

I got an invite a week ago. It was super last minute. I interviewed earlier this week, OOS. I think people aren't reporting because it's so quiet on this thread
Same here! I received an II for the 10th and they emailed me only a week before it. I think that they are likely still interviewing because its not like the email comes 1+ months before like a lot of other places and its still only Feb!!

Got placed on alternative status list - assuming this is essentially a WL. Does anyone know if there is movement/do people get accepted off of this?

Got placed on alternative status list - assuming this is essentially a WL. Does anyone know if there is movement/do people get accepted off of this?
+1, same interview date and decision. I believe near April/May they rank the list High/Med/Low priority and give out offers from there depending on how many are accepting. From what I’ve seen only high priority WL get offers

+1, same interview date and decision. I believe near April/May they rank the list High/Med/Low priority and give out offers from there depending on how many are accepting. From what I’ve seen only high priority WL get offers
Do they accept people off of the high priority WL, trying to manage my expectations here but pretty discouraged - especially being an IS applicant

Do they accept people off of the high priority WL, trying to manage my expectations here but pretty discouraged - especially being an IS applicant
I feel that for sure, OOS but UConn is my top choice. From what I’ve read, they usually do accept off of high-priority WL. Sometimes they need to go to medium-priority if there haven’t been enough acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have an idea of how long the current wait is for post-II decisions? I interviewed in early February, and I’m very eager to hear back

Does anyone have an idea of how long the current wait is for post-II decisions? I interviewed in early February, and I’m very eager to hear back
I interviewed feb 10th and they told us that we would hear back mid/late march. I'm really hoping for mid march!!

It's a shame they don't take updates. They have a much smaller applicant pool than other schools, which would probably be easier to manage.

I got an II on 2/20 and its scheduled for 3/20. What were yalls thoughts on the interview and the format of it?

wow a month is pretty far to schedule out at this point in the cycle. that's surprising, I wonder if they are close to done with IIs then bc if they send more out they'd be scheduling into April.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i don’t have many II so I’ll take any I can get haha

Has anyone who interviewed in Feb heard back? I interviewed 2/10. I know they said mid to late march I'm just curious.

Has anyone who interviewed in Feb heard back? I interviewed 2/10. I know they said mid to late march I'm just curious.
Ditto, nothing yet. I sent an update post-II, as well. Hopefully we will hear this week

I think you might hear back this week because second look is next week friday.

Congrats on the interview! I have mine next week. How’d you feel about the interview format and if it was more conversation/formal?

Might as well liven this thread up with some unrelated content. Your profile pic is really pretty, where is that?
Thanks! I added it a long time ago, so I can't remember the exact location but I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in New Hampshire

I have my interview Monday and just got my schedule for that day. Am I supposed to receive the names of the professor and student or are they anonymous until the interview itself?

Ah okay thanks! How’d you like the interview was it conversational or on the more formal end?
Very conversational! The faculty interviewer was a little bit more formal but really not bad. Just a few standard interview Qs.

Acceptance email just now! Interviewed 2/13. I'm so emotional about this one. I was waitlisted here two cycles in a row, finally got the A!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Acceptance email just now! Interviewed 2/13. I'm so emotional about this one. I was waitlisted here two cycles in a row, finally got the A!

Wow, I’m so happy for you! Congrats! Way to persist

• Love
Any news on sending IIs? Crazy that this school only has like three pages on this site haha

In person second look will be this Friday. They are holding virtual zoom meetings to discuss curriculum and other stuff today and tomorrow.
Has anyone been able to tour the school?

Wow, I’m so happy for you! Congrats! Way to persist
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing what changes you made this cycle compared to previous ones, so that I can follow in your footsteps? Thanks for your attention!

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing what changes you made this cycle compared to previous ones, so that I can follow in your footsteps? Thanks for your attention!
Thanks! I'm not 100% sure what they saw as the most meaningful change, but I'm happy to DM you to talk about my journey if that'd be helpful!

Did anyone else who interviewed 3/20 receive an email regarding the 2023 NRMP data yet? I haven't and thought they were going to send them after the interviews.

Does anyone know if there are opportunities abroad for med students? A lot of schools have these types of opportunities, but I can't find any evidence of it on the med school website

Does anyone know if there are opportunities abroad for med students? A lot of schools have these types of opportunities, but I can't find any evidence of it on the med school website

I didn’t find anything online either but they mentioned opportunities in Uganda and the DR during my interview